Firefly
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firefly

Firefly

In a bid to actually get stuff off my hard drive and on to other peoples I've decided to change tack and take on texturing duties myself. If anyone's interested in commenting on the progress so far I've started a new site at the link below. I plan on only modelling for P3D from now on as testing across multiple sims isn't something I relish and as with Flying Stations it'll be relatively wallet friendly.

The early Firefly is first up, if only because it's basically been ready for about 2 years apart from the VC textures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-7-29_16-57-46-970.jpg  

Nice! A Firefly will be a welcome addition.

Ok OK I get the hint... the VC textures are 60% done......

BZ Skippy!

This is wonderful news Sir! Your new site has been bookmarked!

Mark

One for my hanger for sure . Thanks .

Links to sites you can get the Firefly, and a few more screenshots, are now up on my blog.

https://bravozulu.blog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-20_20-50-38-396.jpg  

BZ Skippy!

I bought it, and I'm still using P3D V3! Someday I'll have version 4 and it'll be waiting for me

It looks great in the screenshots - thanks for bringing another FAA aircraft into the sim for us!

Mark

Hello ,
    Nice work and good idea to do missing Firefly!
    Does the radar work in VC also or 2D panel only?

btw.
    Manual:
    https://bravozuludotblog.files.wordp...fly-manual.pdf
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

looking good!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hello ,
    Nice work and good idea to do missing Firefly!
    Does the radar work in VC also or 2D panel only?

btw.
    Manual:
    https://bravozuludotblog.files.wordp...fly-manual.pdf
    The radar works in the VC, in fact the pop-up window is a view of the VC model as that's the only way I could get it to display as a B-scope display. There's also a 2D panel that is a more typical PPI type display. So basically all the radar displays!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-9-21_21-49-45-422.jpg  

Thank You for reply.
    This is rare choice (Firefly in simulators) so I must to have this addon .
    What about TacPack? Is needed or if not any plans for the future (like TACAN=VOR of moving carriers)?
    Just idea for carrier ops.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank You for reply.
    This is rare choice (Firefly in simulators) so I must to have this addon .
    What about TacPack? Is needed or if not any plans for the future (like TACAN=VOR of moving carriers)?
    Just idea for carrier ops.
    It's not needed, but I am planning on adding TacPack as part of an update around Christmas that will also fix any issues that emerge and hopefully add PBR if that comes with the next update to P3D.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Another great aircraft added to my bulging hangar. Well done Skip.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

sorry i have no idea how i missed this thread, the RAN had a few of these in several schemes and it was only the other night i was thinking about this aircraft

off to buy it now

BZ

BT

I cant move throttle but... didnt read manual yet.
    I'll try Tomorrow. Good to see rain effect on the windshield.

VC:

YoYo,

Great shots! If anyone's wondering around the slightly lighter square the under wing roundel is on, that appears to be where they painted over the European theatre markings before entering SEAC and was based on the picture below, which I'm 99% certain is the same aircraft.

Let me know if you're still having problems with the throttle!

Skippy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails large_000000.jpg  

Awesome plane! Thanks for doing a less mainstream plane. (Though I'm psyched for your Seafire as well!)

One minor issue: When I chose a folder on the drive where I store my P3D v4.3 addon planes for installing (since my "documents" folder is on a spinning hard drive instead of an SSD), the installer copied all of the files, but P3D didn't register them. I had to manually move them to the appropriate folders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-09-22 (4).jpg   2018-09-22 (1).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    YoYo,

Great shots! If anyone's wondering around the slightly lighter square the under wing roundel
    Right! Good to know.

Let me know if you're still having problems with the throttle!
    The problem exists still, I haven't idea why?
    It looks like this and I havent for 100% double saved throttle axis. I use FSUIPC full version also.
    See this: https://youtu.be/69anXA5mE8c (throttle lever always comes back).

Btw. I see tail wheel on/off works, Is it any indicator for this?

The problem exists still, I haven't idea why?
    It looks like this and I havent for 100% double saved throttle axis. I use FSUIPC full version also.
    See this: https://youtu.be/69anXA5mE8c (throttle lever always comes back).

Btw. I see tail wheel on/off works, Is it any indicator for this?
    Hi,

It looks like FSUIPC and the engine gauge are conflicting. Basically the engine gauge stops you exceeding +15" of boost in either supercharger mode.
    In your video the boost needle seems to be going above 15" when FSUIPC has the throttle, I think the problem should get better the higher you get.

If you can set FSUIPC to ignore the throttle for the Firefly that should solve the problem. Alternatively I can make the gauge control of the throttle selectable, but that would mean you'd have a lot more power at low level than is realistic. Or the engine would blow up.

Re the tail wheel, do you mean the lock? That did confuse me as I know it can be locked, but the pilot's notes don't tell you where the control for it is, and I can't see anything that could be it in the diagrams!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Awesome plane! Thanks for doing a less mainstream plane. (Though I'm psyched for your Seafire as well!)

One minor issue: When I chose a folder on the drive where I store my P3D v4.3 addon planes for installing (since my "documents" folder is on a spinning hard drive instead of an SSD), the installer copied all of the files, but P3D didn't register them. I had to manually move them to the appropriate folders.
    Thanks Denny!

For future releases I'll see if I can make the installer use a more appropriate folder structure if you're not installing to the Add-ons folder.

Hi,

It looks like FSUIPC and the engine gauge are conflicting. Basically the engine gauge stops you exceeding +15" of boost in either supercharger mode.
    In your video the boost needle seems to be going above 15" when FSUIPC has the throttle, I think the problem should get better the higher you get.

If you can set FSUIPC to ignore the throttle for the Firefly that should solve the problem. Alternatively I can make the gauge control of the throttle selectable, but that would mean you'd have a lot more power at low level than is realistic. Or the engine would blow up.

Re the tail wheel, do you mean the lock? That did confuse me as I know it can be locked, but the pilot's notes don't tell you where the control for it is, and I can't see anything that could be it in the diagrams!
    Ok solved by creating FSUPIC profile only for Firefly and "ignore axis" for this profile was checked.
    Now I can use the throttle.

Small issue on the right wheel (animation), see this:

Left is ok.

Good spot! I'll check it out when I get home and look at getting an update out in the next few days.

Members who have read this thread: 1