Tower or Traffic?

Thread: Tower or Traffic?

Icon5 Tower or Traffic?

Some airfields have a full ATC dialogue with the tower, while others have a traffic ATC which doesn't reply but tells other a/c in the vicinity what you are up to. Sometimes installing an addon airfield changes this from traffic only to full tower. Is there a setting somewhere which can be used to make this change?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Didn't quite escape.
    Hi David,

It's set within the AFD bgl file and can be modified using Airport Design Editor or, if you're utterly insane, manual XML editing.

In the UK, a Flight Information Service (such as Halfpenny Green has) or an A/G Radio station are sort of the equivalent of FSX's UNICOM and MULTICOM "traffic" frequencies. We'd call "Information" or "Radio" rather than "Traffic" at first, then drop to "traffic" if there's no response from the ground. I've been flying in the circuit with an instructor before who has taken over as 'Radio' when the FISO or A/G Operator weren't on frequency.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks Ian. I am pretty inane, as you know. Maybe best left alone, then.

David

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Thanks Ian. I am pretty inane, as you know. Maybe best left alone, then.

David
    David, not difficult at all with ADE. Just a few keystrokes in the Comm or Navaids section. . .forget now how it's labeled. Recompile the bgl and you're done.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thank you. By coincidence I was thinking of trying it with your Emma, which I've been using a lot lately. If disaster follows I can simply wipe and reinstall!

David

Comms

In the U.S. you can get all kinds of online help including pdf's of exactly how to talk with ATC in different classes of airspace. AOPA (Airline Pilots and Owners Assn) has all kinds of help in their student pilots section. I use this with my students. There are even interactive tutorials. I am sure there are other things in Europe and Asia as well in their IAVO or VATSIM groups. Here in the U,.S. again, bvartcc (short for Boston Virtual ARTCC) can be accessed for help. They are VATSIM.

Here is a link for you:

https://www.pilotworkshop.com/proper...sory-frequency

Didn't quite escape.
    In ADE, it's under the "Lists" drop-down, then "Comms".

I'd give The Place That Cannot Be Named its own tower, but really, I don't fancy trying to get FSX to say the name!

Ian P.

Thank you all. I have found the drop down and tried to add a tower, but it doesn't seem to want to compile. Maybe a Steam thing? Anyway I have found some YouTube tutorials so I can have another try.

Central reservation of the M62 in God's Own County.
    Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    In ADE, it's under the "Lists" drop-down, then "Comms".

I'd give The Place That Cannot Be Named its own tower, but really, I don't fancy trying to get FSX to say the name!

Ian P.
    FSX would probably say " Tango Whiskey Alpha Tango Tango"
    MickeyD

Edit Voicepack

It is possible to get FSX (I don't have STEAM) to properly say the names of airports, airlines, controllers etc. using Edit Voicepack a free addon I have used many times. It is a really great addon.

Members who have read this thread: 0