Missing repaints for Manfred's C-117

Thread: Missing repaints for Manfred's C-117

Missing repaints for Manfred's C-117

I'm still working my way through uploading all repaints that went missing in the OZx hack, and I've come across a few that I don't have backups off, and I can't even find the original photoshop files...
    I'm talking about a few paints for Manfred Jahn's C-117 Skytrooper/ If anybody still has these on his computer, whether they are just the texture folders or the original downloaded files, I would appreciate a copy.

I'm talking about these paints:
    fsxq774

fsxq753

fsxq728

fsxq647

fsxq679
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jan,

I have the Borek paint. I'll toss it up to the cloud and send you a link tomorrow

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    I've got all of those Jan Kees. I'll go fetch them out of the archives.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Super News

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I've got all of those Jan Kees. I'll go fetch them out of the archives.
    Thank you so much for saving them. I have a bag full of flash drives -8GB-16GB and a few 32GB of all the downloads over the past 5 years I have done because I learned the HARD WAY that all of a sudden like with AVSIM years ago and now ORBx they can disappear in the blink of the eye forever. I don't have these but if ever something I do have is lost I will be the first here to put them here in SOH Warbird Library.

Did Jan Kees Blom ever paint Norwegian air force (with Wideroe word) and/or Wideroe liveries on DC-3 or C-47 model base by Jahn, please?

Just saw lots of Jan Kees Blom's liveries being uploaded to avsim. 2 minutes ago, I downloaded his awesome RCAF livery and Alaska airline livery for C-47.

Regards,

Aharon

no, I never did a Norwegian paint.

But in the mean time I do have all my C-117 paints again, thanks for the help.
    I'll upload them soon.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

By happy coincidence all your paints will be compatible with the revamped C-117 V3 that's awaiting clearanc here in the lib.

and I just uploaded these paints, and the enclosed readmes now point to your V3 as well, talk about timing!

looking forward to all the Paint Jobs Thank you So Much
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    and I just uploaded these paints, and the enclosed readmes now point to your V3 as well, talk about timing!
    Sorry, but perhaps I'm looking in wrong place ?
    Are these C-117D repaints here at SOH ?
    I'm looking specifically for the last repaint pictured in your post above, "Lineas Aereas Canedo".

Thank-you.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Hi again,

I think I found one. It seems to be an older file from a few years ago : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=184&id=24441

Still, however, I am wondering about a couple of things. The 'noseout.dds' seems to show 'black' from the VC, even though from an external view, the nose of the Lineas Aereas Canedo repaint is all white. Also the 'propdisk.dds' seems to show a red-tipped prop when spinning, whereas this repaint has a yellow-tipped prop. I am just wondering if I downloaded the right files, or if there is a 'new' corrected version somewhere ?

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

nose out dds

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi again,

I think I found one. It seems to be an older file from a few years ago : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=184&id=24441

Still, however, I am wondering about a couple of things. The 'noseout.dds' seems to show 'black' from the VC, even though from an external view, the nose of the Lineas Aereas Canedo repaint is all white. Also the 'propdisk.dds' seems to show a red-tipped prop when spinning, whereas this repaint has a yellow-tipped prop. I am just wondering if I downloaded the right files, or if there is a 'new' corrected version somewhere ?

noseout.dds not working for me with the new releases, but worked on all previous.

FSXA
    Windows 7 64 bit

Mmm, I'll have a look this in the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Mmm, I'll have a look this in the weekend.
    Much appreciated. Thank-you.

I am becoming more and more suspicious that more than one downloadable file for the 'LAC' repaint exists. Your initial post at the top of this thread seems to show the 'LAC' repaint in a better light than mine, meaning the aluminum skin appears much more shinier and reflective, and, of course, the spinning prop has the correct color tips as well. Just not sure if the noseout.dds is white in that version, or for that matter, if it actually was included in the repaint file. I recall that some C-47 skins by other painters did not include a repaint specific noseout.dds and the repaint defaulted to the fallback texture file which had a black noseout.dds and the same issue arose there.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Sorry, but perhaps I'm looking in wrong place ?
    Are these C-117D repaints here at SOH ?
    I'm looking specifically for the last repaint pictured in your post above, "Lineas Aereas Canedo".

Thank-you.
    I you haven't already found them, I just downloaded the repaints from Avsim.com
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I just uploaded a new version for the Canedo repaint here on the outhouse, now with a white nose seen from the cockpit:

jk4339

and new metal textures:
    jk4338

and while I was at it, I did an update for the Borek aircraft as well:
    jk4334

once they are approved, check them out and let me know if these are better?

Thanks Jankees,

Just installed the updated paints. Enjoying the heck out of the C-117D and your paints.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Thank-you, Jankees. All is good now.

Cheers, MZee ...

Members who have read this thread: 0