Gauge conversion

Thread: Gauge conversion

Gauge conversion

I'm trying to port over the Aerosoft SH-60 from FSX to P3Dv4. The helicopter looks and flys great , only problem is an empty panel. Any one have any advice on how to convert the gau to xml or cab to get the MFDs and gauges showing up ?
    Thanks in advance . Scott

My only suggestion would be to forget the gau to XML/cab conversion and just look for comparable gauges to replace them with. I may be wrong but I don't believe what you want to do is possible, only because there are many aircraft that fall into that same category and no one has even brought that concept up as a possibility. . .and I would imagine, with as many savvy folks as we have here. . .if it was possible someone would have done it a long time ago.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

For the most part .gau files are binary programs and have a totally different structure than the xml gauges. Best thing you could do is find a way recompile them for 64 bit and without the original source I don't know if thats possible.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I haven't looked at the cockpit lately so don't recall if they are compatible, but you might try swapping some gauges from the Virtavia SH-60 that is included in P3D.
    The gauges were xml if I recall (we almost always used xml gauges at Alphasim/Virtavia) so they should definitely work if appropriate for the version.

Thanks guys , think we'll just repaint the Cera and Virtavia birds!

Good to know about the models at least will work, I figured the glass panel was a no-go in v4.2, but surprised with the MH-60R/S (and UH-60M) included without crew. Those MFD displays should be workable in the Aerosoft pit, as basic as they are.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0