Daniel Ricciardo leaves Red Bull Racing

Thread: Daniel Ricciardo leaves Red Bull Racing

Angry Daniel Ricciardo leaves Red Bull Racing

Aston Martin Red Bull Racing has announced their Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo leaves at the end of the current season.
    Ricciardo has confirmed to have signed with Renault F1, completing their 2019 line-up alongside German Nico Hülkenberg. Daniel has signed a two year deal at Renault F1. According to the Australian, this was one of the toughest decisions he had to make.
    "It was probably one of the most difficult decisions to take in my career so far. But I thought that it was time for me to take on a fresh and new challenge. I realise that there is a lot ahead in order to allow Renault to reach their target of competing at the highest level but I have been impressed by their progression in only two years, and I know that each time Renault has been in the sport they eventually won. I hope to be able to help them in this journey and contribute on and off track."

Did not see that coming (well, not Renault) but it's another RBR management cockup!
    And where will Sainz end up?
    Gasly (Just way too inexperienced!) out of STR and into RBR? Not clever at all, I doubt Sainz would be pleased to return to STR!
    Then again, Danni brings a considerable amount of insider RBR knowledge with him and unless Honda can really reach their true potential next year RBR might find themselves back in the mid field.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Carlos Sainz might end up at McLaren, because Alonso would like to have him there. Lando Norris might go to STR, if McLaren lets him go. (Or include him as a trade in the whole Sainz/James Key deal..)
    Then again, things could change if Force india doesn't find a new owner, and Perez and Ocon become available…
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Despite all RBR's bashing about Renault, Ricciardo might have realize that Honda is still by far the worst F1 engine. Beside this, Renault is getting better. Red Bull built a great chassis but failed to properly integrate Renault engine into it in terms of cooling, hence their problems.

Icon2

It will either be a brilliant move like Lewis to Mercedes or a very rough one like Alonso to McLaren....

Flight sim site or race site?

Hallo friends,

I' m just wondering if here it is a flight simming site or a news, especially race news site also?
    Nothing against if race fans share interesting news or opinions concerning the world of races.
    But I' m a bit astonished to see those topics here.
    I thought that our main topic is the world of flying.
    But perhaps I'm wrong in my way to see the things.
    Perhaps some one would help me to adjust my views
    Happy Landings
    Yours
    Papi

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo friends,

I' m just wondering if here it is a flight simming site or a news, especially race news site also?
    Nothing against if race fans share interesting news or opinions concerning the world of races.
    Happy Landings
    Yours
    Papi
    F1 drivers are also known as "pilots"...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo friends,

Happy Landings
    Yours
    Papi
    Hello.

This section of SOH's forum is called 'Racer's Paddock'. Here is the short description of it you can read on SOH's forum index : "Wings & Wheels on the move.. Pylons, NASCAR or Motocross!"

So, to answer your question: YES, INDEED, this particular place is the right place to discuss about motorsports.

SOH-CM-2021
    Fighter pilots are also known as jockeys. Free to discuss horse racing?

I like horses!
    I have to, my lovely wife owns two of them.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    It will either be a brilliant move like Lewis to Mercedes or a very rough one like Alonso to McLaren....
    I am sure there are great amounts of €€€ involved in this deal. Money is the oil that makes F1 run. If you have lots of it you run mid pack. If you have an obscene amount, you can win. Look how much Lewis got in his contract. Everyone who buys a Mercedes today probably contributes $5 of the price paid to Lewis.

anyway, I wish Ricardo well as he is a pretty fair driver and I enjoy watching him race.

Hey All,

No great mystery as to Ric leaving...

What would you do when every time you look in the mirror Mark Webber is looking back at you chanting we're number 2 we're number2.

Engines - From RBRs perspective RBR has seen the lack luster effort Renault is putting into their engines but their engines are still a bit better than honda. So as Ric and RBR do you accept a second rate engine with slow improvement or go to a currently third rate engine with real potential over how long as the honda? Ric says second rate for me - RBR says 3rd rate for us.

And who likely gets paid more now Max or Ric?

Who gets the RBR ride now? I suspect Gasly who has Honda experience.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Members who have read this thread: 0