The Tweet is back! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tweet is back!

Just to be a spelling Nazi, I have noticed a common word used amongst flight simmers that pushes my OCD button. Defiant vs Definite. The latter indicates certainty, the former indicates blatant, unrepentant, aggressive, violent rebellion.
    -JB

regardless dragonfly or not, your releases have been top notch thus far so whenever you guys release it will be warmly welcomed

Im just glad its not another spitfire, hurricane, mustang, cessna or something thats already been flogged to death

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    regardless dragonfly or not, your releases have been top notch thus far so whenever you guys release it will be warmly welcomed

Im just glad its not another spitfire, hurricane, mustang, cessna or something thats already been flogged to death
    Strictly speaking, it is actually a Cessna, just of a different breed. Now that I think of it, it is kind of ironic that the benign one is called the Skyhawk, while the wild one is called the Tweet!

Alex, this one is going to be a sure success, and a much needed addition to the FS world. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Looking forward to it.
    ... I'm looking forward to 361MEA's 2002 T-37C Retirement Scheme

The "Flying Dog Whistle". I used to service USAF T-37's that came into our FBO and if there's a couple of things I never forgot, one was the awful screech from the intakes and the other was the mandatory Fireguard posting during the engine startups. The only jet engine I ever stood in front of that was equally as loud at idle was the RR Viper engines on the old Hawker 125 Jets. Even with ear plugs, I know I still suffered hearing loss from them based on my hearing checkups after that time.

Hopefully this model will be in or around Study Sim level. Nowadays with DCS and P3Dv4, I don't use anything less. If so, it's a sure buy for me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Personally I find this underwhelming, but that's just my opinion.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Personally I find this underwhelming, but that's just my opinion.
    You're opinion noted, so why even bother to post? You find the topic or the discussion underwhelming? Just sort of a bizarre addition for a lot of excited Tweet/Dragonfly enthusiast
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I spent my final two years at Perrin AFB here in Sherman, Tx in the 60's and during that time worked T-37's that had a satellite maintenance unit from Sheppard AFB on our site and then a year spent TDY to Nam where I worked on the A-37 Dragonfly. I am definitely looking forward to the release of the T-37 for sure and if a Dragonfly rises from the remnants of that product. . .all the better.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

When I was at Carswell AFB in the early to mid-80s, while preflighting a B-52D as a student gunner I saw my first Tweet and learned that you needed to have your headset on when one taxied past. Unique sound. When I got into flight simulation with FS2004, FSX, and then P3D; I had always wanted one since the Microsim T-37 came out. I actually got a copy (with license transfer of course) and it kinda worked in P3D, so I'm looking forward to this release.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    When I was at Carswell AFB in the early to mid-80s, while preflighting a B-52D as a student gunner I saw my first Tweet and learned that you needed to have your headset on when one taxied past. Unique sound. . . . . .
    We were required to wear ear plugs and a headset, they were parked a good distance from our shop and so we drove up to their location. . .usually to sign off a Red-X or some other discrepancy before engine start. Even sitting inside the truck with the doors closed we had to have that ear protection on. A nasty sound for sure.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    We were required to wear ear plugs and a headset, they were parked a good distance from our shop and so we drove up to their location. . .usually to sign off a Red-X or some other discrepancy before engine start. Even sitting inside the truck with the doors closed we had to have that ear protection on. A nasty sound for sure.
    In UPT we called them 'dog whistles."
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    yeah she was known as the '6000lb Dog Whistle'..... a very apt name for the things!

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Yep, that was my thought even before I heard that nickname (Flying Dog Whistle). As I mentioned above, I hated standing fireguard in front of them during engine start on our FBO ramp.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think it just tried to make you hear its name in your eardrums. Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    I think it just tried to make you hear its name in your eardrums. Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

that noise?

(Sorry guys! had to do it!)

Members who have read this thread: 0