P3d_v4.3?

Thread: P3d_v4.3?

P3d_v4.3?

Is this update necessary? I ask because it seems it garnered little enthusiasm other than a few people asking how to do the update itself. I don't have the latest and greatest as far as systems go (see my sig for particulars) and beyond the need to keep up with each update as it's released. . .is there really anything in this latest update that would change what I already have to the point of being able to say. . ."Wow, what a difference?".
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Not really important. Mostly fixes of bugs I never came across and some improvements of the VR handling.
    Most notable changes would be the ability to access the scenery library from the startup screen and the inclusion of CaptainSim's Hercules.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Yeah, the 4.3 content brings the Hercules and, if I'm not mistaken, a MH-53 too.
    I switched to 4.3 client mostly to keep up to date with the updates, but I haven't downloaded the 4.3 content...I'm still using the 4.0 content right now.

A few minor bugs are sorted and the menu is improved while the Hercs are a welcome addition.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Yeah, the 4.3 content brings the Hercules and, if I'm not mistaken, a MH-53 too.
    I switched to 4.3 client mostly to keep up to date with the updates, but I haven't downloaded the 4.3 content...I'm still using the 4.0 content right now.
    Daube, I had the older Nemeth H-53 in my new install of 4.2, still a pain to start. I'm only still on 4.2 but miss the Herc from the FSX days.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks for the information guys. I may follow Daube's example and just update the Client. . .for the same reason he gave.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I must be missing something with P3D which I have version 1, 2 & 4 (overlooked v3) I find little difference between it and FSX. I don't suffer the out of memory thing in FSX because I am careful as to my usage on installed sceneries. It boils down to the P3D interface which I absolutely hate and the result being I very rarely ever fire it up. I hate this straight into the flight thing is annoying plus the aircraft selection thing just plain frustrates. If only there were an alternate interface available.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I currently have FSX, P3d3 and P3d4 installed on my system. Versions 1-3 of P3D were basically fixing all the problems in FSX, which when I try it these days it is so unstable it's basically unusable. V3 is much more stable and reliable but I only pull it out for aircraft that I really miss that have not been ported over yet but it still crashes much more often than v4. Visually v3 and v4 look very much the same until you notice the autogen in v4 extends much further out and everything runs so much smother.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I must be missing something with P3D which I have version 1, 2 & 4 (overlooked v3) I find little difference between it and FSX. I don't suffer the out of memory thing in FSX because I am careful as to my usage on installed sceneries. It boils down to the P3D interface which I absolutely hate and the result being I very rarely ever fire it up. I hate this straight into the flight thing is annoying plus the aircraft selection thing just plain frustrates. If only there were an alternate interface available.
    I don't think it's done straight into a flight since v3 was released, you may have to check a setting somewhere but now you start off with a full interface of aircraft, airfield, weather, add scenery etc.

Blog Entries
    Make sure the Startup Screen is set to Yes in the config file.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Good tip! Missed that, but its still an awful interface especially the a/c selections (in comparison to FSX) I'll shut up now, I had my gripe.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Not really important. Mostly fixes of bugs I never came across and some improvements of the VR handling.
    Most notable changes would be the ability to access the scenery library from the startup screen and the inclusion of CaptainSim's Hercules.
    The VR handling did receive some major improvements. Popup panels work in VR now (Majestic Q400 is great) The ability to zoom in VR also helps with the low resolution of the units. I love looking around me and seeing the whole cockpit. Performance is fine as well (flew into KSEA today).

Members who have read this thread: 0