SOH forum connectivity

Thread: SOH forum connectivity

SOH forum connectivity

Am I the only one in the USA with connectivity problems? I'm in the Kansas City suburbs. Most of the time I have to switch to an English IP addy to get good connectivity.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Expect more, we’re advised the hosting company are doing maintenance today.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

here at middle europe having such SOH connectivity problems relatively often, usually at morning time (a hour or two back).

I'm in Australia and I sometimes get "The server is too busy" message. It doesn't always happen, but at certain times it can be pretty predictable.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Im also in Australia and at times I need to reload pages up to 5 times before it will connect.

Is it because I use firefox?

Manny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Who's your ISP?
    The only time I get less than instant connection is during maintenance (which I know about anyway) or heavy traffic periods.
    The time difference between Oz and the US is often the cause of slow loading.
    FWIW Firefox isn't a problem and I'm in Flinders on Bass Strait.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hi Wombat, I'm located in Licola on a sat connection with Telstra but I have no issues with other sites, its no biggie it doesn't take much to reload until its up, I was more concerned about firefox being the issue.

Manny
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer View Post
    Im also in Australia and at times I need to reload pages up to 5 times before it will connect.

Is it because I use firefox?

Manny
    hi Manny,

I am having enormous difficulties connecting from NZ. I blame Firefox. I suspect that some lag times when connecting are outside of updated Firefox parameters.

So I am using Chrome now, much better!

Its strange since I changed to the fixed style from the fluid style its working perfectly the last few times Ive been here
    Manny

Members who have read this thread: 0