HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

Still in the testing stage but soon to be released: a 'modern' VC to go with any of the current C-47s (V3.1406) - mainly for simmers who want to use dual GPS's, standard radios, annunciators etc.

It's going to be a standalone package including Gordon 'gman' Madison's Piedmont Airlines texture and a long-nosed ski-equipped Navy R4D-5 resurrected from the original 2011 model. HD (4096 px) versions of the Piedmont texture will be made available separately.

If desired, models and textures can freely be ported to Jan Visser's VVC setup, and vice versa.

Some preliminary screens to whet the appetite...

WOW!! Brilliant news!!

Priller

GREAT job
    The more you do, the less you dream

Looks fantastic, very much looking forward to it.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Cool! Looking forward to it
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

+1, if you're counting replies. I've been flying the previous version for quite some time since I prefer the modern panel setup. Love your Gooney Birds!
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Still in the testing stage but soon to be released: a 'modern' VC to go with any of the current C-47s (V3.1406) - mainly for simmers who want to use dual GPS's, standard radios, annunciators etc.

It's going to be a standalone package including Gordon 'gman' Madison's Piedmont Airlines texture and a long-nosed ski-equipped Navy R4D-5 resurrected from the original 2011 model. HD (4096 px) versions of the Piedmont texture will be made available separately.

If desired, models and textures can freely be ported to Jan Visser's VVC setup, and vice versa.

Some preliminary screens to whet the appetite...

I'm not seeing any pictures. Something wrong with my browser setup?

C117

Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    I'm not seeing any pictures. Something wrong with my browser setup?
    And yet your quoted post has the pics showing in mine... not IE9 by any chance? Some bother has been noticed with that of late.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    And yet your quoted post has the pics showing in mine... not IE9 by any chance? Some bother has been noticed with that of late.
    Odd...no pictures in Chrome or Edge on my workstation but can see them in Chrome on my phone.

Edit: Cleared all the temp files, etc. in Chrome on my workstation, still no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by psm View Post
    Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?
    I also would like to know, plus the Basler and Braddick?

Quote Originally Posted by psm View Post
    Not really because it has the wrong location (too far back) and the wrong engines. But I meant to check anyway if a separate version for the C-117 was possible. This may take some testing though.

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I also would like to know, plus the Basler and Braddick?
    Errr .... actually, this 'modern' VC is a heavily modified version of the Basler/Braddick and it is strictly radial engines specific. So I don't think there is any point in porting it back to where it came from.

Thanks for the update. No I can see the point in that.

That looks super. Thank you, MJ.

Blasphemy for those preferring the original "Authentic" look.

But good looking for those wanting a more modern cockpit.

Now all parties can be happy.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

This is WOW! Again .
    Any chance to have default rain effects for P3Dv4 on windshield (like Maule)?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Example (SDK P3Dv4):

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Definitely that's what one would like to have. So far I am running my models in gmax FSX 'compatibility' mode only. I believe it would require a major conversion to get this implemented. Have you had any success with it? How is it done?

May I suggest a light gray color for the cockpit. It looks like most of the modern C-47 cockpits are painted that way.

Schweeet!!!
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Great looking stuff here. Can't wait.
    I assume we will have it to use with P3Dv4.3?
    I too would love to have the C-117 revived and updated with this panel, if possable. I should add, I am using only P3Dv4.3 now and of course the C-47 works really great there, so I hope for the C-117 for use with that program.
    Thanks MJ for your great contribution to our virtual world.

The C-117 is at the finishing touches stage, and with some minor restrictions (payload manager, battery recharge) it runs fine on P3d V4.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    The C-117 is at the finishing touches stage, and with some minor restrictions (payload manager, battery recharge) it runs fine on P3d V4.
    Manfred, once this is completed and if it's not too much trouble, could you summarise what the latest versions of the C-47 and C-117 are, and which panels go with what. It will enable the absent-minded amongst us ( me ) to bring everything up to date.

I like the black panel. I really really do like that. Thanks for your ongoing work in this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Manfred, once this is completed and if it's not too much trouble, could you summarise what the latest versions of the C-47 and C-117 are, and which panels go with what. It will enable the absent-minded amongst us ( me ) to bring everything up to date. I like the black panel. I really really do like that. Thanks for your ongoing work in this hobby.
    Paul, they are fully standalone and can be run side by side with C-117 V2 and C-47 3.1406. The only downside of the new versions is that some of the earlier HJN gauges (mainly Basler fuel system, payload mgr, and battery recharge) have been set inop.

Both package are uploading to the SOH lib right now.

Members who have read this thread: 3