Flight Replicas Halifax is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Halifax is out

Weepingly beautiful Mike, really as if I'm there, didn't think you could better the 262B, but you have......many thanks..

As for you IanP..''on the 'The List'..''...get yer finger out then!....

Cheers

Shessi

Shessi? ... of Bismarck fame? I *owe* you!!!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Nice screen Adam!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice screen Adam!
    Thanks! Some clever stuff in that scenery file: the ack-ack fires up when you're within range! Amazingly, both scenery and Flying Stations Swordfish work in P3Dv4.3.

I hope to be posting some Halifax shots soon!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Didn't quite escape.
    @Paul K: I am aware that they're all pointy rather than round engined - or all the ones I have seen are. However, we have a round engined aircraft, so I'll use what we have.

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Thanks! Some clever stuff in that scenery file: the ack-ack fires up when you're within range! Amazingly, both scenery and Flying Stations Swordfish work in P3Dv4.3.
    What exactly do we see here, Adam ?.... That's no ordinairy screenie from FSX or P3D, is it ??......

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    What exactly do we see here, Adam ?.... That's no ordinairy screenie from FSX or P3D, is it ??......

Thanks!

Hiya Jan,

I believe it's the Bismarck scenery from Shessi.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...00111-Bismarck!

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I believe it's the Bismarck scenery from Shessi.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...00111-Bismarck!
    Yep! That's the one!! *Awesome*!

The shot is an unedited capture from P3Dv4.3. I must admit I did use SLEW to get a decent position, plus the P3D time slider to get the lighting. It wasn't actually that dark - what you see there is all smoke!!!

The waves are courtesy of P3D water in ultra mode - which I don't normally use as it's so cheesy. However - it has dynamic waves (based on wind speed) so that helps!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

Shouldn't really be getting off topic...

But, yes. Nice screenie Adam, I reckon 5C is in a great position to torpedo the Bismarck's rudder??

As for CC Halibags, the MkIII was used from March 1945 by 518 Sqn at Tiree for Meterological Obs. The Hercules engined ac were so much in demand as bombers, none spare, so it was the older Merlin engined ac that were used for CC duties.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    @Paul K: I am aware that they're all pointy rather than round engined - or all the ones I have seen are. However, we have a round engined aircraft, so I'll use what we have.

Ian P.
    I look forward to what you come up with, Ian. By the way, this is the only picture I've come across of a Hercules-powered C.C. aircraft, and of course it's the paint scheme we have in the package. If you do come across any more, I'd be very interested to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Yep! That's the one!! *Awesome*!

The shot is an unedited capture from P3Dv4.3. I must admit I did use SLEW to get a decent position, plus the P3D time slider to get the lighting. It wasn't actually that dark - what you see there is all smoke!!!

The waves are courtesy of P3D water in ultra mode - which I don't normally use as it's so cheesy. However - it has dynamic waves (based on wind speed) so that helps!

Adam.
    Thanks, Adam ! (and thanks for the link,Scott !) That's all quite amazing !

Never seen those waves in P3Dv4.2, atleast in the shot they look great. Do they come with v4.3 ? ( i didn't upgrade to 4.3 yet.. )

Thanks again, certainly now it proves it's *just* a screenie from P3Dv4, it is pretty fabulous !

Javis - I'm a little worried about hijacking this Halifax thread - so I've replied by PM!
    Last edited by Adamski_NZ; August 2nd, 2018 at 08:10.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020

GR Mk.III Halifax with Coastal Command

Both No. 58 Squadron and No. 502 Squadron flew the Halifax GR Mk.III from March - May 1945. They were based at RAF Stornoway during this period.

Bill

No. 58 Squadron had BY code, while No. 502 (Ulster) Squadron had V9 code

Bill

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post

great art work again Mike Thank you! I am flying it right now in VR the view is stunting in the VC
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Didn't quite escape.
    I've been massively tied up for the last few days, but having finally got some peace and quiet, I put together a quick AI file for Elvington using this, so I could take some screenshots.

It all looks very nice - until Pilot Officer A. I. Code tries to land his Halifax, which is... interesting, to say the least. I was last left with one aircraft going round in circles on the grass, with its nose dug in and tail in the air, plus another one which landed on its nose, bounced all over half the airfield, somehow ended up back in the air and just flew off into the wild blue yonder never to be seen again. A third one landed on its nose, somehow managed to bounce back into a 3-point position and continued to fly the next circuit. I missed what it did on the next landing, because I was killing myself laughing at the one buzzing around in circles on its nose and main gear...

Please note, this is neither a complaint, nor a dig. The aircraft was never intended to be flown by the severely untrained Plt.Off. A.I.Code, who definitely needs further training before being allowed back into the cockpit. It's bloomin' funny to watch, though.

Ian P.

Enjoying the newly released Halifax.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E47C1C7D-89B6-47BF-B35E-4CB3D956C3E2.jpg   8BC7F10B-E8E8-4106-A8A6-418E0476EB4D.jpg   F53EBA55-3A3F-45AA-ABE5-84564A75C6CA.jpg  

I've been massively tied up for the last few days, but having finally got some peace and quiet, I put together a quick AI file for Elvington using this, so I could take some screenshots.

It all looks very nice - until Pilot Officer A. I. Code tries to land his Halifax, which is... interesting, to say the least. I was last left with one aircraft going round in circles on the grass, with its nose dug in and tail in the air, plus another one which landed on its nose, bounced all over half the airfield, somehow ended up back in the air and just flew off into the wild blue yonder never to be seen again. A third one landed on its nose, somehow managed to bounce back into a 3-point position and continued to fly the next circuit. I missed what it did on the next landing, because I was killing myself laughing at the one buzzing around in circles on its nose and main gear...

Please note, this is neither a complaint, nor a dig. The aircraft was never intended to be flown by the severely untrained Plt.Off. A.I.Code, who definitely needs further training before being allowed back into the cockpit. It's bloomin' funny to watch, though.

Ian P.
    I had similar entertainment. I found increasing the pitch stability in the aircraft cfg to somewhere between 1.5 and 2.0 helped AI flying a lot. Still not quite as I'd like it, but close.

Very nice model!

jk4072

jk4081
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Really Good!

Ian P.
    Your comments are as funny as the situation in paragraph 2. LOL!!!!

Didn't quite escape.
    I've got one simple repaint done so far... Just need to, y'know, actually package it up? Got several more in the pipeline, but keep getting distracted by either my anatomy packing up, or trying to do airfields.

Ian P.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

I'd be very interested in repaints of the C.Mk.VIIIs and Haltons operated post-war by such operators as Bond Air Services, World Air Freight. London Aero and Motor Services, Lancashire Aircraft Corporation Ltd, and the like. I'm considering having a crack at one myself, but would prefer to see what the established and accomplished repainters come up with first. Vingtor's LN-OAT ( the red one ) and LAMS' G-AHZJ ( the blue one ) are the obvious first choices, but some of the more obscure ones would be very welcome indeed. I have a colour photo of a World Air Freight aircraft, if anyone's interested.

Didn't quite escape.
    @Paul K: I have drawings of both of those, plus some other Haltons, however I was actually going to do a fictional post-war Transport Command liveried one (white with red wingtips and stripes) and give it the registration of the Avro York sitting at RAFM Cosford... I suspect someone else will probably get to the real world liveries before I do, there.

@tgycgijoes: All I'll say is this...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PltOffAICode_01.jpg   PltOffAICode_02.jpg  

@Paul K: I have drawings of both of those, plus some other Haltons, however I was actually going to do a fictional post-war Transport Command liveried one (white with red wingtips and stripes) and give it the registration of the Avro York sitting at RAFM Cosford... I suspect someone else will probably get to the real world liveries before I do, there.
    Yes, a Transport Command repaint would be a good choice, and highly plausible too.

Ian, check your PM's:

Regards
    PK
    Last edited by Paul K; August 16th, 2018 at 09:38.

Members who have read this thread: 1