DC Designs Northrop P-61C Black Widow RELEASED
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs Northrop P-61C Black Widow RELEASED

DC Designs Northrop P-61C Black Widow RELEASED

Hi folks,

The P-61C has now been uploaded here in the FSX Military Props category! Enjoy the airplane, hope it lives up to expectations!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

I don't see it...... I might have to wait a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    I don't see it...... I might have to wait a little bit
    The admins have to clear it first, shouldn't take too long hopefully.

ETA: just got confirmation that it should now be live for download!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

It's there - downloading now!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Congratulations on release Dean.
    Downloading now...

Thank you so much Dean ! Looking forward to logging some Black Widow time tonight. Mike

There it is! Thank you so much for this!

Odd! As it sits (or tries to sit) on the runway, it's bouncing around and the props are trying to spin with stop and go engine sounds and my Sim starts in a cold and dark scenario. Lets see if others have any problems like this! The Recorder was perfect in every sense.

Other than that....Nice looking aircraft!

I will try another test with more fuel in each tank. I had very little fuel on board for the first test.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Odd! As it sits (or tries to sit) on the runway, it's bouncing around and the props are trying to spin with stop and go engine sounds and my Sim starts in a cold and dark scenario. Lets see if others have any problems like this! The Recorder was perfect in every sense.

I will try another test with more fuel in each tank. I had very little fuel on board for the first test.
    Wow, sounds very odd! Not happening for me or the testers - let us know how it goes!

Blog Entries

thats a contaact point issue..
    are yyou using p3d or fsx?? I need to know so i can troubleshoot it properly..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    thats a contaact point issue..
    are you using p3d or fsx?? I need to know so i can troubleshoot it properly..

FSX no Acceleration. I did try the contact points from the Recorder with no success. I can get the engines running but really weird going down the runway and no takeoff other than being buried tail first into the ground.

Thanks for checking this out for me, Pam!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Blog Entries
    FSX no Acceleration. I did try the contact points from the Recorder with no success. I can get the engines running but really weird going down the runway and no takeoff other than being buried tail first into the ground.

Thanks for checking this out for me, Pam!
    glad to do it..
    Just did a quick and dirty out of san jose in fsx: se and saw no ill effects.SO, that tells me theres something deeper happening. its still a contact point issue and it appears from your description you have a CG issue as well, which you would have with the reporters fde. Truth told, the two planes only look alike. So, lets get some basic data first so i can build up a test here..
    I'd like to ask:

What airport are you using?
    Does it happen on other airports?
    are you using third party landclass or scenery??

For the moment, switch back to the fde provided in the download ( both air file and config ), and we'll find a way to duplicate the problem on my end.. OK??
    Get you up and running as quickly and painlessly as possible..

aOH, and would you copy and paste the entirety of your [contacts] section of the aircraft.cfg file here for me please?? might need [weights and balance] as well.
    Thanks..
    Pam

Quick and dirty - seems great in FSX-SE / Windows 10. Thanks!

glad to do it..
    Just did a quick and dirty out of san jose in fsx: se and saw no ill effects.SO, that tells me theres something deeper happening. its still a contact point issue and it appears from your description you have a CG issue as well, which you would have with the reporters fde. Truth told, the two planes only look alike. So, lets get some basic data first so i can build up a test here..
    I'd like to ask:

What airport are you using?
    Does it happen on other airports?
    are you using third party landclass or scenery??

For the moment, switch back to the fde provided in the download ( both air file and config ), and we'll find a way to duplicate the problem on my end.. OK??
    Get you up and running as quickly and painlessly as possible..

aOH, and would you copy and paste the entirety of your [contacts] section of the aircraft.cfg file here for me please?? might need [weights and balance] as well.
    Thanks..
    Pam
    https://youtu.be/q5bWD1F9-7A I did a quick YouWHoo video of what it does.

[contact_points] //NWS
    //0 Class <0=none,1=wheel, 2=scrape, 3=float>
    //1 Longitudinal Position (feet)
    //2 Lateral Position (feet)
    //3 Vertical Position (feet)
    //4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)
    //5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)
    //6 Wheel Radius (feet)
    //7 Steer Angle (degrees)
    //8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)
    //9 Max/Static Compression Ratio
    //10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)
    //11 Extension Time (seconds)
    //12 Retraction Time (seconds)
    //13 Sound Type
    //14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS)
    //15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)

static_pitch = 1.35
    static_cg_height = 7.83
    tailwheel_lock = 0
    gear_system_type = 1
    max_number_of_points = 12
    // #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 # #

point.0 = 1, -7.261, 0.000, -7.450, 2000, 0, 2.75, 45.000, 0.148, 1.863, 12.980, 6.000, 2.500, 0, 175.0, 190.0
    point.1 = 1, -22.197, -8.750, -7.58300, 2000, 1, 3.90, 0.000, 0.128, 2.670, 0.800, 7.000, 7.000, 2, 175.0, 190.0
    point.2 = 1, -22.197, 8.750, -7.58300, 2000, 2, 3.90, 0.000, 0.128, 2.670, 0.800, 9.000, 10.000, 3, 175.0, 190.0
    point.3 = 2, -20.631,-33.000, 3.000, 0, 0, 0.00, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 0
    point.4 = 2, -20.631, 33.000, 3.000, 0, 0, 0.00, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 0
    point.5 = 4, -38.631, 0.000, 5.000, 0, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 9
    point.6 = 4, -10.631, 0.000, 0.000, 0, 0, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 0.000, 4
    point.7 = 4, -48.631, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9, 0, 9
    point.8 = 4, -7.631, 0, -3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 4
    point.9 = 4, -25, 0, -3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4
    point.10 = 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 4

Airport is L08 Borrego Valley airport in California. I'll try another airport. I only changed contact points, no FDE.

Blog Entries
    i'm glad you made that video. Thank you!.. That doesnt appear the way i imagined it would. Theres something beyond just the contact points happening there..
    May I ask, whos 3rd party photoreal scenery are you using?? and, would you please load in a different aircraft to that same airport to see if you get the same result. I'm sure you wont but at least we can eliminate that possibility

ok, I'm gonna put this out there. I see a lot of very knowlegeable and wonderful people in the room. I'm asking you to watch skippys short vid and tell me if you have ever seen anything like that before..
    Engines arent connected with contact points and yet there they sit, spinning like a happy top.. It's almost like something else is sending commands to the aircraft. FSUIPC??? I use it too. Sim connect??? Did Sim connect run on XP?? Tac-Pak?? I know Dean set it up to use it. FS9?? yeah, i know, thats a stretch, but FS9 had a habit of moving things like airports. We used the same model for interior and exterior so its concievable that a second model is being superimposed over the first and offset by some marginal amount.. I just dont know and i would appreciate opinions..
    Thanks

i'm glad you made that video. Thank you!.. That doesnt appear the way i imagined it would. Theres something beyond just the contact points happening there..
    May I ask, whos 3rd party photoreal scenery are you using?? and, would you please load in a different aircraft to that same airport to see if you get the same result. I'm sure you wont but at least we can eliminate that possibility
    Once again, thanks for the help on this! It does it at all airports that I've tried.....all default, no addons. Borrego Valley is my test airport for all aircraft that I fly. I usually do a circuit around the area and then land back on the same runway. All other aircraft are fine there. I think it's part of Bluesky photoreal.

Blog Entries
    Once again, thanks for the help on this! It does it at all airports that I've tried.....all default, no addons. Borrego Valley is my test airport for all aircraft that I fly. I usually do a circuit around the area and then land back on the same runway. All other aircraft are fine there. I think it's part of Bluesky photoreal.
    aThanks Zippy.. it seems we have a mystery. As I said above, this doesnt look like it's just contact points; at least not with those spinning engines.
    Now, I know its no help, but i have two versions of the plane on my computer. There's the dev version in p3dv4 which i built the fde on, and theres the release version in FSX. I'm running FSFX and in P3D i also run UT-Live. and Envtex and envdir in both, and i/'m not seeing anything at all, but there is something unique about this aircraft, that your flight sim doesnt like, and i want to know what it is just as much as you do.. bear with me and thanks for your patience and cooperation. Its greatly appreciated..

what happens if you turn off Bluesky for a quick test???

Blog Entries
    Decisions decisions..
    MrZippy?? I'm going to do something here i dont normally do, but i need a base line..
    I have a model thats 5 years old. It's still a WIP but it's being completely revamped by the artist, and is therefore out of date. I want you to download this model and fly it, and tell me what happens.. Its identical FDE wise to the current P-61C except about 70 mph slower and with some changes due too difference in scaling.. Please do not share it.. URL is in the PM i'll send in a moment..
    Pam

show, magnificent, I have no words

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Decisions decisions..
    MrZippy?? I'm going to do something here i dont normally do, but i need a base line..
    I have a model thats 5 years old. It's still a WIP but it's being completely revamped by the artist, and is therefore out of date. I want you to download this model and fly it, and tell me what happens.. Its identical FDE wise to the current P-61C except about 70 mph slower and with some changes due too difference in scaling.. Please do not share it.. URL is in the PM i'll send in a moment..
    Pam
    Thanks, Pam.....Done and did and sent the results in a PM. Test flight is a success!

Also tried Milton's A20G and Manfred's B50 at L08 and they were perfect and no prop oscillations.

Thanks Dean, I should get a chance to fly it this week. I have work to finish for a P-47 Decal Sheet, first.
    Last edited by Sundog; August 7th, 2018 at 20:04.

Just flew a short hop and she flies like a charm! Just a couple niggles about switches

The landing lights can be extended but I can't turn them on, no switch and no taxi light, most switches on the left hand panel appear to be inverted (battery, avionics, engine start switches are on energize when they aren't going and switch to "off" to start, same with fuel pumps)

Otherwise, shes a gem!
    Pam, I see what you mean about the wonky takeoff settings, you can feel the weight of those props in the throttle. You should be proud of your FDE work, it feels great!
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Pam.....Done and did and sent the results in a PM. Test flight is a success!

Also tried Milton's A20G and Manfred's B50 at L08 and they were perfect and no prop oscillations.
    Awesome..
    OK, so what this means, since the FDE for the zP-61C is a modification of the one i had you download, is that my next step is to put the two side by side and figure out which difference is causing the issue.. This may talke a couple days.. Bear with me ..

Forward hatch..?

I see Shift>E opens the RO hatch.
    Is there a forward hatch between pilot & gunner..?

Members who have read this thread: 2