Elvington v2.0 Finally uploaded and available

Thread: Elvington v2.0 Finally uploaded and available

Didn't quite escape.

Elvington v2.0 Finally uploaded and available

I've finally managed to kick enough of my braincells into a single line that I've got RAF Elvington uploaded and made available.

You can find it here: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/fli...raf-elvington/ - please note that if you don't get the latest version of my scenery libraries as well (IJP only... You don't need any others this time) then you'll be missing some buildings.

So. Back on to the other two places I'm working on: One for Carpetbaggers and one that I can't say the name of without upsetting filtering rules!!! I'll work out what to do about that, before release.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    I've finally managed to kick enough of my braincells into a single line that I've got RAF Elvington uploaded and made available.

You can find it here: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/fli...raf-elvington/ - please note that if you don't get the latest version of my scenery libraries as well (IJP only... You don't need any others this time) then you'll be missing some buildings.

So. Back on to the other two places I'm working on: One for Carpetbaggers and one that I can't say the name of without upsetting filtering rules!!! I'll work out what to do about that, before release.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Cees

The one with the name problem....isn't that just a few miles north of Skeabrae?

Mark
    "Even the best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there, and even then, they're still not sure."-- Frank Bama

Didn't quite escape.
    That's the one. The one that the Admiralty REALLY should have called RNAS Isbister (HMS Tern) instead of what they did.

Who says that the senior officers of the services have no sense of humour?

I'm actually doing it because oddly, there's quite a bit of information around about it, including the almost completely intact and utterly unique Watch Office. It's also an interesting layout. Then my inner 13-year-old bursts out and I just start snickering at the name again.

Ian P.

I await your answer to that one with interest. Much creative thought required!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Didn't quite escape.
    Use "@t" maybe?

Probably it'll just be "HMS Tern" everywhere but in the sim itself.

In the meantime, has anyone actually looked at Elvington v2.0 yet? Is it so bad that no-one wants to admit to having downloaded it yet? :P

Ian P.

Every thing works for me Ian , i think i have to update my library's, ive a large hanger missing from the tech area, all the other's seem to show fine. keep em coming

Edit, yes, just needed a lib update, everythings good

Well lookie there. Another field to populate with AI flights!!! Thanks Ian!

Ian,
    What is the EGYK_ADEX_IJP_ALT.BGL" to install in [Flight Simulator X]/scenery/world/scenery directory for? Just wondering since installation instructions do not mention it.

Ian, Is it work with P3Dv4 and FTX Region?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Didn't quite escape.
    Lonewolfee1: D'OH! You'll only need it if you have Orbx England, or something else that makes modern Elvington flyable, because it changes the altitude of the base airfield. The file goes in [FSX]/scenery/world/scenery. If you don't see a problem, you don't need it!

YoYo: I've tested it in Orbx England and it works in that. P3Dv4 it works, but is not native. I need to produce some instructions for installing my stuff into P3Dv4 but at the moment, if you know how, it is usable.

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 0