Horten IX / Gotha 229

Thread: Horten IX / Gotha 229

Horten IX / Gotha 229

just curious guys, does exists some another (better) model of the legendary Horten IX / Gotha 229 for CFS3, except the default one and the one from FirePower pack?

the CFS3 default german flying wing is pretty sweet external model, but the VC is the most of whorsts I ever saw relating to commercial (game) stuff.

and If I good remember the Firepower version shares same awful cockpit mesh.

well, maybe some better VC texture paint would help to sit inside, at least.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    You are correct. These are the only ones available. I still remember the Go-229 from SWOTL-(Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe) way back. Talk about primitive!! That was the first i had heard of this aircraft and thought it was totally made up.

aaaah, SWOTL, cant forget the feeling when Ive bought my first PC soundcard, just because of this game. oh man, flying B-17 when flaks, huh!

the painted 2d cpits stil are great solution, see gauchos work for FS
    any good 2d cpit is better then a bad 3d virtual cpit, but CFS3 doesnt support this... however I would know how to achieve it easy

SWOTL Gotha 2d cpit was great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails secret-weapons-of-the-luftwaffe_7.gif  

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Brings back fond memories !! Many hours spent on that plus Jane's.Then when CFS1 came out i never looked back !

yeah

well, I dont say I will bother with it, still there is a few solutions, how to get something Gotha related into CFS3:

#1: to build a pseudo virtual cockpit for the default model. I know exactly how
    #2: to build from scratch a new full virtual cockpit for the default model.
    #3: to convert some free downloadable 3d model and... well, you know

found a decent max/3ds source now, btw:
    http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fs2004-for...del-28725.html

also hellijah, which his Arado 234 source is under rework / adaptation into CFS3 currently, did one for FlightGear and is available for free usage including sources.

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    the painted 2d cpits stil are great solution, see gauchos work for FS
    any good 2d cpit is better then a bad 3d virtual cpit, but CFS3 doesnt support this... however I would know how to achieve it easy
    You mean you do know how to do 2d cpits for CFS3?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I'll chime in as probably the youngest member here to have played SWOTL as my main flight "sim". Yes my hardware was a bit antique in the early 2000s! In many ways it was superior to even CFS and CFS2, only CFS3 having a feeling of a living, working war theatre to rival it.

The big problem with the aircraft is the flight model. Even the AvHistory 4.00 series is a total mess with just about no yaw control and flying straight just doesn't happen as it wants to sideslip until the end of the days. There's something wrong somewhere as I'm sure such an uncontrollable creation could never have been even planned to go into production but I haven't been able to find a cure for it. The search continues.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    You mean you do know how to do 2d cpits for CFS3?
    Sure with gMax and able to product 3d effects with Ankor Shaders

EDIT: this is how I meant it:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...panels-in-CFS3
    Last edited by BorekS; August 7th, 2018 at 11:29.

Members who have read this thread: 0