Flight Replicas Halifax is out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Halifax is out

Icon14 Flight Replicas Halifax is out

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Wow! Good price also! Thx Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Sorry, I'm just being slow with things (plus it's summer and am trying to spend more time outdoors!). The Halifax is done except for one item, and I've started to build the website pages for the release. If all goes well, I expect it to be out within the next couple of weeks.

And yes, works in all versions of FSX and P3D.
    This couple of weeks passed very quickly !
    Last edited by YoYo; July 28th, 2018 at 14:19.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ready, steady, go!
    Excellent work with big bird again Mike!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great shots Yoyo!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Do You have (or will) in plans to release paint-kit too? I need it for this :

http://www.aviationart.pl/links/48.html

@Thx Roger.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

@Thx Roger.
    They are included in the aircraft folder, or at least they are with my FSXA install.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Fantastic work, Mike! What a behemoth. I love those "porcupine" exhaust!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Will be getting this on Friday to add to my ever growing FR hangar.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Fantastic work, Mike! What a behemoth. I love those "porcupine" exhaust!
    Did you notice that they also have a "glow" in the exhaust holes visible in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

@Thx Roger.
    Yes, as Warhorse47 says, you'll find them (there are 3: One for the Halifax, one for the cargo versions, and one for the BOAC Halton) in their respective aircraft folders.

It looks beautiful ! Straight buy after my return from the holidays
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

If anyone's wondering, it handles beautifully. Nobody here has ever flown a Halifax, but what you get is exactly what you would expect from such an aircraft. One of the best 1940s-vintage aircraft we've ever had in FSX and P3D, and yes I am horribly biased. I've waited a long time for someone to do a new Halifax/Halton package, and was even collecting materials to do one myself. Fortunately for the flight simming world, Mike at Flight Replicas got there first.

Duxford's new airworthy resident ( oh I wish ! ) -

'Ops' are on for tonight, so a morning air-test over Yorkshire ( Bomber Command country.)

Cool! Great way to end my week at EAA and really welcome as the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the RAF wasn't as big as the emails were saying it would be. (At least the Meteor flew on Thursday.) Downloading now!

Awesome Halifax!

Great work on the Halifax Mike!
    Picked it up today and I’m really enjoying it!
    Nice to finally have a proper British heavy to fly in P3Dv4!

2 comments/questions:

Did the real Halifax have a steerable tailwheel? I modified the “aircraft.cfg” to a non steerable tailwheel and use differential braking and throttle to steer on the ground. (Many WW2 heavies worked that way, not sure about the Halifax).

I understand how you used fuel weight (External) to simulate bomb load but noticed on my first flight in the Mk. IX that it was using the “external” fuel instead of the internal fuel.

Thanks and cheers!

Bernard

The Halifax didn't have a steerable tail wheel. However, in the films I saw, the Halifax appeared quite agile on the ground, more so that the usual differential braking allows in FSX/P3D, and so came up with this compromise for realistic handling.

The external tank that's used to simulate the bomb load contains only 1 gal of useable fuel, so that FSX/P3D won't use it. You shouldn't have any use in the air, unless something else outside of the model if effecting it. The two different Halifax starting methods, by Ctrl-E and by the full start-up method, can make fuel tanks be handled differently depending on the method, but shouldn't have any effect on the External1 used by the bomb load.

Thanks for a great set of models!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post

The external tank that's used to simulate the bomb load contains only 1 gal of useable fuel, so that FSX/P3D won't use it. You shouldn't have any use in the air, unless something else outside of the model if effecting it. The two different Halifax starting methods, by Ctrl-E and by the full start-up method, can make fuel tanks be handled differently depending on the method, but shouldn't have any effect on the External1 used by the bomb load.
    It is set with 2500 gals of usable and 2499 unusable

Also, the capacities should be in US gal, so multiply all your capacities by 1.2

309 Imp Gal = 371 US gal
    etc..

This will probably require re-calibration of the fuel gauges.

Icon26 Halifax

Mike, you've done it, again!Yet another great aircraft. Bought and downloaded yesterday. As my wife is away on holidays, sat up last night, flying it at full noise!! Finally almost nodded off over the computer at about 3 a.m. As with all of your products, admire the absolute accuracy. The R.A.A.F. Association museum at Bull Creek in Western Australia has a fairly large section devoted to the operation of Halifaxes, so I was delighted to see a representative aircraft shown. I'll have to re-visit the museum to refresh my knowledge.As always, look forward to your further products,Again, Many Thanks!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Will be getting this on Friday to add to my ever growing FR hangar.
    I didn't have to wait until Friday. Found some $$$ I didn't realise I had hidden away in a rainy day account. Well that rainy day came today and now I have 3 beautiful Halifaxes (Halifax, Halton and BOAC Halton) sitting in my hangar being checked out by my ground staff in preparation for their maiden Australian flights later in the week.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Coastal Command

Beautiful work! Hope some of you repainters do a Coastal Command texture. The current 518 Squadron was Coastal Command, but only did Metro missions. Coastal Command's 58 or 502 squadron allows you to attack shipping or hunt and attack subs - in daylight!

Bill

Didn't quite escape.
    I'm hoping to get a CC one done - they flew them (briefly) out of an airfield that's on The List but not completed yet (I've done a modern version, but not a WW2 version) so the ocean greys are very much on my radar!

Ian P.

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Beautiful work! Hope some of you repainters do a Coastal Command texture. The current 518 Squadron was Coastal Command, but only did Metro missions. Coastal Command's 58 or 502 squadron allows you to attack shipping or hunt and attack subs - in daylight!

Bill

I'd be interested to see any photos at all of Hercules-powered Coastal Command Halifaxes, other than those of 518 (renumbered to) 202 Squadron, which was a meteorological recon unit, and that is already in the Flight Replicas package. From what I've seen on the web and in the books I have, it seems Coastal's Halifaxes were mostly Merlin-powered. Hardly any photos around of GR.Mk IIIs.

Members who have read this thread: 0