Problem with tracer of guns

Thread: Problem with tracer of guns

Problem with tracer of guns

I have the SJ Spitfire Mk 7 and 8 everting files was add also effect add but I heard the sounds of guns but no traces or flash from guns muzzle. Tank you for you help

SOH-CM-2020
    hello Arrow,

try putting back to the old tracer textures into the fxtextures folder. This is a common problem with the newer aircraft and if you look at the threads this issue pops up quite a lot.

The installation instructions for the spitfires IIRC tell you to modify a couple of lines in the effects.xml. If you add the new textures and modify the effects.xml as instructed, the new tracers should appear. The problem is, some older weapons will not show their tracers.

So you need to make a choice between keeping slightly older look to the tracers, or getting nice new tracer effects but some older guns having tracer that does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    hello Arrow,

try putting back to the old tracer textures into the fxtextures folder. This is a common problem with the newer aircraft and if you look at the threads this issue pops up quite a lot.

The installation instructions for the spitfires IIRC tell you to modify a couple of lines in the effects.xml. If you add the new textures and modify the effects.xml as instructed, the new tracers should appear. The problem is, some older weapons will not show their tracers.

So you need to make a choice between keeping slightly older look to the tracers, or getting nice new tracer effects but some older guns having tracer that does not work.
    Seems to me this is an issue which needs sorting out (along with square tracers) by informing people how to change either the effects.xml, dds files, or the aircraft xdp to use different weapons. I've had issues to do with cannons several times and had to revert to older effects.xml and or dds files.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    The easiest thing would be to change the installation instructions for the new aircraft. New tracer effects lines with unique names are needed for the effects.xml. Also the new tracer effect names need to be keyed into the bullets and shells' weapons .xdps. The new tracer texture names should be slightly different and not overwrite current tracer textures.

Then there would be no conflicts.

Nothing but true. Should be set in stone.

Also all add-on airplanes should be fully independent on any other needed stuff to download, like weapons or so.

Members who have read this thread: 1