Hurricane force

Thread: Hurricane force

Hurricane force

"The battle for France is over... the battle for Britain is about to begin..."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HurriK.jpg   HurriF.jpg   HurriD.jpg   HurriC.jpg   HurriB.jpg   HurriA.jpg  

Great news indeed. And the next project a BF-109E?

Baz, now you’re talkin’!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian1943 View Post
    Great news indeed. And the next project a BF-109E?
    Or a Bf-109D?

Cees

Love It! I have your "Old" Hurricane and can't wait for this one.

I don't need any more aircraft... I don't need any more aircraft... I don't need any more aircraft... I don't need any more aircraft...

Well, maybe just this one

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    "The battle for France is over... the battle for Britain is about to begin..."
    Actually, 'of' not 'for'.

" What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect the Battle of Britain is about to begin. "

Important to me as a Briton, and to air display organisers who otherwise have been giving their September airshows the wrong name for the past 70-odd years.

Nice Hurricane, by the way.

Yum, yum, yum! My all time favourite WWII fighter.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Actually, 'of' not 'for'.

" What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect the Battle of Britain is about to begin. "

Important to me as a Briton, and to air display organisers who otherwise have been giving their September airshows the wrong name for the past 70-odd years.

Nice Hurricane, by the way.
    This of course, assumes that I am quoting Churchill. But what if I were not? Never mind, perhaps a little too subtle for some.

This of course, assumes that I am quoting Churchill. But what if I were not? Never mind, perhaps a little too subtle for some.
    I don't recall subtlety being one of your strong points mate!
    Nice looking Hurricane and one I'll be happy to add to my hanger when she's finished.
    My first two purchases for FS9 were your original Hurricane and the Spitfire collection, back in the day when Harvey-Norman was a reliable source of PC additions.
    Both still reside on my GW3 installation and are regularly exercised!
    Another excellent choice as well, looking forward to it.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Didn't quite escape.
    Another one to go into the ever growing list of things I can't afford but really neeeeeeeeeeeeed!

I think I have a couple of airfields already on the list for this one. Maybe. Perhaps.

Great news bazzar!! Bader's Bus finally,lol

So you were not quoting W.C. ( complete with quotation marks ) ? My goodness, that is subtlety indeed. How stupid of me - I do apologise.

No need to apologise Paul. It's not worth the anxst. I will be more straightforward in future.

Blog Entries
    ahhh. the little bulldog that did most of the work and got the least glory saving Britain. She looks beautiful already Baz.. She'll be awesome..

Thanks for doing this model Bazz. Like the Dunkirk Spit and the Bulldog another certain buy for me. My first payware was the Battle of Britain set for CFS2. Its amazing to see how the sims and your skills have developed over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Or a Bf-109D?.......
    Cees, This would be very nice as well, but currently I prefer an Emil in the same quality as the Durnkirk Spitfire and the Bulldog. But as I'm greedy both, would even be better

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks for doing this model Bazz. Like the Dunkirk Spit and the Bulldog another certain buy for me. My first payware was the Battle of Britain set for CFS2. Its amazing to see how the sims and your skills have developed over the years!

Cees, This would be very nice as well, but currently I prefer an Emil in the same quality as the Durnkirk Spitfire and the Bulldog. But as I'm greedy both, would even be better

Cheers,
    Huub

Cees

Yaaay, and it's going to have a really good paint kit too, isn't it?.
    Norwich, a fine city.

Yes it will have a paintkit. Same as the Spitifre. Although FSX does not support PBR, we use the same techniques in the material and texture creation on all oiur stuff these days.

Bazz,

Looking at the pictures I think this is the Hurricane Mk.I (late version) with metal wings and the three bladed Rotol propeller. Am I correct that this is the only version you will include in this package?

Thanks,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Bazz,

Looking at the pictures I think this is the Hurricane Mk.I (late version) with metal wings and the three bladed Rotol propeller. Am I correct that this is the only version you will include in this package?

Thanks,
    Huub
    The prop in the model renders appears to resemble a de havilland unit, although it's not quite correct in size and proportions, including the spinner.

(It sort of looks like a hybrid of a DH and later Rotol!)

By the time of the Battle of Britain, DH or Rotol constant speed units were fitted.

The Rotol prop was the RX5/2 and can be distinguished by the blunt spinner, and broad wooden blades, whilst the de havilland unit was the type 5/32, with thin metal blades.

For more info on the prop types fitted to the Hurricane, here are some useful links and with pictures for reference : -

https://www.facebook.com/Www.Camm.fo...94474470634488

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/...dellers-guide/

https://forum.keypublishing.com/show...Any-difference

Btw, I'm looking forward to this new Hurricane!

Cheers

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DH Prop 1.jpg   Early Rotol Prop & Spinner 1.jpg  

Thanks for the explanation Paul . Like you I'm very much looking forward to this model. And most likely there will be just one single version. Which is understandable as an early version with two bladed prop and fabric covered wings would almost be a complete new model.
    But we can always hope

Cheers,
    Huub

Here's the Rotol setup we are using on the BoB Hurricanes. We are producing another version but more on that later.

Here's the Rotol setup we are using on the BoB Hurricanes. We are producing another version but more on that later.
    We will be patient

Huub

When talking about Hurricanes, patience can be an abstract concept indeed!!

Priller

Members who have read this thread: 0