A cool looking poster....

Thread: A cool looking poster....

A cool looking poster....

Saw this on the VQ-1 Facebook page, and wanted to share it. It is the squadron I retired from, way back in 1997.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poster.jpg  

Sweet poster indeed ! The company that makes these has all sorts of aviation related artwork , really cool stuff ! Mike

https://www.squadronposters.com/

Hey, NC, if I may ask a question of you...
    Did you ever meet a crewmember named Padraic McHale? Irish descent, ginger as all heck, kinda tall...?
    Really a good friend of mine, when we both worked at the USCS Aerostat, Yuma AZ.

Just wondering. He used to gon about he was a crewman aboard a one of those birds in VQ-1. I can't recall when he got out, but it had to be around 90 or 95 come time...

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

NC, they have some great stuff and you can do custom orders. I'm going to get some posters set up for my new man cave/garage for my previous USN/USA units.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Great Poster, Chief! We had VQ-1 aboard Saratoga on the '69 Med Cruise. They were flyin' A-3s at the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	62195 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VAQ.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	62196
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Hey, NC, if I may ask a question of you...
    Did you ever meet a crewmember named Padraic McHale? Irish descent, ginger as all heck, kinda tall...?
    Really a good friend of mine, when we both worked at the USCS Aerostat, Yuma AZ.

Just wondering. He used to gon about he was a crewman aboard a one of those birds in VQ-1. I can't recall when he got out, but it had to be around 90 or 95 come time...

Pat☺
    Pat, my LPO, for a time with VQ-1's Line Division, was a AT2 Fran McHale. I messaged, him about Padraic McHale, asking if he is related. Most likely he is, somehow. Fran McHale, is one of the very few guys from my entire 20 year career. In fact, I talk to him on the phone at least once or twice a month. Fran was the most natural born leader I ever had the privilege of serving with. Unfortunately, Fran did not understand there is a "game" one has to play to become Chief. There is a certain amount of political crap one has to put up with. Fran was NOT liked by the other Chiefs in VQ-1 because he spoke his mind about things when it might have been better to keep quiet. I admired him for his principles though. Every quarter, without exception, I would put his name in for "Sailor of the Quarter", and the other Chiefs would laugh and vote "NO". I did everything I could to get him recommended for Chief. Fran never did make CPO, but if there was a award to achieve, he earned it. By the time he retired, his ribbon/medal count was about the most he could have ever received. Pete

Update: I just called Fran. No relation. And I am pretty sure that VQ-1 had long since flying the Skywarrior before the 1990s? NC

Members who have read this thread: 0