Fatal error

Thread: Fatal error

Fatal error

Hear About this..And now it hit me...At first Got connected in 1 out of thee trys..now seems to continue its message...Will have to go to my "GEEK"For Help Question to all is there a way to fix this?? thnx for Any info or help

Do you mean it's not launching, and giving an error message when it fails?
    If that's what you mean, try going to your FSX.CFG file. In WIN7 Pro it's located in C:\Users\<Your USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX .
    Make a back up copy of it before you do anything else!
    Open it with NotePad, included with Windows. ONLY ever open it with NotePad, nothing else. Never ever never never!
    Scan down through it and located the heading

[USERINTERFACE]

Under that, locate the line SITUATION= . What follows the equals sign ( = ) doesn't matter. Why? Because you need to delete what's there!
    Save the file off, and see if that fixed the problem.

Another possibility is that your Logbook.bin, in the same location, has gotten corrupted. Try renaming it, with FSX NOT running. Anything you like. Logbook_BAK.bin, Logbook.NIB, whatever. Then see if FSX will start. If it will, download a logbook repair program. There are a number of them out there. Google them and you'll find one to your liking.

If those two solutions don't solve you problem, we will need more information, like the report from the Windows Error Reporting system. Things like that.

Hope this helps!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thnx Sarge..i think I,am Beyond Help..The Steam monster wins again...A Maize of Nameless ,Robots....At my age ,87 i will not play with them...so its back to the FSX GOLD ..All i have will be a ponderously,And Time Consuming Task to Be transferred over.....Again To be in my control ...i feared this for a long time,..Their Errors,Their Stability, their Un Reliability Their meddling,...... has to be questioned? could happen to anyone So Will Transfer intact to the disks ....Again my Friend Thank you Sir!.........PS My FS9? Just fine LOL!

Is it that it reports it cannot start as Steam thinks it is still running? Quite a common problem if it was crashed out of. If so read this

https://steamcommunity.com/app/31416...5961935528648/
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thnx Naismith..all well taken...My Problem was the "FATAL ERROR" note..Was here In trying to find out what it meant/ My Pass word was Lost with it...Been in touch With Steam.without any success..Now a Simple Password Request or Change Has blocked me out of any Dialogue Or answers....No One to talk to Is A Major Problem.....It Compounds the futility...Been a simmer from the Beginning.and With steam from their beginning...In My darkest dream I Always wondered about them?? Giving Them My Well loaded and Expensive Sim??? I CHOSE POORLY...My Task now is to go GOLD GOLD DISKS....Will task me in time and effort..But HEY AT 87 GOT ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD!......As far as Steam? will Not Bad mouth them Only sharing My worst fears coming to be..The Wise Take note ! Trust no one..... . caveat emptor

HAPPY LANDINGS!

The Rest of The story..Retrieved my STEAM pass word...Back to the Problem...seems many Have This....Renumber somewhere A Trick..it was to delete the cfg.File...Took a shot..On start up it Microsoft Replaced it New cfg.file ...and It Worked!!..Back to Normal..Problem Gone ..why Or How?? Do not know..Felt good..I Hope This may work for anyone with this problem..Thnx for Alls advice...

I'd wager it was that little situation= thingy I posted earlier. Just find the line about SITUATION= and delete whatever follows the equals sign.
    I've made a lot of changes to my FSX.cfg file, and, while I have backups of it, it's just so much easier for me to fix the problem that way than going in and replacing all the changes.
    If you haven't made any changes to your FSX.cfg, obviously, deleting it and letting FSX make a new one is the quick, easy way to accomplish the same thing.

If you ever get to fine tuning FSX using things like Kosta's Tweaks, or like that, though, remember my little trick. You might want it some day

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thank you sir ....One more INSANITY for me was the new FIREFOX MOZILLA UPDATE....STAY AWAY .Accidentally Installed..my world upside down...Here a Recovery fixed it .....AGAIN HAVE FUN AND HAPPY LANDINGS!

Members who have read this thread: 0