Aeroplan Heaven P-47D-25-RE 'Rae'.zip

Thread: Aeroplan Heaven P-47D-25-RE 'Rae'.zip

Aeroplan Heaven P-47D-25-RE 'Rae'.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint of the Aeroplane Heaven Republic P-47D-25-RE to represent 42-26465, 'Rae' of the 506th Fighter Squadron, 404th Fighter Group, 9th AAF, flown by Major Hal Shook. Based at Bretigny in Northern France during late 1944, it was shot down by flak at Mechelen, between Brussels and Antwerp, Belgium December 26, 1944, pilot killed.

The file contains two separate texture sets, one for P3D and one for FSX. This is because I've created unique specular files for P3D and FSX.

There are also slightly modified bump map, load-out texture and prop files; you can use or discard these as you wish.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Aeroplan Heaven P-47D-25-RE 'Rae'.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hey Dave,
    Thanks for making a very nice repaint for the AH P-47D. I especially love the "burn marks" around the engine cowling!.....very nice effect. I thought I had seen more repaints for this beautiful bird elsewhere on the net, but I was unable to find any aside from the extra couple that AH did. I just added this bird to my hangar last night and I love it. Fly's like a dream and like a big P-47D should.
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    An idea for one or more repaints would be to do some of the birds from "Fighter Squadron," made in 1948, I think, nothing but bubble-top P-47Ds. Edmond O'Brien and Robert Stack were the leads in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    An idea for one or more repaints would be to do some of the birds from "Fighter Squadron," made in 1948, I think, nothing but bubble-top P-47Ds. Edmond O'Brien and Robert Stack were the leads in this film.
    I concur sir.....
    OS Vista 64 Home Basic
    WD 1.5 TB HD
    EVGA 550Ti 2GB MEM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS 8GB RAM
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHZ
    XION High Performance 1000W PS
    FSX/Acceleration

Members who have read this thread: 1