NEW Package For Stock CFS3 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW Package For Stock CFS3

Okay, it was just one more possibility to eliminate. It turns out I had this very problem today as I was trying to restore my computer back into working order again, and it took me a while to remember the fix.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Major . I think it is a driver problem with my ATI.

schott, try to use the first Ankor shader release that already use bump mapping it's around 2016 if im not mistaken, maybe it's still around in download section.
    I had the same issue like you before but then i try to find the suitable driver and it works but mine is nvidia and it's older than your ATI series. ATI is a bit tricky with driver update and u just need a good driver if it's necessary try to find ATI unofficial driver. Btw what's your OS system? and it's PC or NB ?

Blog Entries
    It's a note book . A HP Dv7. Windows7 64 bit. The ATI is a Radeon 6370m. Will give the older shaders and see if that works. Scared to change drivers after the pc crashed last time.

Scott, your current rig is notebook now, you noted it somewhere already, if I good remember... so, if you would have WOFF, it shouldnt work there too, at this stage. because it is Ankors injected in base too, right?

would be nice to get working on your current rig some older Ankors at least, still, the januar 2018 edition really worth to have.

good luck to find the proper drivers, fingers crossed!

as to the AMD/ATI 6370M a Google says its 5470 videocard infact, supporting DX11 and Shader 5.0 btw.

Blog Entries
    Had WOFF on my gaming rig but had to sell my pc to pay for medical bills. Do not have it installed on this laptop. Run DX11. I'm giving up on this till i get a new rig again. Thanks everyone for all the help. Regards,Scott
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; November 22nd, 2018 at 14:58.

Your rig should run well even with the new Ankor shader but i don't know for sure for performance hits with your NB, i also use my old NB for CFS3. Btw which catalyst driver u use now?
    Btw did you check your microsoft visual C++ too? i use windows 7 64 as well, from C++redistributable 2005, 2008,2010,2012,2013 and 2017 and don't forget to get latest directx 9.0c which some seems different in my experience with the size.

Blog Entries
    My microsoft visual C++ is only up to 2010. Can look into that. Have DX9c.Think i'll wait till i have a proper gaming rig though. Thanks,Scott

well, a "proper gaming rig" supposing will be a PC with a virgin Windows system install so all the pain which you re trying to avoid of now will start again, Scott.

Blog Entries
    Hahaha! Will make sure it is set up correctly and can handle AnKors shaders the way it should. Will download the latest C++ versions and see if that helps though just as a test. By the way my last gaming rig could run WOFF at max settings and run perfect and smooth. Hated to get rid of it but had to sell a lot of things to pay for medical bills. I'm better now so i can save up for a new one,the way i want it. With Windows 7 64 bit of coarse. Don't like how Win.10 updates.Thanks everyone for all the help. I'll just stick to what i have now and be happy till i get my new rig.Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Found it to be a problem with my ATI Radeon drivers. Will wait till i get a new(or used) gaming rig and then run AnKor's shaders. Will then be able to run WOFF and WOTR. Hopefully in about 5 or 6 months.Can't wait. I miss WOFF!!

Hi to all, just two questions as i'm hving same issues as sixtrings5859, this update should be installed on cfs3 upgraded to 3.1, as i own the spanish version, do you think that the package is in fact possible to install on y spanish cfs3? I obtain ctd all the time.

And, d you knw why my pilot (in main menu) is not there anymore? This second issue is crazy, i cannot start any campaign.

Thanks!

And sorry, i forgot one. Excuse me in advance if i'm making a stupid question, is mouse look active in this package?

Thanks a lot!

Brilliant idea for the install David, thanks very much: will try; getting it now

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttles View Post
    Brilliant idea for the install David, thanks very much: will try; getting it now
    Let us know how you get on. I gave it an "old school" look with regards to scenery - otherwise using say johno's v3 scenery or similar it would have ended up looking like ETO does. With new monitors and graphics cards, some of the old stuff comes up quite nice.

Trying a reinstall of CFS3, how does this effect NEK if you are using it. Should I add it in before or after I install this new package.

SOH-CM-2020
    I have not tried this. I would probably add in NEK after installing the upgrade package. There may be one or two files which are common to both and you would need to decide which to keep or modify to incorporate both sets of features. These would be country.xml, pilotattributes.xml and pilotconstants.xml probably. I make a few edits to improve AI pilot ability. You could compare files using Winmerge or another file comparison software and quickly see the changes my files make compared to the equivalent NEK file.

NEK adds a whole lot of countries, medals, uires, pilot characters, unlimitedpilots.xml etc which on the whole are different from the things offered in the upgrade package. I suspect the different pilot nationality voicepacks and things might already be there but no harm in overwriting with the NEK sound files. Keep us posted as to how you get on.

SOH-CM-2020

Upgrade Package Superseded by Version 2

The link to the download is now defunct. 486 people downloaded, I hope they got some enjoyment from the upgrades. Not one person provided feedback about gameplay, so I wouldn't know!!!

<Admin, please delete this thread as the link is not operational.> Version 2 replaces this package

Spanish 3.1 version

Hi, Is it possible to apply your patch on Spanish version, 3.1? I0d like to truy it and post my results. Thanks.

It was the easiest way to determine if I wanted to install Ankor's shaders in my other CFS3 installs. It did work "as advertised" and I ended up going to the shaders in all my installs

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by D'Ace View Post
    Hi, Is it possible to apply your patch on Spanish version, 3.1? I0d like to truy it and post my results. Thanks.
    Hi D'Ace, I don't know the answer. To me, if you have a stock install patched to v3.1a, then this package should go on top with no problems I can think of.

Let us know how you get on! I suggest you run this package on a separate install if you have a modified install (eg with NEK on it.). It is easy to do as multicfs3.exe is included in the package.

Hi Daiwilletti,

I'm going to do so, First, I need to learn a bit how to use multicfs3.exe. I'm running cfs3 in a Windows 10 laptop and it goes now, I found some problems som years ago in another machine and couldn't play it. Don't want to mess files this time, need to know how to "share" the roaming/microsoft/Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder.

I will let you know, thanks!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by D'Ace View Post
    Hi Daiwilletti,

I'm going to do so, First, I need to learn a bit how to use multicfs3.exe. I'm running cfs3 in a Windows 10 laptop and it goes now, I found some problems som years ago in another machine and couldn't play it. Don't want to mess files this time, need to know how to "share" the roaming/microsoft/Combat Flight Simulator 3 folder.

I will let you know, thanks!
    The trick in Win 10 is to right click on old program exes, and select "Run as Administrator". Sometimes you also have to choose compatibility settings, like WinXP sp3.

But the good news is I can easily run multicfs3.exe in clunky old Win10 home edition, using the administrator settings. (can't remember if I needed to set up compatibility settings too).

Members who have read this thread: 3