Dang Bubba....

Thread: Dang Bubba....

Icon9 Dang Bubba....

Kinda stinkin' up the joint when compared to Larson, Elliot, & Bowman....

Hey All,

He just needs the kind of help Hamilton gets.

Needs to have the dominant car crash like Hamilton got today.
    Needs to have other drivers ordered not to pass like Hamilton got today.
    Needs to have the ruling body in a show of favoritization not penalize him for breaking the rules like Hamilton got today.
    In fact it should go farther and have the ruling body use as part of their justification for no penalty the fact that Hamilton's team was confused about communicating on a radio - certainly not the teams job to know how to communicate - like Hamilton got today.

He will do just fine then.

An on a different note hopefully the 42 driver learned something from the Harv today. If you noticed Harv bumped the 18 but not hard enough as he knew the 18 would likely get to him an dump him so the Harv dropped behind the 18 bumped him again hard enough to then drive away. Hopefully the 42 learned something from the Harv.

I get up to watch the Open and I see the usual eff1 garbage. But I will say it is a bit better since Ferrari now has an engine.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

He just needs the kind of help Hamilton gets.

Needs to have the dominant car crash like Hamilton got today.
    Needs to have other drivers ordered not to pass like Hamilton got today.
    Needs to have the ruling body in a show of favoritization not penalize him for breaking the rules like Hamilton got today.
    In fact it should go farther and have the ruling body use as part of their justification for no penalty the fact that Hamilton's team was confused about communicating on a radio - certainly not the teams job to know how to communicate - like Hamilton got today.

He will do just fine then.

An on a different note hopefully the 42 driver learned something from the Harv today. If you noticed Harv bumped the 18 but not hard enough as he knew the 18 would likely get to him an dump him so the Harv dropped behind the 18 bumped him again hard enough to then drive away. Hopefully the 42 learned something from the Harv.

I get up to watch the Open and I see the usual eff1 garbage. But I will say it is a bit better since Ferrari now has an engine.

-Ed-
    Ah I can always count on you for a spin to everything!

Back on subject, the fact of the matter is that he's stinking up the place. No bias from me (unlike some Danica fans) when compared to other new youthful drivers (Larson/Elliot/Bowman) who are also driving Chevys, Bubba's game is not at the same level as theirs...

Hey All,

No spin just fact. Hamilton got a gift. You disagree?

As for bubba I'm not sure Petty is a good place for a young driver to learn the ropes - he is all alone isn't he.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Bubba is a better driver than we are seeing, the Kings cars suck, they have sucked since he retired. Once in a blue moon they will get it close to right and it will come near the front but the next week it's back in the pack again.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Bubba is a better driver than we are seeing, the Kings cars suck, they have sucked since he retired. Once in a blue moon they will get it close to right and it will come near the front but the next week it's back in the pack again.

I haven't given up hope...but looking at the raw numbers & speed, it' tough. I'm at the state now were I'd be jumping for joy if he finished 15th in a full field.
    There were some flashes of hope at Bristol.

i know my opinion doesnt matter,but there hasnt been a petty racing drive thats really done well besides richard himself,a few have driven his cars to wins,but never dominated the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i know my opinion doesnt matter,but there hasnt been a petty racing drive thats really done well besides richard himself,a few have driven his cars to wins,but never dominated the field.
    Dave, Great point!
    Problem is, Almirola had some good days in the #43....

I agree, it's not the driver, it's Richard Petty Motorsports that is the problem. Richard Petty was one heck of a driver and great at public relations, but his post-retirement race car teams have barely been a shadow of the king.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Richard Petty Motorsports

Who wants to see
    Bubba Wallace replicate and wear this Andy Granatelli STP suit for Throwback Weekend at Darlington Raceway?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 37779922_10155236436111653_2115806176837894144_n.jpg  

Who wants to see
    Bubba Wallace replicate and wear this Andy Granatelli STP suit for Throwback Weekend at Darlington Raceway?

Who wants to see Bubba Wallace and all the other NASCAR drivers and teams start using cars that look a whole lot like the cars that you can buy from your local dealer?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

i dont see how,from a safety standpoint,you could have a truly stock car,and even just making them look more like a real car would slow them down alot,which is what people who dont drive them want,but from a racers view point,no,give me a car that drives fast,and i want a car with an aero package that will keep me fast,i want to win,not be the runner up..unlike sports for kids,you dont have things like the "forth best" finisher in racing,even those kids in TQs and gocarts want to win and losing is horrible..but they all understand you have to do what ya need to to win...nascar had that for years,even though alot of us emjoyied,not many liked one or two cars with 5 and 6 laps on the rest of the field,call it childish,but give me a car thats equal to my competitors,and ill try to drive it the best i can and win...

in this day and age,unequal cars would promote cheating,and the biggest issue would be the teams with money to burn would have the best cars,and the lower funded teams wouldnt have a chance..yes i see the argument that that statement goes against my earlier comments,but nascar is where it is now from those issues,i really believe if all cars were more like todays,guys like richard petty wouldnt have so many wins.

im just voicing MY own opinion,this isnt up for argument..well it is...but i wont fight with anyone about it..its how i feel and i wont change my mind...

OT I know but......I was watching the hill climb action at Goodwood this year and a couple of 'Euro NASCAR' devices were in the field.
    Initially they were very quick, mostly due to brute force and ignorance, but were rapidly relegated by a Triumph Dolomite and a Rover SD1.
    Aside from a supposed 'Eagle F5000' (which looked like a Lola T330 to me!) the really quick cars were all small BTCC runners, four cylinders etc.
    As one of the commentary team put it....'NASCAR Technology' leaves something to be desired! From the sounds in the background they were cracking up after a Honda humbled the Toyota and Chevrolet efforts.
    'NASCAR Technology'.
    Motor racing in the USA is crippled by the probability of Litigation.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Icon4

Who wants to see Bubba Wallace replicate and wear this Andy Granatelli STP suit for Throwback Weekend at Darlington Raceway?
    LoL! .....

Speaking of Bubba, that was a bit of a scary crash he just had...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

That one really rang his bell. Slow to drop the window net, but he will be ok. Gotta wonder if that hit didn't give him a pretty good concussion.

Members who have read this thread: 0