HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    A couple very minor things I noticed wrt the MVC in my C-117 :
    1) Windshield wiper animation only visible in VC view, not in external views - ie. spot view etc.
    2) Can the GPS be made to show as 2D pop-up either by right clicking mouse on top part of it while in VC view, or by using one of the function keys ? (Sometimes it's hard to see GPS info screens without zooming in on the dashboard.)
    Wiper animation missing in external view, yep, that's an oversight, well spotted.

AFAIK you can add the default 2D GPS 500. I know we did it initially. Try it as window05 (Shift-6) thus:

First, add a window title line to panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]
    Window00=Main Panel
    Window01=Fuel and Payload
    Window02=Control Panel
    Window03=Monitor
    Window04=Clipboard
    Window05=GPS
    Window10=Monitor Help
    Window11=Keys

Then add the default gauge like so, possibly adjusted for size:

[Window05]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,378
    pixel_size=456,378
    position=2
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

Thank you Mjahn for your upgrades for both C47/C117! The only little flaw I've noticed on both birds, is a quite strange thing that in the previous version didn't exist: when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ... Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice saying only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" - I've installed the new aircraft correctly, deleting all previous versions and my Platform is FSX Gold / Windows 7. Regards
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Thank you Mjahn for your upgrades for both C47/C117! The only little flaw I've noticed on both birds, is a quite strange thing that in the previous version didn't exist: when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ... Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice sayng only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" - I've installed the new aircraft correctly, deleting all previous versions and my Platform is FSX Gold / Windows 7. Regards
    "Deleting all previous versions" - why? The packages are standalone, allowing users free choice between them and earlier setups.

None of the testers here reported the conflicting voices you describe nor can I replicate them here now (but see edit, below). However, some of them are triggered by a random procedure so it may indeed happen on initialization. Partly it may also be due to the fact that the callouts are turned ON automatically on initialization (unlike in the earlier versions). The Monitor window also shows on initialization. You can use it or the title page of the checklist to turn the callouts off. For the goodbye sequence you could turn the callouts OFF before leaving the sim to avoid the clipped goodbye (which doesnt happen here).

I'll run a test to verify what I am saying here, one never knows ...

OK, correction, I do get a clipped voicebite on starting a fresh flight, but not when loading a saved flight, or when ending a session.

It's not difficult to edit the gauge that turns the callouts ON and makes the Monitor panel show. Let me know if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    "Deleting all previous versions" - why? The packages are standalone, allowing users free choice between them and earlier setups.

None of the testers here reported the conflicting voices you describe nor can I replicate them here now (but see edit, below). However, some of them are triggered by a random procedure so it may indeed happen on initialization. Partly it may also be due to the fact that the callouts are turned ON automatically on initialization (unlike in the earlier versions). The Monitor window also shows on initialization. You can use it or the title page of the checklist to turn the callouts off. For the goodbye sequence you could turn the callouts OFF before leaving the sim to avoid the clipped goodbye (which doesnt happen here).

I'll run a test to verify what I am saying here, one never knows ...

OK, correction, I do get a clipped voicebite on starting a fresh flight, but not when loading a saved flight, or when ending a session.

It's not difficult to edit the gauge that turns the callouts ON and makes the Monitor panel show. Let me know if interested.
    Thank you and correction : I've deleted only the C117.V2 , so I've : C117.V3 - C47_MVC and C47 latest version (historic VC), and confused voices come from the first 2 packages. And I'd be interested in turning OFF the callouts Thank you

CPM, I mean, see PM.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    .. when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ... Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice saying only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" . Regards
    I can say that this also happens to me as well, but I never paid much attention to it until now that someone else has brought it up.

Also, is there a way that the black rectangular control/monitor panel can be set not to pop up automatically when the C-117 is launched in FSX. I prefer to manually select it on/off using the shift-4 key as required.

My system is running FSX Deluxe Edition with SP1 & 2.

Thank-you, Manfred and Co., once again for these fantastic must have models.

MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

This is TOO COOL

Manfred and team, thank you so much for your fantastic aircraft. You guys go way above and beyond the call...Gonna go find my old USN C117 texture I had for NAS Alameda from the flashdrive archives and install the new guys into my FSX.

I found it

Back when last year when the original V3.1.3.4 came out I searched for and found the V2 repaint for Southern Airways and it is in identical DDS textures as the V3 textures are so its matches perfectly. I posted a couple shots back then and here are new ones with the new modern panel. Its beautiful thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Southern Airways shot 1.jpg   Southern Airways Shot 2.jpg  

Shift 6 did not work

Wiper animation missing in external view, yep, that's an oversight, well spotted.

AFAIK you can add the default 2D GPS 500. I know we did it initially. Try it as window05 (Shift-6) thus:

First, add a window title line to panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]
    Window00=Main Panel
    Window01=Fuel and Payload
    Window02=Control Panel
    Window03=Monitor
    Window04=Clipboard
    Window05=GPS
    Window10=Monitor Help
    Window11=Keys

Then add the default gauge like so, possibly adjusted for size:

[Window05]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=456,378
    pixel_size=456,378
    position=2
    visible=0
    ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

MJ- I also would like to have this option so I could move it to my second monitor and make it larger and easier to read. I made the change you outlined above to my installed Douglas C-117D V3, but it did not work. When I hit Shift 6 I get a message that nothing is mapped to Shift 6. It shows all the other Shift items that are mapped. I double checked the panel cfg file and the change I added matches your suggestion. I even did a copy and paste of your text for the window, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step I have to do?
    Thanks. Love the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Back when last year when the original V3.1.3.4 came out I searched for and found the V2 repaint for Southern Airways and it is in identical DDS textures as the V3 textures are so its matches perfectly. I posted a couple shots back then and here are new ones with the new modern panel. Its beautiful thank you.
    tgycgijoes : Where did you get the Southern skin ? I've been searching for it to no avail. Was the first airliner I flew in.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    tgycgijoes : Where did you get the Southern skin ? I've been searching for it to no avail. Was the first airliner I flew in.
    here is all of the skins i have downloaded for the C-47 i saved them on one drive

drop into your sim Objects Airplanes folder no editing needed

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArRq6fxxTT8ElHwXhhmnp9mOTbyI
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

WOW!

I didn't think I'd like it. Then I tried it. Now I do!!! Thanks for all who worked on this project. Salute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingboxcar View Post
    MJ- I also would like to have this option so I could move it to my second monitor and make it larger and easier to read. I made the change you outlined above to my installed Douglas C-117D V3, but it did not work. When I hit Shift 6 I get a message that nothing is mapped to Shift 6. It shows all the other Shift items that are mapped. I double checked the panel cfg file and the change I added matches your suggestion. I even did a copy and paste of your text for the window, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step I have to do? Thanks. Love the plane.

Just copy/pasted it into my V3 panel.cfg and the 2D GPS shows just fine, both on Shift-6 and clicking on Monitor > Misc > "GPS". Anything unusual with your setup? Perhaps check if you have the fs9gps.cab in your main Gauges folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    here is all of the skins i have downloaded for the C-47 i saved them on one drive

Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfee1 View Post
    Thanks for this.
    your welcome
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Thanks for all the repaints ! I didn't realize there were so many !

EDIT: Darn, 154 repaints and no Southern Airways. I've searched Flightsim AVSim, Simvation and here, SOH. The repaint may be here but I keep getting a 'database' error when I search.
    All others I've found were for the default FSX DC-3.

EDIT: Darn, 154 repaints and no Southern Airways. I've searched Flightsim AVSim, Simvation and here, SOH. The repaint may be here but I keep getting a 'database' error when I search.
    yep i search high and low for all of them

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

found Southern Airways for you i will update the skins pack soon

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

here you go jmbiii

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArRq6fxxTT8ElG8UdTXxHsQyRqg4

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Many thanks, Cirrus ! Now off to fly that first flight - Memphis to Tri-Cities.

Many thanks, Cirrus ! Now off to fly that first flight - Memphis to Tri-Cities.

Happy to Help so many planes for you to pick from too

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

Hi,

This is done with good intend i gather, yet strongly request to REMOVE this download as soon as possible.

Lot of repaints which are included have distribution limitations within there readme files. So distributing them this way you are not doing all the repainter a favour .
    Note the link also shows up now at different sites and fora.

So again, please remove this file.

Thank you!

Marcel

Just copy/pasted it into my V3 panel.cfg and the 2D GPS shows just fine, both on Shift-6 and clicking on Monitor > Misc > "GPS". Anything unusual with your setup? Perhaps check if you have the fs9gps.cab in your main Gauges folder?[/LEFT]
    I have it working now.
    Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 3