2019 NASCAR Mustang by Ford

Thread: 2019 NASCAR Mustang by Ford

Lightbulb 2019 NASCAR Mustang by Ford

Hey All,

Not sure Kevin will want the new mustang given how dominant he was at Michigan today in the current ford. Really cute his 6 year-old son getting the checkered flag riding in the car and throwing water all over that one guy - and he is in go karts already...

Still not seeing the power out of Chevy's...

And a big thumbs up to Kathryn Legge in her first Nascar race yesterday - infinity series at mid-ohio. Doin ok till the engine blew - an over rev I would guess since these guys speed shift (no clutch use except takeoff - just match revs using brake and gas) most of the race. Hope she gets more rides I suspect she will be better than Raikkonen in a stock car.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

One of the post-race commentators today made the comment of (to paraphrase):

"...the front looks a lot like the Fusion...so why change a good thing?"...

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    And a big thumbs up to Kathryn Legge in her first Nascar race yesterday -
    I've always felt that Legge was a better Indycar racer than Danica...Her Atlantic series performance was much better than Danica's.
    Thing is, Legge never had an Indycar ride with top team like Andretti that Danica had....

I don't see why people are complaining. The new NASCAR Mustang looks exactly like its street counterpart. Back in 2013 NASCAR was telling they wanted their race cars to look like sreet cars you can see on your local dealer's showroom. Obviously this has been a great achievement. Heard Toyota will introduce the Tundra on their next Cup body...

Kathryn Legge............I remember her monster crash at Road America way back when the open wheel series was a genuine race series.
    And considering the level of her car she was head and shoulders above Ms Patrick.
    Shame she has chosen NASCAR, she would have company in the Supercar Series with Ms de Silva.

We are trying to get our collective heads around Ford and the Mustang in the Supercar series, where GMH and Nissan are (at the present) going with four door sedans, despite Holden cooling off on the V6 turbo.
    The standard pattern safety module does not fit the Mustang profile, it was never designed for a coupe.
    As for the road Mustang, it is really basic, aside from the V8 the rest of the car is a parts bin special and at A$75,000:00 way overpriced aside from being an aesthetic disaster.....or just plain FUGLY!
    Current rumor mill subjects concern the possibility of GM running the Camaro, Nissan introducing the current 'Godzilla' and return of Volvo......................

"Heard Toyota will introduce the Tundra on their next Cup body..."............they can't Roxane-21, most of the Tundra production is sold to various anti-social groups in Arabia and Africa!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Ford had already announced that they will cease production of most of their cars for U.S. sale. Only the Focus and the Mustang will remain, everything else will be trucks and SUVs. If Ford is going to have any presence in the Cup Series, it will have to be the Mustang.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    And considering the level of her car she was head and shoulders above Ms Patrick.
    Good point!
    The best IndyCar drivers (to include Legge) drove those 900+hp cars. Dixon and Kanaa nare the only drivers left in the series that drove those beasts...

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Ford had already announced that they will cease production of most of their cars for U.S. sale. Only the Focus and the Mustang will remain, everything else will be trucks and SUVs. If Ford is going to have any presence in the Cup Series, it will have to be the Mustang.
    Even the Taurus?
    I like that SHO Taurus.....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Even the Taurus?
    I like that SHO Taurus.....
    Yes, even the Taurus. Ford sells more trucks and SUVs than anything else they produce, at least in the U.S. market.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Same for Australia.
    The top two bestselling vehicles in Oz are the Ford Ranger and Toyota's 'Whatever'.
    Advertising spiels are now promoting the crew cab versions as 'Family Fun Vehicles'....................................
    As for the SUV market, the bloody things are neither sporting or utilitarian, and I really truly detest them.
    Our 'Truck' is only necessary as a tow vehicle for Sofie's horse float, but I must admit to occasionally using 'Darth' to take the war to the freeway!
    The GMH truck is made in Thailand, one reason to avoid it like a dose of Genital Herpes.
    Nothing is 'Made in Australia', Ford, GM and Toyota have all shut up shop and either import fully assembled vehicles or bring in PKD units.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0