Imaginesim KATL?

Thread: Imaginesim KATL?

Imaginesim KATL?

Does anyone here have Imaginesim's KATL (Atlanta)? I had the old version of it and lost all those files and decided to buy the new up to date P3Dv4 compliant version today but to my dismay, on my high end system, it runs at very low FPS even with all the options on it's control panel set to their lowest object settings. Even when I dialed back P3D's settings the FPS were still noticeably low. From my research, Imaginesim supposedly recompiled everything to get better performance but for me, it is not the case. I had a similar issue with their KCLT scenery in FSX and had to remove many of the objects to get it to run smoothly. Anyone else here who uses this scenery experience such issues?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have it, and fly into ATL quite regularly without issue (P3D v4.3)... if your HW is within reason perhaps try another DL in case yours is problematic...? I'm very happy with their latest Atlanta, and as a Freight Dog, I'm there often.

HTH- C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    I have it, and fly into ATL quite regularly without issue (P3D v4.3)... if your HW is within reason perhaps try another DL in case yours is problematic...? I'm very happy with their latest Atlanta, and as a Freight Dog, I'm there often.

HTH- C
    I have a brand new system with a i7 8700k & GTX1080 8gb yet this scenery is heavy on FR. Not sure what to make of it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Problem solved (overall). I decided to test various in-sim settings, and tested V-Sync On/Off, textures between 4096 vs 2048, SSAA vs MSAA (Super-Sampling Anti-Aliasing vs Multi-Sampling Anti-Aliasing). In the end, my CPU and GPU handle the high end settings very well with everything maxed out but I was set on 8xSSAA and then set for 8xMSAA and BOOM! That did the trick! Still, this scenery has some buggy objects in it that still affect frame rates but at least now, I can use it. BTW, I get very fast FR's when I uncheck ALL in the Imaginesim Ops Center and full on, there is a 5 to 10 FPS loss/variation. I have tried to split the difference on detail vs performance on the Ops Center settings.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What screen resolution are you using? That combined with 8xSSAA can be a killer in most scenarios with add on scenery and a higher end complex plane. Are you overclocking that 8700?

Glad to hear you got it running though. We?re spending too much time on troubleshooting, life is on short for that )

Andrew Entwistle
    Germany
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Members who have read this thread: 0