A Photo Of Primior Russian AirField Primorsky Krai 1942

Thread: A Photo Of Primior Russian AirField Primorsky Krai 1942

A Photo Of Primior Russian AirField Primorsky Krai 1942

On The afternoon of Saturday April 18 1942, Captain Ski York banked over Primior Russian
    Navy airfield and lined up B-25B 40-2242 on the runway. York told his co-pilot Lt Robert
    Emmons he use the length of the runway and then turn the B-25 around and set full
    flaps and engines at half power in case the solders running toward the B-25 were Japanese
    and not Russians then they would take off takeoff straight ahead. But the solders running
    to meet them were Russians. In my search for this airfield after a long time I found it by
    accident. Primior field was re-named to Vozdvizhenka Air Force Base it was the only base
    in the Far East that was manned with TU-22M Bombers the base closed in 1994 but I was
    able to copy pictures of it, trying to find a picture of Primior Russian AirField as it looked
    1942 has become very difficult. I am writing to Vladkvostok Museun maybe they can
    come up with a 1942 picture of the airfield. Meanwhile I continue my search for the
    picture, if anyone can help by searching the net I would thank you all as that is what
    I am doing.

Thank You

Casey

It's 1942 and the Eastern Soviet Union, so think a big grass field with some improvised out buildings.

Here is a link to a picture of Captain York's 40-2242 seen at Primorsky Kraj shortly after its arrival:

https://static.thisdayinaviation.com..._doolittle.jpg

Lightbulb

Hi,

The owner of this website (static.thisdayinaviation.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/tdia/2015/04/53449d1398282687-b-25_doolittle.jpg).

Thank You Both For Your Help,

This could be the picture I am looking for, lots of grass, wooden buildings and hangars, I
    am sorry but as the gentleman the site dose not allow hotlinking, my goal to get this
    1942 picture id to build FS9 scenery of Primori Navy AirField as it looked in 1942.

Thank You Both

Hmmmm... it worked earlier on.

Oh well - the same picture (as well as an additional one also taken at Primorsky Kraj) can also be found at the 'Pacific Wrecks' site.

https://www.pacificwrecks.com/airfie...rai/index.html

Members who have read this thread: 0