A question about Saitek X52 programming

Thread: A question about Saitek X52 programming

A question about Saitek X52 programming

There is a young USMC officer who attends my church who is interested in using my P3D flight simulator setup (with VR) on occasion, as he says it is difficult to get simulator time. I told him sure. As I have the Iris Pro Texan IIB, which he will be flying, I thought it would be cool to try to program my Saitek X52 Pro to emulate the controls in the Texan II. However, I have a question concerning the "Hat" switch. Normally it is used for panning in viewing. I know I can reassign it to something else, but in this case, I would like to assign more than one function, i.e. trim settings. Using the controller option settings in P3D, I am only able to assign one function to that switch, but using the Saitek SST software, can more than one trim direction function be assigned to that switch, without changing modes? Thanks, NC

Trim left hat switch left, trim right, hat right, down, up; hat down, or hat up. Each of the four directions can have it own function. You can do that in FSX. However there is no way to program more than one function per direction unless you change modes. BTW, I have an X 52 for my simming...
    Sue

Interesting coincidence to see X-52's being discussed here. Mine has been gradually playing up. Don't go near the SST software - keep it simple using settings in the sim.

Two problems: one bad one is that I think it causes my whole PC to lock up so I can't use the mouse to exit P3D v4.3 or even get to the task manager to end the process. Have to press and hold the start button to shut down the whole rig, wait then start again. Pressing keys or mouse clicks when it locks up also causes an odd "beep" sound.

Second problem that kept me up way too late last night is the elevator trim is playing up - it either lags in response and then puts in way to much input (so goes into vertical or dives straight down) or doesn't respond at all. Been using a hat switch on the stick unit. Any suggestions for which button on the X-52 is most optimal for this and how to config the setting for this, e..g, repeat etc?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Yes absolutely avoid Saitek's own software like the plague. Another avenue to explore may be FSUIPC and/or Linda which is FREE. and relatively easy to program

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thanks. Think I solved it by switching USB ports and a thorough calibration and tweaking. Funny though, I change the elevator trim to one of the rotary knobs on the left unit but when I changed to another plane, the trim was back on the POV Hat where I had been using it. Strange it didn't save the setting.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Actually . . I have two different controls now each controlling pitch trim, the rotary knob on the throttle unit - which is a little bit too sensitive no matter now you tweak it - AND it is also on the POV hat switch on the stick. So, by using both - kind of almost opposite each other - I find I can make even more delicate inputs and set the plane in good trim.

Members who have read this thread: 0