Munich-Riem44

Thread: Munich-Riem44

Munich-Riem44

First of a couple off Luftwaffe airfields in kicking off my HD over the next couple of weeks.

Built in 1939 as an airport for Munich, used by the Luftwaffe through-out the war until over taken by American force's in 45, In the later years of the war, Riem was the home of Jagdverband 44 (JV44) commanded by Adolf Galland, a unit operating the Me262 jet fighter with expert pilots hand picked from disbanded or re-equipped units.

Ive had the MR tower,hanger object kicking around as a saved project in FSDS for age's, and decided to finish it and make up a basic airfield scenery. Its relatively basic and i have'nt done to much work, but i like to think it looks the part. I could'nt decide on the texture's for the terminal-tower, most post war photo's show it to be red brick or some simile material, although pre war pics seem to be stone or concrete cladding, i went for the latter, as the structure was pretty much flatten'd during the war and rebuilt when under American occupation.

you will need to download and install these objects from IanP, found here---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-...nloade-filess/

( hope you dont mind your objects being used by the other side )

thanks to Shessi for the JU88 scenery object

Can't wait Ian!

Hi Ian,
    Ha ha...nice one!

We're all in it together.....

Cheers

Shessi

Munich-Riem44

Schön, after Shessi had done so much work for the Junkers Ju 88 nightfighter and the Werneuchen scenery for FS2004 there comes an interesting scenery BUT only for FSX ! Is FS2004 too old or ugly, or the users of this venerable sim uninteressant? Sad, perhaps someone understand my words. Papi

Hi Papi, im sorry your sad but unfortunately i dont have FS9 or the scenery design tools for that sim installed any more, im just trying to fill a gap in the FSX world and making scenery compatible would be akin to making up 2 different scenery's, and with the time i spend trying to sort out all the 75% finish'd airfields lurking in the graveyard of my HD, im not to keen on the extra workload .

When i made up my Westerland-sylt scenery for FS9 a few years back, i i structured the custom objects (hangers, outbuildings,ect) so anyone could try their hand at making up their own scenery using my librarys, but other than Shessi, there have been to my knowledge no taker's.

As for Munich-Riem, may i recommend the CalClassic European scenery for FS9, which contains an excellent rendition of MR, i did consider adapting that for my own use but i didnt want to be reliant on the CC object libs and it look'd too civilian for my use, but first class scenery never the less.

cheers ian

For me your Westerland-Sylt is one of the best you've done, a must start-point for Nachtjagd flying...

I saw this on your site and larffed...''(Only a year since the last update, this time… Stop complaining! 😉 )''

Cheers

Shessi

I saw this on your site and larffed...''(Only a year since the last update, this time… Stop complaining! 😉 )''
    Hi Shessi, i think your getting me mixed up with the other Ian who make WW2 scenery, im far to lazy to set up my own web-site

Hi Ian. I have trees in several places in the scenery. Any Ideas? Running FSX.

Hi Ian. I have trees in several places in the scenery. Any Ideas? Running FSX.
    I have my autogen on sparse, so a few may have escape'd my notice if you raise the autogen. I did include an exclude-autogen poly, so im not sure why you have them. let know how you get on

I guess I have something wrong in that area in my sim. Even on sparse I have trees and ground textures encroaching on your scenery. I will see if I can figure it out.

On another note......do you know anyone who makes an ME-262 AI plane(s) for FSX?

Didn't quite escape.
    That other Ian would be me, Shessi - I have updated it a number of times this year, though!

Ian E: Using my stuff for Luftwaffe airfields... You do know there's an entire library of German military vehicles, plus some figures (albeit in Wehrmacht uniforms...) and some other random things, don't you? Points at the German scenery he's done and reminds himself that he needs to send you the info I have about Venlo.
    Cheers,

Ian P.

You do know there's an entire library of German military vehicles, plus some figures (albeit in Wehrmacht uniforms...) and some other random things, don't you?
    Ive been putting the DLW objects to good use , i was thinking more of smaller structure's like huts, shed's, single story barrack block's ect. With bigger obs, i'll have to fire up FSDS and custom make them, but the smaller one's, i can get away with using existing libs.

do you know anyone who makes an ME-262 AI plane(s) for FSX?
    Almost certainly not, you'll have to experiment with whats on the download site's. Im not aware of a freeware 262 ( the payware Flight Replicas model if well worth the cash IMHO) although i believe Scrub may have done one, and if you do find one, it'll be hit or miss to get it working as an AI

cheers ian

There are several Freeware FS204 models available at Flightsim.com. There is an original package made by Pierre Marchadier. And there are several sets containing conversions by Scrub from the old VB models. And there is a conversion from the same VB model by Rene Spaan.

There is a FS9 scenery package from Fassberg AB which contains Me 262 as AI planes. And the is an AI plane set available for FS9 Kaufbeuren, which contains an Me 262 AI model as well.

Perhaps one of these options can be used in FSX as AI.

To find all this, just do a search on "262" at flightsim.com

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    There are several Freeware FS204 models available at Flightsim.com. There is an original package made by Pierre Marchadier. And there are several sets containing conversions by Scrub from the old VB models. And there is a conversion from the same VB model by Rene Spaan.

There is a FS9 scenery package from Fassberg AB which contains Me 262 as AI planes. And the is an AI plane set available for FS9 Kaufbeuren, which contains an Me 262 AI model as well.

Perhaps one of these options can be used in FSX as AI.

To find all this, just do a search on "262" at flightsim.com

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for the info Huub.

Didn't quite escape.
    Incidentally, regarding autogen getting in the way, you're not using Orbx scenery are you? If so, they break the default system and not only is "grass" a golf course, but "exclude autogen" doesn't exclude it as a result. You need to use a "Grass Skirting 1" landclass poly underneath your airport.

Ian P.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Hi Shessi, i think your getting me mixed up with the other Ian who make WW2 scenery, im far to lazy to set up my own web-site
    DOHHH!

Apologies Ian E, there are too many Ian's doing scenery here! You're all good...ha ha...

Thanks Ian P for your stuff as well.

Cheers

Shessi aka Ian Z....

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Incidentally, regarding autogen getting in the way, you're not using Orbx scenery are you? If so, they break the default system and not only is "grass" a golf course, but "exclude autogen" doesn't exclude it as a result. You need to use a "Grass Skirting 1" landclass poly underneath your airport.

Ian P.

Yes using ORBX.

Members who have read this thread: 0