CFS3 BoB Alpha 01 Uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CFS3 BoB Alpha 01 Uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Yes I'm getting the same, am investigating!
    I feel like the bearer of bad news...but thank you for investigating this!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phrog_phixer View Post
    I feel like the bearer of bad news...but thank you for investigating this!
    No worries mate! I should have taken more care with it.

The problem is that the update is missing the NEK campaign file from ETO plus the country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml files - so far!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Any way I can get the BoB update? Tried downloading it, but the link was broken. Thanks
    :tgun2: :tgun2: M3 fAiL 3nglush thats umpossible!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    The update hasn't been released yet. There is still work to be done. Here is a link to Pat Pattle's BoB website : https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob Keep a watch for any news.

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi all,

Can some of you please confirm how many countries you see in the aircraft selection drop down. I'm trying to work out at what stage the current released install is using. I had been working on update files and I've lost track of what has been used/released.

I have added in several new countries/air forces and have completely redone the aircraft updating to latest models (well latest a few years back). also added in numerous pilot biographies for each of the countries listed. 45 in total. 5 air forces or branches there of.

screen shots show in game country list, you cant see Poland in the list its off screen. a shot of the aircraft folder contents and a shot of the country.xml file. if somebody could confirm that they are not, or that they are seeing the same content, I'll be able to work out where I got to.

thanks, regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bob new aircraft list.jpg   bob updated.jpg   bob country list.JPG  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

I have Britain Germany USA!, BRN, CAI, POL

I don't have BoB2_Bf109E-1_2, BoB2_Bf109E-4_51

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Hi, Capt. Winters,
    I hadn't updated my CFS3 BoB, but I have the update so I ran it
    to an empty folder and can confirm that I have what Mr. Mongoose
    has, same a/c missing.
    <Base>
    <!--NEK BoB Edition-->
    <Defaults CountryID="USA" PilotModel="Walker"/>
    <Alliances>
    <Alliance ID="Allies" Name="Allies">
    <Country ID="Britain"/>
    <Country ID="USA"/>
    <Country ID="Britain_FAA"/>
    <Country ID="Poland"/>
    </Alliance>
    <Alliance ID="Axis" Name="Axis">
    <Country ID="Germany"/>
    <Country ID="CAI"/>
    </Alliance>
    </Alliances>
    <Countries>

Hi All,

I have just downloaded the two files aplha and update 1 and installed into windows 10. I did a comparioson check to my development installiation and found 2 things that stood out.

1. The game.xml file in the main folder was referencing the wrong nek file for single missions and campign missions.
    2. The nek file in the campaigns folder is not the right one, its got the ETO version in there rather than the BoB specific version.

I switched in the BoB version of the nek system into the campaign folder and changed the game.xml file over in the main folder. I have had BoB running fine, I have not been able to get it to crash. But be very mindful when you run your first QC it will be set to dogfight but for whatever reason there is no enemy aircraft selected. if you were to hit fly before selecting an enemy aircraft the game will CTD.

phrog_phixer I have attached the two files I have talked about above, could you please place them into your install and see if this fixes your CTD issue.

If this does fix your issue then Clive will be able to get an updated patch together and we can include the extra aircraft I have that it seems I never sent through as well. fingers crossed this sorts it.

regards Rob.

PS I should point out that this error is most likely my fault, it would appear I have not sent all of the updated files associated with managing countries in game to Clive from my latest working set, which would also explain the missing extra German aircraft from the update patch. we lost our FTP server a whiles back and that threw a spanner in the works for keeping track of which files were which.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice work Cap'
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

So I'm flying the Spit mk Ia and the wings seem to be missing. They show up if I look to the right or the left.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails missing wings.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKerr View Post
    So I'm flying the Spit mk Ia and the wings seem to be missing. They show up if I look to the right or the left.
    Eh? That's where I'd expect the wings to be! Seriously, the default cockpit view forward you're showing isn't wide enough to show the wings: to use a photography analogy, you'd need an ultrawide or fisheye lens to see them.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

In his picture you can see the guns sticking out of invisible wings.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeKerr View Post

Hi JoeKerr,

Does it happen on all of the MkI Spitfire's? I have just checked and I'm seeing the wings as they should be on all of the Spitfire's in game MkIA's and B. have you set any sort of custom viewui numbers or changed anything in the aircraft xdp file relating to pilot views or is it still all stock to BoB?

Major, I cant see the guns in his picture? if they are there then its the MkIB model that is giving trouble.

regards Rob.

Edit are you running any other additional aircraft in your install, I just noticed that you have a older version of the VC model, it may be that the VC model ref point is set too high for the aircraft model its in which would mean your forward view would not be able to see the wings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot03-04-19-10-20-04.jpg  

They appears as little grey cylinders grouped as a pair of two and a single one on each side of the aircraft.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi JoeKerr,

Does it happen on all of the MkI Spitfire's? I have just checked and I'm seeing the wings as they should be on all of the Spitfire's in game MkIA's and B. have you set any sort of custom viewui numbers or changed anything in the aircraft xdp file relating to pilot views or is it still all stock to BoB?

Major, I cant see the guns in his picture? if they are there then its the MkIB model that is giving trouble.

regards Rob.

Edit are you running any other additional aircraft in your install, I just noticed that you have a older version of the VC model, it may be that the VC model ref point is set too high for the aircraft model its in which would mean your forward view would not be able to see the wings.
    Just the Mk1a

Here's the Mk1

Mk1a the wings are transparent

and the Mk1b(the default viewpoint is a lot closer, on this one for some reason)

The only things I've changed in BoB, is different tracer colors and tracking brackets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mk1.jpg   mk1a.jpg   mk1b.jpg  

Hi JoeKerr,

I managed to repeat the error your seeing by going back a version of the aircraft, I think I have found the issue, in the texture folder there is a mismatched .mos file.

go into this folder location:

Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator BoB\aircraft\BoB_Spit_MkIa\texture

and delete the existing BoB_Spit_MkIa.mos file and put the attached one into the folder, this should do the trick.

In the game aircraft list this is the 19 squadron plane flown by Unwin. is it only this one plane that was giving you grief?

regards Rob.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi JoeKerr,

I managed to repeat the error your seeing by going back a version of the aircraft, I think I have found the issue, in the texture folder there is a mismatched .mos file.

go into this folder location:

Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator BoB\aircraft\BoB_Spit_MkIa\texture

and delete the existing BoB_Spit_MkIa.mos file and put the attached one into the folder, this should do the trick.

In the game aircraft list this is the 19 squadron plane flown by Unwin. is it only this one plane that was giving you grief?

regards Rob.
    That did the trick! Thanks!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Never even noticed the problem till now and that fixed it for me too ! Thank you for the help. Regards,Scott

Any idea why the BF 109 E-4s use only MGs? I thought the E-4 had 20mm? Is there any way to change that?

Hi JoeKerr,

I just checked and all the E4's have both cannon and MG's, are you familiar with opening xdp files? if so go to the aircraft folder of the plane your flying and open the xdp file (note pad) and you should see something like this at the top of the file.

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_guns" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Left Cowl MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="1000" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_guns" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Right Cowl MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="1000" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="20mmMGFF_gun" Name="Left Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="60" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="20mmMGFF_gun" Name="Right Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="60" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>

you can see towards the end of the line theres a type heading which is referencing both cannon and MG's in the file.

If you see this in the xdp file.

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_guns" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Left Cowl MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="1000" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_guns" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Right Cowl MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="1000" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Left Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="420" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Right Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="420" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>

then you are flying an E1.

could you let me know the name of the plane you are flying, the name from the aircraft list in game.

regards Rob.

Hi JoeKerr,

I just checked and all the E4's have both cannon and MG's, are you familiar with opening xdp files? if so go to the aircraft folder of the plane your flying and open the xdp file (note pad) and you should see something like this at the top of the file.

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="20mmMGFF_gun" Name="Left Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="60" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="20mmMGFF_gun" Name="Right Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="60" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>

you can see towards the end of the line theres a type heading which is referencing both cannon and MG's in the file.

If you see this in the xdp file.

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Left Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="420" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_cannon" Tracer="20" Trainable="0" Trigger="1" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Right Wing MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch="0.0" MaxAmmo="420" UseSmallFlash="1"></GunStation>

then you are flying an E1.

could you let me know the name of the plane you are flying, the name from the aircraft list in game.

regards Rob.
    Okay so I've done some monkeying around and I've gotten cannons on the E-4s. But here's what they used to say.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Bf 109E-4 JG2 - BoB_BF109E-02

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="cannon" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Wing Cannons" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="600"/>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="machine_guns" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Cowl MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="2000" UseSmallFlash="1"/>

(the gun sight isn't showing up properly either)

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Bf109E II./JG 77 - BoB_Bf109E-77

(The descriptions says it's an E-4, though it's clearly an E-1, besides that, everything else is correct)

---------------------------------------------------
    Bf109E-1 9./JG 26 - BoB_Bf109E-26

(This one seems to be correct)

---------------------------------------------
    Bf109E-4 JG 26 - BoB_Bf109E-04

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="cannon" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Wing Cannons" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="600"/>
    <GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="machine_guns" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="792mmmg81_gun" Name="Cowl MG" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="2000" UseSmallFlash="1"/>

(this one is like the first 109, except the gunsight works[though it's not off center, oh well])

Thanks for all your help. This fourm has been amazing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails missinggunsight.jpg   gunsight.jpg  

I'm not sure I'm looking at the same aircraft models, but try one of these for the reticle effect.

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="GR_OKL_Revic12d-_gunsight" PosX="0.045" PosZ="-0.15" PosY="0.6825" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

or

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="GR_OKL_Revi16D_gunsight" PosX="0.0325" PosZ="0.0" PosY="0.5625" Pitch="90" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hi JoeKerr,

I see the problem your running an early non updated install which is still using the old AH me109 models. these models have been replaced with a much more refined model. And the VC models have been corrected to reflect actual aircraft types, and description files sorted to reflect correct aircraft type etc.

It seems the current update file available is not fully set up and is causing issues for players when installed, I've been working through files and getting things ready to work towards an updated patch that brings everything up to date. not sure of time frame yet though for releasing it, but not to far into the future.

regards Rob.

Hi JoeKerr,

I see the problem your running an early non updated install which is still using the old AH me109 models. these models have been replaced with a much more refined model. And the VC models have been corrected to reflect actual aircraft types, and description files sorted to reflect correct aircraft type etc.

It seems the current update file available is not fully set up and is causing issues for players when installed, I've been working through files and getting things ready to work towards an updated patch that brings everything up to date. not sure of time frame yet though for releasing it, but not to far into the future.

regards Rob.
    Ah, okay. Well, so far I've just been stealing planes from my ETO install so I'll make do! I eagerly await the next update!

Members who have read this thread: 1