Virtavia F-22 Raptor released as freeware

Thread: Virtavia F-22 Raptor released as freeware

Icon4 Virtavia F-22 Raptor released as freeware

G'day all,

On the Virtavia/Alphasim Freeware site, the FS9 F-22A Raptor has made it to the freeware hit parade. Many thanks to Phil and the Gang at Virtavia for their generosity.

http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

Just so you know...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hi BB,
    Many thanks for the HU, and to Virtavia for being such good sports!!

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks for the HU and ALphasim for the generous gift

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you BB, and thank you Virtavia!

Brian

Hasn't this been freeware since 2014? The FSX version has. That's the date of the download in my Virtavia Freeware folder.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Not sure about the FSX version, I don't fly the F-22 in that sim, but the FS9 version is still on sale at some of the better known payware flight sim sites. I usually monitor the Virtavia/Alphasim Freeware page on a daily basis and yesterday was the first time I had seen the FS9 F-22 listed as freeware. If you sort by date, it's at the top of the page as the most recent. To the best of my knowledge, the FS9 version wasn't released as freeware, until now.

The original FS9 version of the Alphasim F-22A had a custom version of Eric Marciano's Radar package included, however repainting the model caused issues with that for some oddball reason. Virtavia changed the model so it could be repainted but it didn't include the radar package. I have the original payware Alphasim F-22 for FS9... AFAIK, the Virtavia model is different in that it doesn't include the radar.

BB686

Yeah it seems you're spot on Blackbird. The FSX version is a fair way down the list but the FS9 version is at the top. I notice the FS9 F-111 is in the list now too. That is one I owned as payware even though I never had FS2004 installed. There were some great panel mods for it for FSX by Karol Chlebowski, and it was the best version available until the FSX version came out. It is very good of Alphasim/Virtavia to release so many models as freeware. I have also visited that list quite often.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Yeah, it's the old one from 2006 that's been freeware for a few years now. I grabbed a copy back then when it first became freeware, just in case I might someday want to fly a modern airplane (not likely though.)

Anyway, I was curious enough to download it again and check it out, and sure enough, the create date on the model files is 2006.

Hard to believe the Alphasim F-22A was released as payware 12 years ago. Still a snappy fast jet and fun to fly in the sim.

BB686

Oh, it wasn't payware that long ago. It was brand new in 2006. I have no idea when it became payware, but it wasn't that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Oh, it wasn't payware that long ago. It was brand new in 2006. I have no idea when it became payware, but it wasn't that long ago.
    Um, I meant freeware. Freeware, ot payware. In both places. Well, you probably understood my misunderstanding of the comment I was responding to.

Members who have read this thread: 0