FSX/P3D Q400 taught him how to fly [OT]?

Thread: FSX/P3D Q400 taught him how to fly [OT]?

FSX/P3D Q400 taught him how to fly [OT]?

Small OT.

I'm sure You know this incident https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8488016.html .
    Fortunately, no one was killed except the hijacker. Perhaps he didn't have access for professional simulator (like pilots) so looks like all procedures he learned from simulator. We have very good Q400 from Majectsic:

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

btw. I found this video in the net (XP11):

For sure it's a misfortune (and a delicate topic) but proof of accuracy our hobby also...
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Small OT.

I'm sure You know this incident https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8488016.html .
    Fortunately, no one was killed except the hijacker. Perhaps he didn't have access for professional simulator (like pilots) so looks like all procedures he learned from simulator. We have very good Q400 from Majectsic:

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/products.html

btw. I found this video in the net (XP11):

For sure it's a misfortune (and a delicate topic) but proof of accuracy our hobby also...
    You will find theres a ton of us developers in every discipline of the hobby, that are dedicated to absolute realism.
    It's an incredible hobby. I'm just glad the guy didnt fly PMDGs 737NGX.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I'm just glad the guy didnt fly PMDGs 737NGX.
    Totally right!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    ...I'm just glad the guy didnt fly PMDGs 737NGX.
    Agreed, he'd have probably swiped one of my work airplanes if he had!

Before seeing any video of this event, I was wondering how the person got the aircraft started. It is not exceptionally complicated, but certainly not like starting a car. (Was thinking maybe, since he was ground crew, some training to start the APU, and maybe Majestic Q400 user.) Upon seeing the video of the "hijacker" executing an aileron roll I immediately thought that he had some experience with the Majestic Q400. I now worry about our hobby and the potential ramifications!
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Before seeing any video of this event, I was wondering how the person got the aircraft started. It is not exceptionally complicated, but certainly not like starting a car. (Was thinking maybe, since he was ground crew, some training to start the APU, and maybe Majestic Q400 user.) Upon seeing the video of the "hijacker" executing an aileron roll I immediately thought that he had some experience with the Majestic Q400. I now worry about our hobby and the potential ramifications!
    I can't say I'm really worried about the state of our hobby after this. FSX/P3D is still a solid training tool, as well as a device for entertainment purposes. Call of Duty still exists after the "No Russian" mission. I don't think we have to worry about it.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

I am not some snowflake but I rather think that lead video is in rather poor taste here. A disturbed fellow died let us remember and I would rather think we should distance ourselves from the whole incident.
    Just sayin'.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I am not some snowflake but I rather think that lead video is in rather poor taste here. A disturbed fellow died let us remember and I would rather think we should distance ourselves from the whole incident.
    Just sayin'.
    Agreed. I'm no snowflake either - being 50 years old - I'd have probably melted by now - but I must say, his actions didn't demonstrate good airmanship (that aileron roll was sheer luck that he didn't go swimming, etc) and that it was probably his sheer lack of knowledge that allowed him to perform the manoeuvres he did without breaking the airframe.

I'm with you - let's call it RIP and thanks for not taking anyone else with you (just a hefty insurance claim) and move on.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Naismith, I totally agree, this is a tragedy resulting in a death. Out of respect for the victims family and friends I am closing this thread.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 0