Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI/ETO/MTO skinpacks by UncleTgt!

Thread: Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI/ETO/MTO skinpacks by UncleTgt!

Icon22 Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI/ETO/MTO skinpacks by UncleTgt!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - British

Description: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV MTO Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of MTO repaints for the Bristol Blenheim Mk IV made by Baldy for CFS 2.

The textures are: Z9601 "H" of 55 sqn RAF, Egypt circa February 1941.

V7842 "12" of Free French Air Force, Syria October 1941.

For ease of installation I have included each of Baldy's Blenheim IV models (early, chin & late) in separate named folders, & the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft calls up these named folders. You will need to select the correctly armed dp file (either ETO or MTO crew) as appropriate.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Baldy for another version of the Blenheim aircraft.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

JUL 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Blenheim Mk IV MTO skinpack UT.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Baldy Blenheim Mk IV Phoney War skinpack UT.zip

Description: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV Phoney War Skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of Early WW2 ETO repaints for the Bristol Blenheim Mk IV made by Baldy for CFS2. This texture set illustrates the evolution of identification marking schemes as the War progressed.

The textures are: N6227 XD-M of 139 Sqn RAF, circa October 1939.

N6190 OM-D of 107 Sqn RAF, circa January 1940.

L4856 TR-K of 59 Sqn RAF, lost in France during the first few days of the German Offensive in the West.

For ease of installation I have included each of Baldy's Blenheim IV models (early, chin & late) in separate named folders, & the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft calls up these named folders. You will need to select the correctly armed dp file (either ETO or MTO crew) as appropriate.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

UncleTgt,

JUL 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Blenheim Mk IV Phoney War skinpack UT.zip

Lovely work Uncle. Thank you!

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Very nice work, I hope to get back to France very soon!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Phoey War

I take it that this was the name calling stage before things got hot.

Thank you! I really appreciate the Free French skin.

Thank You for these, your work is greatly appreciated.

Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI skinpack 1 UT.zip

Description: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV CBI Skinpack 1 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of early CBI repaints for the Bristol Blenheim Mk IV made by Baldy for CFS 2. Long after the Blenheim was replaced by better aircraft in the ETO & then the MTO, it continued to soldier on in India & Burma as the standard Light Bomber in this theatre. This texture set illustrates the evolution of aircraft camouflage & markings as the War progressed from December 1941, through 1942.

The textures are: V5636 EG-D of 34 Sqn RAF, Tengah Singapore, December 1941. Squadron markings are estimated, as no records or photos from this chaotic period have survived. This aircraft may have shot down the first Jap fighter of WW2 for the RAF over Khota Baru, 08 DEC 41.

R3911 "L" of 11 Sqn RAF, Colombo Ceylon April 1942. Newly arrived from the Middle East, 11 sqn was the sole offensive response from the RAF to the Kido Butai's April raids through the Indian Ocean. The a/c letter is estimated.

Z8591 EG-G of 34 Sqn RAF, Anasol India circa June 1942. Reformed in India & equipped with fresh crews & aircraft.

T2291 MU-A of 60 Sqn RAF, Anasol India circa July 1942. A survivor of the long retreat from Burma, this aircraft still sports Dull Red codes.

V6465 AD-T of 113 Sqn RAF, Feni India circa August 1942. Another squadron transferred from the MTO.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

UncleTgt,

JUL 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI skinpack 1 UT.zip

Your work just keeps getting better and better! Thank you UncleTgt.

msfossey

Baldy Blenheim Mk IV ETO skinpack UT.zip

Description: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV ETO skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of mid-WW2 ETO repaints for the Bristol Blenheim Mk IV made by Baldy for CFS2. This texture set illustrates the evolution of aircraft camouflage schemes as the war progressed.

The textures are: V5458 RT-O of 114 sqn RAF. Used for Night Intruder work in support of the Heavy Bomber offensive, it sports Bomber Command-style black/Dk Green/Dk Earth camouflage.

V5376 "LY" of 1 PRU, RAF. Sporting an early version of PRU Blue camouflage, this aircraft was shot down near Breskens, Netherlands by bf109s of I/JG52 on 14 APR 41,

V6034 YH-D of 21 sqn RAF. This aircraft lost 16 JUN 41 off Borkum Island Northern Holland.
    https://rafwatton.info/the-tale-of-a-photograph/

V6436 YH-L of 21 sqn RAF. Now in Temperate Sea Scheme of Green & Grey, this aircraft lost 28 AUG 41 to flak close to Rotterdam: http://aircrewremembered.com/orme-frank.html

V6083 FV-B used by 13 OTU, RAF circa July 1942.

R2782 T8J of 771 sqn FAA circa June 1943. In FAA Green/Grey camoflage.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

UncleTgt,

JUL 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Blenheim Mk IV ETO skinpack UT.zip

Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI skin pack 2 UT.zip

Description: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV CBI skin pack 2 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of later CBI repaints for the Bristol Blenheim Mk IV made by Baldy for CFS2. Long after the Blenheim was replaced by better aircraft in the ETO & then the MTO, it continued to soldier on in India & Burma as the standard Light Bomber in this theatre. This texture set illustrates the evolution of aircraft camouflage & markings as the War progressed from Autumn 1942, through until the summer of 1943, when the remaining squadrons began converting to Hurricane fighter bombers.

The textures are: Z7705 "H" of 34 sqn RAF, Jessore India circa November 1942.

V6491 "F" of 113 sqn RAF, Argartala India circa November 1942.

Z7509 of 60 sqn RAF, Jessore India circa December 1942, during the transition from red cenetred roundels.

Z9664 of 11 sqn RAF, Baigachi India circa January 1943. a/c still sports Azure Blue undersides.

Z7508 of 60 sqn RAF, Dohazari India circa March 1943. Now sporting SEAC roundels.

Z7912 of 11 sqn RAF, Feni India circa June 1943. In SEAC roundels, the last squadron operating the Blenheim in a front line role.

For ease of installation I have included each of Baldy's Blenheim IV models (early, chin & late) in separate named folders, & the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft calls up these named folders. You will need to select the correctly armed .dp file (either ETO or MTO crew) as appropriate.

UncleTgt,

JUL 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Blenheim Mk IV CBI skin pack 2 UT.zip

Baldy Blenheim Mk IV Rotterdam skinpack UT.zip

Description: Bristol Blenheim Mk IV Rotterdam skin pack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of WW2 ETO repaints for the Bristol Blenheim Mk IV made by Baldy for CFS2. This texture set was inspired by reading "Mast High Over Rotterdam" by Rusty Russell. https://rafwatton.info/mast-high-over-rotterdam/

On the 16th July 1941 36 Blenheims of 2 Group RAF set out at low level to bomb Rotterdam Docks.

The textures are: V6267 WV-M of 18 sqn RAF. Shot down by flak & crashed on the banks of the Noordsingel Canal, Rotterdam.

V6240 YH-B of 21 sqn RAF. Shot down by flak & crashed into Waalhaven dock, Rotterdam.

V6453 GB-E of 105 sqn RAF.

V6322 XD-S of 139 sqn RAF.

Z7271 MQ-K of 226 sqn RAF.

For ease of installation I have included each of Baldy's Blenheim IV models (early, chin & late) in separate named folders, & the aircraft.cfg for each aircraft calls up these named folders. You will need to select the correctly armed .dp file (either ETO or MTO crew) as appropriate.

UncleTgt,

JUL 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Baldy Blenheim Mk IV Rotterdam skinpack UT.zip

MkIV skins

Uncle you are excelling yourself

baldy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baldy's stuff at:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=480&sort=d

Hi UncleTgt,

You have been busy.

Your work, as usual, is sensational!

Cheers,

Stuart

P.S. I need a wall painted. Are you available?

That's a lot of work there Uncle. Very nice.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

John,
    Great work, and what a banquet! Very interesting and sobering historical notes too.

Thank you! I can't wait for the next ones. I am becoming addicted to your Blenheim skins!

Members who have read this thread: 1