Flight 19 - European Theater

Thread: Flight 19 - European Theater

Hybrid View

Flight 19 - European Theater

Over the channel today to start. Weather turned foul of course.

Howdy,

Hey! Here we go on our European Theater adventure! Hehe, three Yanks and one Canadian took off from Cranfield UK. (EGTC) and headed to Jersey, UK.(EGJJ). Hehe, I'll bet our German friends are really worried about that! (old joke). We kind of had a rocky start, and this joker forgot to send a complete AI to the rest of the flight members, but took care of it today. One neat thing about the flight after we took off, was that we could fly low across the Channel and sneak up to Jersey and land without any problems with the exception of the bloody weather.

Had to catch up with guys at Jersey as I got a bit behind. See, I was up at the Cantina in Rochford, enjoying some pints with a Royal Navy Chief and we got into a little bet. Somehow I ended the new owner of a Seafire III. It looks like it's having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment and the RN Chief did mention that I should probably get out of Britain with it pretty quickly. So, I had to take the long way around to catch up with the guys in Jersey.

We flew on into France and although the weather got a bit nasty, we did ok. I guess I'm going to have to relearn how to land on carriers now.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flt 19-2018-jul-29-003.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hello there!

Hey, we took off from Jersey (LGJJ) headed across the pond towards France and the plan is to land at St Pierre d' Oleron (LFDP) and being a short runway and being grass should be no problems for these birds. It was noted the we would be passing two of the biggest submarines pens that were built in WWll, one is at St.Nazaire and the other one is at La Rochelle. Shucks, we even flew over one of Airbus's plants. Old Dudley and I dropped down a few hundred of feet and flew along the tree tops and flying the mossie at these heights was a kick in the back side, fun, fun. hehe. So we are having one day of R&R here at St Pierre d' Oleron , don't ask me to pronounce it had a heck of a time spelling it, before heading out again.

A pitstop into Montlucon to get some new tyres.

We did some sightseeing on the way to Brest. Did the MM tours special beach package including Sword, Juno, Omaha and some others. Then to St Michel for some roundy round action. Finally landed at Brest. I'm headed into town to see if that brick oven pizza joint is there that had the cherry beer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flt 19-2018-aug-3-001.jpg   flt 19-2018-aug-3-002.jpg   flt 19-2018-aug-3-003.jpg   flt 19-2018-aug-3-004.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 0