Very strange: "unlimited fuel" always on??

Thread: Very strange: "unlimited fuel" always on??

Very strange: "unlimited fuel" always on??

I often check/uncheck unlimited fuel depending on the flight (e.g., for long overnight flights). However, I have just noticed whatever percentage full fuel I enter into the fuel load settings in the UI, all aircraft aren't burning any fuel. I have "unlimited fuel" in the Realism UI settings unchecked. Any ideas what could cause this?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I have noticed that before but could never find the cause. If unlimited fuel is on the default behavior is the fuel is used normally but when you get down to zero your engines don't stop.

Once I remember having an AC where I had to toggle the fuel pumps before it would start drawing down the fuel, but I forget which AC it was.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I've never run into this particular problem.
    Having said that, it's possible it's a setting in your default flight. If you do not have the sim's default, default flight, can I suggest resetting it so that it is? Make sure the Unlimited Fuel is unchecked. IE: You want the default settings for the default flight.
    Make sure they're set in the sim's .cfg file, too, just to be safe.

THEN, once the default flight loads in totally, change to the location, and plane, you want.
    I don't promise this will solve the problem, but it's worked in any number of other, similar, situations. Worth a try, and easy enough to reset everything to your desired choices after checking it out, no?

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks for your replies.

Have checked and reset the default flight - it was set with unlimited fuel unchecked - but the problem is still there. It's different from when you check unlimited fuel - which normally you see the fuel decreasing but then the plane keeps going (as if running on thin air). In this case, whether you start with e.g., 1000% fuel or 25% - it just sticks at that amount. It is as if the engines are burning zero gallons all the time. Puzzling.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0