Coming soon...

Thread: Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Steve's conversion of the BSK Martin GM167F/Maryland.

Some of these will be direct replacements for the existing MAW aircraft - same model names and sim names - so existing missions and spawns will function with the new aircraft, while others are completely new schemes which have not been covered before.

Users include France, both Free and Vichy, RAF and SAAF. As SAAF was the major user of the Maryland, with a complete operational wing, you can expect a heavy SAAF presence! Colour schemes have been checked where possible against period documents, photographs and reminiscences.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

And I'm sure I've forgotten a couple. There are Battle of France and UK-based ones as well, of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Loking forward to this one, thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2020

A Huge Improvement

A huge improvement! Bravo, Nigel!

Hey Nigel,

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Colour schemes have been checked where possible against period documents, photographs and reminiscences.
    Could you provide a list of the references you used for the SAAF textures please?

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Wow, awesome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratobat View Post
    Hey Nigel,

Could you provide a list of the references you used for the SAAF textures please?

Regards,
    Stratobat
    Mixture of Google, odd pictures from books I own - notably SA Colours and Markings Vol.1 No.3 by Piet Van Schlkwyk and William Marshall, which has an article on SAAF Marylands - and SAAF special interest groups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Hey Nigel,

Thank you for the reply.

I've seen some of the SA Colours and Markings books at the local hobby shop but I have not purchased any as of yet.

Regards,
    Stratobat
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Wow, these are gorgeous... your "coming soon" posts never disappoint.

Blog Entries
    Nice collection! You've been a busy boy Nigel!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Fantastic

Manny
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Uploading as we speak... 24 aircraft in all.

Hope you enjoy them!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

I love the finish on that one! Looking forward to it!

Downloading now, thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Really nice group of planes Nigel, thanks!

I'm curious, the W40 variant in it's delivery scheme - would it have been given a camo paint job before going operational, or was the rush so great it went straight into combat like that?

SOH-CM-2020
    Got it! Thanks very much, Nigel and the team. Can't wait to steal some time to install into various packages.

Very nice thank you
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Really nice group of planes Nigel, thanks!

I'm curious, the W40 variant in it's delivery scheme - would it have been given a camo paint job before going operational, or was the rush so great it went straight into combat like that?
    As far as anybody knows, there were never used operationally like that. To be honest, you wonder why the manufacturers took such trouble to make them look pretty... On arrival, they were painted up in typical French camouflage. A further point is that some of the ex-French order were already completed before the fall of France but were delivered to the British instead. These were painted Olive Drab and Sky Grey, with French markings. If you look carefully, a couple of the SAAF aircraft (Y and R) have had their rudders painted over with RAF Dark Green, which is a dead give-away. By this point however, they have received upgraded engines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Very Interesting, beautiful....heaps of work in there!

Nice work putting everything together Nigel

Members who have read this thread: 0