"Vintage" Plane Crash in WI

Thread: "Vintage" Plane Crash in WI

"Vintage" Plane Crash in WI

Getting in my truck after work today, saw the smoke plume to the NW 5-10 miles away from Sheboygan, WI; instant guess was a crash...local news confirming pilot lost, two souls seriously injured on the ground...EAA AirVenture starts Monday in Oshkosh. That's all I know at this time...

Oh no!
    The loss of the plane, if it's a vintage one, is bad enough, the loss of even one life is a complete tragedy!
    My condolances to the pilot's friends and family, for whatever good they are...

I hope the ground casualties turn out to be ok, at least.

Thanks for the HU!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I found this news story, apparently it was a De Havilland Venom that crashed into a barn. The pilot is confirmed as having died upon impact and two farm workers were injured. Very sad news.

http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Pla...488762471.html
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It has been reported in some places that the pilot was Marty Tibbitts, president of the World Heritage Air Museum, which owns/operates quite an expansive collection of flying vintage jets. I know they were scheduled to be bringing the de-Havilland Venom and a Gloster Meteor to Oshkosh for this coming week, as part of the celebration of 100 years of the RAF. Absolutely tragic news.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thanks for the update Bomber_12th; newscast confirms pilot was Mr. Tibbits: https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...in-plane-crash. RIP and condolences to family and friends; no update on the two injuries at the barn. I visited the airport about 1 hour ago and was privileged to watch several T-28s start, taxi and take off; US national ensign is at half-staff.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    A crash is always sad news. My prayers are with the pilot and farm workers and their families.

Members who have read this thread: 0