Video about norcal forests

Thread: Video about norcal forests

Video about norcal forests

This is from Juan Brown,there is some political base to it from the arguments on the youtube page,but i didnt hear Juan say anything bad...anyway..have a watch,hes not an "authority" but he lays out the California fire situation pretty damned well.

Nicely done
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

The ANZAC crews turn up on our International news service on a regular basis.
    Their main concerns are the terrain and the apparent lack of control over where residential building is permitted, coupled with a lack of basic fire prevention around semi urban areas.
    We have had problems (and will continue to do so) when people build in rural locations without considering fire prevention and containment.
    The very recent fires in Greece are a perfect example of how not to plan building permits in an obvious fire area.
    As for 'Global Warming' (avoiding the politics please) the very recent Scandinavian fires drive home the fact that it is here and is real.
    Living in a National Park as we do requires precautions, clearing ground fuel and timber debris is part of our normal routine, all our structures are equipped with external soaker systems which are fed by several water storage sources.
    The land around our home is cleared at least 100+ metres from any flammable timber, all within National Park regulations.
    Finally, if it comes to a worst case scenario, we have several exits.
    We are members of the local CFA, a volunteer organisation that has been part of the Australian rural scene for decades, I say 'we' as Sofie is more use as a Doctor than me, I'm just another grunt.

The commentary in that video is reasonable up to a point, just a bit right wing.
    Timber logging is obsolete and can't be trusted to spend money on clearing brush out of their forests.
    The core problem lies with residents who have built in danger zones without regard for responsible precautions.
    Unfortunately we can't legislate against stupidity.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

that all makes sense,but logging cleans the forest floor quite good,and we do have laws that are in place to clean and clear around your home,its just that those laws cant be enforced for some reason,the USA has a long standing thing about violating a persons rights,they tried fining people for a time,people cried loudly about it being unfair ,these same people cried even louder a few fire seasons later when they lost their homes due to lack of personal clean up,and blamed the fire fighters for "allowing" the homes to burn,but thats all in the laws,if you dont do the property clearing and fire prevention,your home wont be protected,they just drive past it.back to Juan's video,he showed that under-story,which is real bad,that was 5-6 feet tall ,ive seen it worse in the Tahoe national forest earlier this year,there was "ground clutter" that stood a full 12 feet high,thats all tinder dry and just waiting to addd to a so called fire storm,if this area was allowed to be logged,all that under-story would have been cleaned up,tractors clean that area just moving around,even when using the new cutters.

one comment you made..logging is obsolete.whats that mean? how else are you going to timber harvest for simple things like homes,or paper products?.

What doesn't get international coverage is the fires up here in BC No celebrities to worry about and not as populated as CA of course but still devastating.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...Statistics.asp
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post

one comment you made..logging is obsolete.whats that mean? how else are you going to timber harvest for simple things like homes,or paper products?.
    Dave,
    One of the best timber replacements that is mostly overlooked is compressed Bamboo.
    We used it in a previous home we built in conjunction with a steel frame, and it is stronger than most conventional timber products, the panels we had were impregnated with flame retardant, and the cost (at the time) was more than competitive.
    Bamboo grows at a prodigious rate, requires little agricultural maintenance and the resulting building panels are consistent in strength, appearance and texture.
    As for paper products, recycling 'used' paper is the way to go.

And N, we hear quite a lot of news covering fires on the International scene, probably because as a Nation we are very aware of bush fires.
    Already the Australian fire season has kicked off, earlier than usual but not unexpected.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    What doesn't get international coverage is the fires up here in BC No celebrities to worry about and not as populated as CA of course but still devastating.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...Statistics.asp
    Not completely true. My colleague comes from Penticton BC and most of her relatives live in that area. So the bush fires get a lot of attention here in our offices

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0