RAF Brüggen - first impressions - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: RAF Brüggen - first impressions

Great work on the bumps Manchy!

They may need a bit of a toning down in intensity imho, but you seem to have gotten the hang of it.

Thank you all!

@Dimus: Yes you are quite right. Especially the bright concrete looks a little too rough. Using that material, no air base will grant its premission to any aircraft.

@DL: I run the JF Tonka in P3Dv4 (reply #17) and man, it's worth each cent to my opinion - even if my rig is far away from latest performance (3.7 Ghz in turbo...)

Because the air base represents the late 80s, I would suggest any kind of Tornados indeed, when you are purposing to use Brüggen as your home base.

But I notice you are from Vancouver, Canada.
    Those days, a lot of canadian visitors had taken an active part in many NATO exercises, so I also can imagine many RCAF aircraft like Starfighter or C-130, but also F-18. Lots of alternatives you see and fun anyway....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hope next weeks I can do some more final steps (setting fences, final cars, 3-D grass, corrections to some bleeding ground polys...). Was really hard weeks in life so only few minutes left to get my hands on Brüggen last months.
    Just to keep you in line and a proof of a living project some overviews and how the whole airfield is fitting into the surrounding ORBX-area... And that a high level of details needs some time for realisation...

Best regards, Manfred.

That is looking amazing. Nice work and thanks for the previews.

Manschy,

Your work is nothing short of amazing! I can sympathize with real life problems. I hope you are able to solve whatever problems you are dealing with. NC

Thank you very much, NC.

There are no problems I can't deal with, but a change of occupation and a lot of time investment regarding this.
    I feel optimistic about a faster and more concentrating ongoing work on this project the next weeks again...
    Best regards, Manfred.

waiting patiently for this one because it looks utterly amazing.

Thank you very much.

Here some few more shots "behind the scenes" which show the amount of details...damn, Brüggen is almost a town....

Best regards, Manfred.

Looks absolutely stunning. I've recently gotten into flying in VR and flying the JF Tornado in VR is amazing so having a detailed home base like this will be fantastic. Keep up the fantastic work.

So realistic and incredibly detailed! I will probably spend a lot of time, driving around through the town. I'll need to find a good vehicle! Although I've had vehicles installed before, I don't have any currently. NC

really looking good , very good !!

Fantastic work Manfred! I can appreciate the endless hours you have spent on making this!

"Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately"

MAIW have a very acceptable Jaguar Manschy. Cannot find any RAF Germany repaints though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-11-18_19-16-4-680.jpg   2019-11-18_19-30-16-542.jpg  

Manfred wrote "Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately" before the FSX/P3D Jaguars were released. I made a couple of Laarbruch 2 Sqn paints for that release, together with an updated paintkit. Afaik there are no Bruggen Sqn paints yet.

Henk

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunshack View Post
    "Currently, there are no usable AI Jaguars unfortunately"

MAIW have a very acceptable Jaguar Manschy. Cannot find any RAF Germany repaints though.

Manschy,

How's development going? I believe I can speak for all SOH members, in that we look forward to this! Merry Christmas! NC

Thank you, NC. Some days ago, I got a new rig and have a lot of work to get all my installations and programmes back to where they belong . Unfortunately there are some issues with Gmax, most needed programme to me. Furthermore, my beloved CorelDraw seems to be much too old for Win10 now....Will see how I can get this managed....Blessedly my old PC is right beside the new one....

Merry Christmas too to all of you
    Best regards, Manfred.

Well, congratulations on your new rig, Manschy! Sorry to hear of the problems involving CorelDraw. Hopefully you will figure out a way to get things back, but thank you for the immense amount of work you have put into your RAF Bruggen project! Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Thank you, NC. Some days ago, I got a new rig and have a lot of work to get all my installations and programmes back to where they belong . Unfortunately there are some issues with Gmax, most needed programme to me. Furthermore, my beloved CorelDraw seems to be much too old for Win10 now....Will see how I can get this managed....Blessedly my old PC is right beside the new one....

Merry Christmas too to all of you

Hi everybody,

I have to apologize again that I wasn't heard from again - but after getting my new rig close to christmas and after reinstalling all software components around New Year I got a complex system breakdown including a damaged graphics card . Work of a month for nothing

So currently, I am imploringly waiting for the new card. Furthermore, it will take for sure about another 2 weeks to get all stuff back installed as before.
    So please be patient, the project is not dead!
    Best regards, Manfred.

My goodness Manschy, you are really having one bad event after another! I am confident that I speak for all of SOH members, in that we hope you can get all of your problems fixed and your system up and running again! All the best to you. NC

Hi everybody,

I have to apologize again that I wasn't heard from again - but after getting my new rig close to christmas and after reinstalling all software components around New Year I got a complex system breakdown including a damaged graphics card . Work of a month for nothing

So currently, I am imploringly waiting for the new card. Furthermore, it will take for sure about another 2 weeks to get all stuff back installed as before.
    So please be patient, the project is not dead!

I got the same issue with my long, long loved CorelDraw/Photopaint last month when changing Win10 to my new rig. Now new (low cost) Corel Draw Home&Student 2019 is my choice and is working much better than the old stuff.

Take your time with RAF Brüggen you need. All the very best to you!!

Thomas

Thank you, Thomas.

Meanwhile, there seems to be a solution to get CorelDraw X4 running on Win10 as well.
    Copying the whole content of the Corel CD to the harddrive. Copy the "setup.exe", rename it to "install.exe". Run "install.exe" and it will install! It's just a problem of the installer, not of the whole programme!!!!!!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Okay, back again....

Next step is still an experience to me - rain/water effects on the ground! Although I understand how to use the different maps and textures, it is still a hard job to know how to combine it for a good appearance. So there are some existing issues with the reflected scenery: It is still not the surrounding environment, and I got some breaking layers between the weather changes (hard cut borders...). Anyway, as a proof of the ongoing project, today some first pics of wet ground at Brüggen...

Best regards, Manfred.

So nice to see some progress, Manfred! So much bad news right now, but yours is good news! NC

Wow! Looks great!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Members who have read this thread: 2