RAF Brüggen - first impressions - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RAF Brüggen - first impressions

Thank you.

It's been a long time since the last shots. So after my PC system exchange, a graphics card crash directly afterwards and the necissity to reinstall all progs and addons, now some new shots will be the proof of the ongoing development.

Some final shots for now of the rain poly progress....

Puddles added to the concrete surface.s. By comparison we can see the dark dry spots where the puddles appear normally... It's a bit tricky to get varyingly wet surfaces...

That's it so far regarding the rain polys. I now have badly to understand how to get the surrounding areas reflecting correctly into the wet surfaces..
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manfred, it seems that you are using global_env_... for your reflections, too. For reflections of current objects, you should go with PBR only.

Thomas

Too tired for now, but I would like to PM you tomorrow, hopefully to get a proper solution to my continuing issue with not-shown surrounding area....Will ask Christian Bahr as well because he knows a lot about it . But now I have to go to
    Best regards, Manfred.

@ Thomas:
    I did some changes and trials and errors and different settings and had a lot of coffee and now I am running in turbo mode but it seems to finally showing the results I had been looking for:

A little tricky was to get the dry textures of the overlay poly the same as the wet puddle textures, so the very same texture...
    Oh, and I have to add, there was no issue as I assumed with the surrounding area - I only had to push the "Dynamic Reflection" controller to "high" at minimum.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manschy, that looks amazing! Nice work.

Thank you, guys.

Final SODE Runway animations - Foremost a big thank you to Stephen Legg who created the fantastic Overrun barriers. They are animated according to the wind direction. "Up" headwind side, "Down" tailwind side.

Animated windsocks and mobile tower, depending on wind direction and strength as well, the sheer windsock from the library of Jacques-Paul Bollard. At release, you have to download it seperately to get the sock in place.

Groundcrew now being placed to most frequented areas...All 3D people from the 3D-people Library of David Marshall, compiled for FSX/P3D by Wolfgang Allers...At release, you have to download the library seperately to get the people in place.

Best regards, Manfred.

Manfred,

very impressive. Your pictures bring back many good memories for me. As a little boy I often visited my grandparents who lived east of Siegen in Hessen/Germany. There was a low-flying corridor there in the seventies and eighties, which was mainly used by British jet fighters like Harrier, Jaguar, Canberra, F-4 Phantom, Lightning and later Tornados and Hawks.

They often flew together with Canadian or USAF F-4 Phantom or with German F-104 Starfighter, G-91, F-4 Phantom or Alphajets.

At that time in the cold war they flew very low, partly below the hills there.

Greetings to Wolfgang Allers! Very nice to see his name here.

Thomas

Hi Manfred
    With SODE you can have the barrier going up or down with a specific command:
    Have a look here:
    http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Sce
    Animation must be in the barrier model.
    I think it is better than the wind for your beautifull scenery.
    Regards
    Michel

Thank you guys.

Michel, thank you very much for this valuable link. But those days, the brits had the barriers simply moved by the current start direction. So in most case, aircraft start and land against the wind, so this barrier was up. I think I will leave it as it is now.
    Best regards, Manfred.

The final big area added - the firedump on approach at RWY09 using a static Canberra and some foam trucks kindly provided by John Young

Best regards, Manfred.

Hi all.
    I have to say, RAF Brüggen is still alive - it is indeed WIP, not RIP
    But due to the Covid19 history last months and the summer time without many time to use my rig, now I finally want to show the first video of the RAF Brüggen airbase.
    It is a bit frustrating to see so many people now are keen on MSFS, but I hope some users will stay with P3D temporarily.

This short video is an overview of the airbase, some more will follow shortly to show some closeups and animations....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LXW...ature=emb_logo
    Best regards, Manfred.

Deleted because of double posting...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Great video, looks like most of the work is done? I only fly military aircraft add ons from military air bases so MSFS has little to offer to me, I will stay with P3D and DCS (guess I am not the only one).

Thanks for all the work you have done already,
    Henk.

Thank you, Henk. You will be not the only one, for sure....As long as there is no military inside MSFS I will stay with P3D (and as long as MSFS is buggy that much...)
    Best regards, Manfred.

MSFS2020 is, indeed, quite beautiful. Graphic detail is amazing! But, as mentioned, there are no military aircraft or aircraft carrier ops possible in it yet, so I will be going to P3DV5 for all of that! Looking forward to your bases, Manschy! NC

Hi Manfred,
    I enjoyed your video on the RAF Bruggen Part 1, when will Part 2 be available?

The airbase looks stunning
    Last edited by gray eagle; September 9th, 2020 at 09:12.

Thanks guys. Just cutting the takes, next vid will show the details of the scenery and animations...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Absolutely breathtaking Manschy! I currently use a converted version of your FS9 RAF Bruggen in P3D V4, so i am really looking forward to this upcoming release!

Cheers,
    Randy

It really look´s fantastic

Thank you.

Okay - here comes the second video. It shows some animations and details of the base, most spots from beyond the military areas 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa-w...ature=youtu.be
    Best regards, Manfred.

Thank you.

Okay - here comes the second video. It shows some animations and details of the base, most spots from beyond the military areas 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa-w...ature=youtu.be
    Best regards, Manfred.

Wow Manfred, You really put a lot of work into this project.

This is on Orbx scale, even better.

At the end of the PT2 video you say stay tuned for Pt 3?

I'm impressed with these last two you did. This is amazing stuff.

I wonder what the total file size will be?

Good Job!

Thank you. I do expect around 800 MB in total.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Thank you. I do expect around 800 MB in total.
    Remarkable work indeed and a fairly light download given the detail and quality.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 2