Steam Version

Thread: Steam Version

Steam Version

Does anyone use the steam version?

No, I bought the CD version years ago. But I do run several other games via Steam. And never had an issue with them.

In my personal opinion buying via Steam has several advantages. The games are automatically updated and for instance when Cliffs of Dover Blitz was released, all who had previously bought the original game could get this updated game for free. And when you don't use a game anymore you can just remove it as it will be available for download again at Steam when you want to re-install it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Flying Circus – Volume One Early Access Now Available!

Dear ROF Pilots,
    It’s time to return to the Great War and experience WWI like never before! We are proud to announce that Early Access for Flying Circus – Volume One has begun!
    As many of you already know, we are bringing WWI content to the IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series and building our spiritual successor to Rise of Flight. We hope Flying Circus – Volume One will be the beginning of a successful series of WWI themed air combat products that will allow us to expand upon what we have already accomplished with Rise of Flight. Flying Circus will capitalize and utilize all the technical improvements made to our simulation engine including VR support, 64-bit architecture, DirectX 11 and many other optimizations and enhancements in graphics, performance, AI, terrain rendering and more.

Just turned up in today's email!
    Off to investigate further but I'm 99% certain this is a done deal for me.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

There are images available at the RoF facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/biz/v...t-66162270873/

Or at the IL2sturmovik site: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...comment-637218

It definitely looks nice, but is it really so much better than the original Rise of Flight?

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0