RAF Brüggen - first impressions - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RAF Brüggen - first impressions

Hi Manfred
    Beautifull videos and great work.
    I am always on P3Dv5 for the same raisons (no carriers).
    Waiting your scenery.
    Best regards

Greetings, Manfred

Is your Bruggen project still progressing? I think about it, now and then, and look at your screenshots. That scenery is amazing!

Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New year for 2021!

Navy Chief

Hi all,

sorry for delay in any way!

I have to say, that end of September, when MSFS came out, I was shocked! Realizing that at a moment´s notice so many people did seem to loose interest in P3D (especially in v4), my motivation has gone for some weeks.
    Furthermore, Covid19 involved some changes regarding my job, which means I am dealing at retail.
    But both things seem to be okay meanwhile - on the one hand I will not loose my job - on the other hand, RAF Brüggen was almost ready, so why stopping this scenery? I only did just loose motivation to make some videos at moment because this is too time consuming currently...

Current progress:
    - Seasons are done
    - BETA testing ongoing

Some few screenshots will follow soon...

Merry Christmas too and stay healthy everywhere!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manschy,

So glad you are ok! Also that you have not lost your job. It is awesome that you are still working on RAF Bruggen, and that it is so close to completion. I forgot to ask; will it be compatible with P3DV5.1? Oh, I hope so! Thanks again! NC

I don't know the scenery requirements for a 4.5 version to work in 5.1 also properly. I don't own v5 and maybe someone can tell us the differences.
    But because most details are compiled for 4.5 and the scenery will not come with an installer, they should also work in 5.1 as well.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    I don't know the scenery requirements for a 4.5 version to work in 5.1 also properly. I don't own v5 and maybe someone can tell us the differences.
    But because most details are compiled for 4.5 and the scenery will not come with an installer, they should also work in 5.1 as well.
    I am sure hoping they do! The screenshots you've posted are amazingly real, Manschy!

Okay, some final shots which show impressions of seasonal and final night texturisation...

Winter and Hard Winter finally completely done...

Best regards, Manfred.

Fantastic work!!!

Thank you.

There is one final gadget I did embezzle so far:

A little animation at the detuner area where the Tornados engines were tested those days. The detuner is animated automatically within some time periods but you can enable it by SODE text commands as well.

Best regards, Manfred.

That is so awesome, Manschy! I took note of the high power restraint, just aft of the nose landing gear! NC

This just look amazing

Thank you.

Today (promised...) the final final final attachments to the scenery, but a "must do" to me: Adding a lot of mounds nearby roads or taxiways to suggest RAF Brüggen is not a flat earth area! This is what I dislike about air bases in FSX or P3D and is the icing on the cake to me at Brüggen...
    Like you can see in the first shot, you can't see the aircraft at the flightline from far away because of mounts or vegetation, like in reality....

Best regards, Manfred.

Looks very nice however, with all the trees and other vegetation, I wonder what the frame rates are in P3D V4.5?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Looks very nice however, with all the trees and other vegetation, I wonder what the frame rates are in P3D V4.5?
    This depends on your rig. For sure there are lots of objects and animations inside, but especially the trees are no problem. They are done as follows:

In the background, inside the forrest, I use big texture sheets with many trees on it - this doesn't need much preformance. In front of that, I place smaller sheets with less trees and in front of them I use single trees to suggest 3D trees and a big forrest. On the edge of these trees, I place mounts or vegetation lines which completes the illusion of thousands of trees ;-) . Here how to make it in two pics:

This is the shot from the sheets done in Gmax:

And this is the same sheet like it looks inside P3D:

So instead of many trees there are only used 6 crossed sheets for this forrest part

Meanwhile, the final scenery is running fine on my i7 9700k with locked 30 frames in most views, settings most at 75 % using FSrealWX as real weather addon and UT-Live traffic as well.
    I am testing Brüggen also on my much older rig which is a i5 2500 and I try to reach 20 frames with moderate settings, most set on 50 %.
    Both PCs with only one monitor and 2048 x 2048 texture resolution.

Furthermore, it depends on the additional features you are liking like real weather or AI traffic, ORBX addons like Germany North.

P3D settings like Dynamic Lighting or Dynamic Reflections, shadows etc can drop your performance a lot. But with moderate settings RAF Brüggen will be fun to land, approach or just move around
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    This depends on your rig. For sure there are lots of objects and animations inside, but especially the trees are no problem. They are done as follows:

In the background, inside the forrest, I use big texture sheets with many trees on it - this doesn't need much preformance. In front of that, I place smaller sheets with less trees and in front of them I use single trees to suggest 3D trees and a big forrest. On the edge of these trees, I place mounts or vegetation lines which completes the illusion of thousands of trees ;-) . Here how to make it in two pics:

This is the shot from the sheets done in Gmax:

And this is the same sheet like it looks inside P3D:

So instead of many trees there are only used 6 crossed sheets for this forrest part

Meanwhile, the final scenery is running fine on my i7 9700k @ 4.9 GHz and a RTX 2070 Super 8 GB with locked 30 frames in most views and using for example high performance aircraft like Just Flight Tornado or MILVIZ F-4E.
    Settings most at 75 %, using FSrealWX as real weather addon and UT-Live traffic as well. ORBX Germany North surrounds RAF Brüggen and this is a horrible performance killer.

I am testing Brüggen also on my much older rig which is a i5 2500 @ 3.7 GHz and a GTX 1060 6 GB and I try to reach 20 frames with moderate settings, most set on 50 % with features above.

Both PCs with only one monitor and 2048 x 2048 texture resolution.

Furthermore, it depends on the additional features you are liking like real weather or AI traffic, ORBX addons like Germany North.

P3D settings like Dynamic Lighting or Dynamic Reflections, shadows etc can drop your performance a lot. But with moderate settings RAF Brüggen will be fun to land, approach or just move around
    Best regards, Manfred.

Should you ever open a design school, I'll be the first student to sign up to learn from the master. This design is simply fantastic.
    When I see what comes out from your work, I can only take off my hat in fear.
    I am already looking forward to getting my tornado out of the hangar and doing the first traffic laps there.

greetings
    Klaus

Hi Klaus,

thank you very much, but if you take a look around for other experts designing freeware, I am a mediocrity. Let me explain....
    This doesn't mean that my work is bad, but I am no "master" in what I do. Maybe I have an unerring eye for details, but all I do is try and error or get lost in special parts of the scenery. I am a slob in designing. In most case I have no strategy how to tackle something or getting things done constructively. That's why I am already 4 years working on one scenery only!
    Believe me, no one wants to learn from a person like me ....

Therefore, I have to give back your compliment and to all other freeware designer too who are able to get their work ready within much less time and much more accurate. Your sceneries are great as well, or have a look over there in the showroom of FSDeveloper - many many guys are designing in such a quality I never can attain...

But thanks. Yours and all the guys kind words are a big motivation to finally finally finish this scenery!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Okay, keep working hard to release RAF Brüggen until end of February (yes, this year).
    But I noticed an issue regarding the seasonal textures. This is probably because some lua scripts will not be read correctly form different P3Dv4.* versions.

So my strong request please:

I AM LOOKING FOR USERS WHO USE P3Dv4.0 until P3Dv4.4 who want to test if the seasonal ground polygons work correctly!

Even if I think that most P3Dv4.* users already updated to 4.5, I would like to clarify if this lua issue only appears on my old PC rig or if it is caused by these lua files.

PLEASE GIVE ME A SHOUT HERE for the link....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Oh, I would really like to check it out for you, but alas, I made the switch to V5.1 a while ago..... NC

Thank you, NC.

Okay, to be honest I hope little or no users will post that they still use older versions than P3Dv4.5. That way I can release RAF Brüggen until end of February (this year LOL) without any additional effort or notifications inside the manual....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Manfred
    Ready for testing your scenery in P3Dv5HF1.
    Best regards
    Michel

RELEASED

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...N_P3Dv4-5_v1-0

I want to thank you all who were waiting patiently and all who supported me in the last couple of years. I hope you enjoy this freeware and will maybe show some shots of your experiences at this airbase. Have fun
    Best regards, Manfred.

The fact that I don’t have the time to try this today saddens me.☹️
    Congratulations on the release! I have followed your efforts from the beginning and I’m looking forward to enjoy this. Screenshots coming up.

Blog Entries
    Thanks you so much for this wonderful scenery Manfred, very much appreciated.

Whoo HOO!!! I am in the process of installing all the files now. THANK you Manschy!!!! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0