CFS3 BoB Alpha 01 Uploaded - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CFS3 BoB Alpha 01 Uploaded

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by ElsnerMarkus View Post

Here you can see the Problem,

its without Ankors Shaders installed?

And yes i have Run cfs2config, without make changings
    Hi, this is just that you need to uncheck Dual Pass Render in the cfs3config.exe.

I recommend that once you have the configuration settings right, you make the configoverrides.xml "read only" so that it does not get changed. The configoverrides file is in your AppData.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Really happy with the new update !! Great work to all involved ! Enjoy it with the shader package (older version), and this has been something i've been wanting to get into for a while. Excellent !!! Regards, Scott

Hi All, I had been having random crashes of my install, not every flight and sometimes I could go for days without it happening but then it would be back.
    Eventually it got the better of me and I decided to try a reinstall.
    After reinstalling a few times the crashes still persisted very randomly so I thought bugger this I going after it and started trying to find a missing or corrupt file.

I started by looking in the facilities folder at all the .xmls and I found a reference to rapide_static in the ACC_Abbots-Bromley_airbase file. I thoroughly searched the install for this folder as either a aircraft, facility, building or vehicle and found nothing, so I just made a copy of the ACC_Tigermoth_static folder, renamed the folder to to rapide_static.

Next I deleted the .bdp and the .dds files as we only need the ones in the original folder and then renamed the .m3d and the .xdp files to rapide_static and finally edited the .xdp file model name to rapide_static and since doing this I haven't had anymore crashes, well none yet after a few days of flying around.

Here is the file zipped up, just unzip and drop in your buildings folder on the BOB Expansion install only if you are missing the rapide_static folder in your install and your airbase file for ACC_Abbots-Bromley_airbase is looking for it. You wont have a Rapide but you will have a Tigermoth pretending to be a Rapide.

Hope this helps

Mick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Hi Mick,
    Good catch, thank you. Normally having a facility entry that doesn't exist doesn't cause any issues so I'll investigate what this is. You could have just deleted the entry, it would have the same effect.
    Cheers.
    Clive
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Hi Clive, I sure you are right, I started going through all the ACC facilities files after I had another crash and found many things missing, in fact a lot of them I found in my ETO install, some I imported over and some I edited out of the facilities.

Thanks for all the work you and others involved put into this.

Cheers mate

Mick

Cockpitview garbled

Hi all, just ran the BoB Mk1 upgrade to the letter.
    Sims start fine. Except my cockpitview is clipped (i think that's the word)
    By that I mean; my viewpoint looks like it's from inside the engine somewhere.
    Other views are ok. I even managed to down a 111's with tailview.

any thoughts?

Sounds like you climbed into an "ai" airplane (that has no cockpit).Which plane was it?

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    Sounds like you climbed into an "ai" airplane (that has no cockpit).Which plane was it?
    included Spitfires.
    Hurricane is fine, have not yet tried others.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no-cockpit.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	272.9 KB 
ID:	84182

Blog Entries
    Messaged you on the Facebook group page. It may be a corrupt file. Do you have the updated Mk 1 or the full on campaign version ? All Spitfires or just some. Any other aircraft ? Please be specific . Regards,Scott

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm II View Post
    That was it. As I pointed out to Scott on Facebook, I'm a who refuses to read manuals.
    Oblivious to the meaning of AI.

I have a lot of hours in various flight sims but I'm a noob when it comes to modding.

Ah well...

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Just to be sure this doesn't get lost. You can find the Battle of Britain expansion with update and campaign editions with this link ... https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob Very nice now ,with many missions, campaigns , and a ton of new content. One of my favorite expansions . Regards ,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 1