A solution to a VR problem, finally!

Thread: A solution to a VR problem, finally!

A solution to a VR problem, finally!

I had been enjoying my Samsung Odyssey VR headset immensely, using "Flyinside". But I wanted to try it using the built in VR capability within P3D. Weird thing was, the VR option was NOT on my menu, anywhere! I have been trying for days, looking for a solution, and finally found it in a forum.

All I did was use the "Repair" option of running the P3D Client again. That put the Virtual Reality option on the menu bar! After all that, I experienced lower frame rates with that option, vs using Flyinside, but at least I was able to compare the two! NC

In P3Dv4.3, you can setup some VR rendering options. One of them, called "Single pass", has a big positive effect on the FPS. So be careful about which options you use. Might explain the FPS difference with Flyinside.

My brother is using the native P3D VR mode as well with his Lenovo helmet (Windows Mixed Reality like yours). Before the 4.3, he was using FlyInside and loved it so much. But since 4.3, FlyInside has been uninstalled.

Yesterday I could make a nice test flight over the french Alps, after I installed some nice photoscenery with autogen on it, and it was spectacular. I use that scenery since quite a while, I know it very well... but yesterday, it was like discovering a totally new place.

I too really liked FlyInside using an Oculus DK2 (Developer Kit headset), but since V4.2 I have just been using the native P3D option, I find it to be better.

I must admit the experience is so good, I am however looking forward to the next generation of headsets with higher resolution, that will be a game changer.

Cheers,

Fraser

Members who have read this thread: 0