Help Needed To Get Slats Working in FS2004

Thread: Help Needed To Get Slats Working in FS2004

Help Needed To Get Slats Working in FS2004

Hi; I have a model that I've updated in CFS2 (just completed, now beta testing) and thought you folks might be interested in flying it in FS2004 as well, but it seems that slats (spoilers) don't work the same way in FS2004 as they do in CFS2. I have a gauge that opens them in CFS2, but it doesn't seem to work for this sim. Can anybody direct me to a tutorial, or offer a few sage words of advice? Thanks in advance...... Paul

Phew, that IS a question :-). So far the only suggestion I have is that you change the airframe type in the air.-file. You need the AirEd-programme with AirUpdate, open the air.-file, go to "record1101" and change what you find there to 5943, which is Concorde type. Like this: record 1101 - <00h> Airframe type=5943.
    This makes the Concorde nose increase-decrease keys working, maybe that in your case it makes the slats working. Or maybe you have a plane with working slats (like an Me-109) and you can try that airframe type.
    If you need the AirEd with the AirUpdate, send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Good luck!!

Regards,

hertzie.

Hi Paul

In the fs9 they use the keyframe "rudder_water_deploy" and xml gauging ... if that makes sense... I'm talking from a scasm point of veiw.... cos i change to spoiler for it to work in the cfs2 .

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by pstrany View Post
    Hi; I have a model that I've updated in CFS2 (just completed, now beta testing) and thought you folks might be interested in flying it in FS2004 as well, but it seems that slats (spoilers) don't work the same way in FS2004 as they do in CFS2. I have a gauge that opens them in CFS2, but it doesn't seem to work for this sim. Can anybody direct me to a tutorial, or offer a few sage words of advice? Thanks in advance...... Paul
    Slats are NOT spoilers. Slats are aerodynamically driven leading edge devices, which deploy in proportion to angle of attack in most situations, though there have been designs that used a cable etc to deploy them when the gear came down (SB2C for example). I have seen various FS models that use a leading edge flap scheme to deploy them in proportion with trailing edge flap position, though that is not technically accurate.

Hi,
    LAGO's SM79 had those slats....and Manuele Villa's model also had the same system, so there are ways to get them to work in FS9. I also seem to think the wonderful Milton Shupe produced aircraft with them..the Avia perhaps?

Andy.

Me 109 Slats

I'm specifically looking to animate slats for a Messerschmitt 109G-6. They were actuated by aerodynamic forces, their deployment corresponding to speed and angle of attack. I use spoiler in CFS2 because that is what is available, and I have a gauge that makes it work. However, the gauge does not work in FS2004, so I thought I'd see if there was a (better) way of representing this in the sim. Mav, do you have an xml gauge that would do the trick? What parameters would I need to set for it to work? I can just change spoilers to "rudder_water_deploy", but when it comes to xml I am clueless..... Thank you for your answers. Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clip0001.jpg  

Hi Paul,

Although I have never built an aircraft that used slats, I do have some slat code based on AoA and flaps position.

What are the specific conditions that the slats get deployed in this aircraft?

The code I have was developed by Spokes2112 and he may be willing to alter the code for you if I cannot do it successfully.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Smile

Hi Paul

Here it is ....out of the fsds v2 bf109g by paul barry and david hanvey.

Cheers mav

Parameters .... in panel.cfg are ... gaugexx=ME109!slats1, 0 , 0 , 20 , 20
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Hi Paul.
    Whilst talking about 109G's is there any chance of a G10 Trainer model.
    A cheeky request and feel free too ignore me, but I haven't found one yet payware or freeware for fs 2004 or cfs 2.

Steve

Great!

Thanks! I'll take a whack at it...... Paul

Hi Paul

You're welcome.... and good luck

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by pstrany View Post
    I'm specifically looking to animate slats for a Messerschmitt 109G-6. They were actuated by aerodynamic forces, their deployment corresponding to speed and angle of attack. I use spoiler in CFS2 because that is what is available, and I have a gauge that makes it work. However, the gauge does not work in FS2004, so I thought I'd see if there was a (better) way of representing this in the sim. Mav, do you have an xml gauge that would do the trick? What parameters would I need to set for it to work? I can just change spoilers to "rudder_water_deploy", but when it comes to xml I am clueless..... Thank you for your answers. Paul
    Here is code we used for our DeHavilland Moth. If you want to see how they work the model is a freeware download from our Golden Age Simulations web page Its formatted for FSX and will need to be translated to FS2004 format but you are welcome to try it and if it works for you, Cheers!

<Animation name="DH82_AutoSlatsLock" guid="D7C63047-F476-4683-80F7-27C6BFCC4FFB" type="Sim" typeParam2="DH82_AutoSlatsLock" length="25" typeParam="AutoPlay" />

<PartInfo>
    <Name>DH82_AutoSlatsLock</Name>
    <AnimLength>25</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
    <Parameter>
    <Code>(L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool) 20 * 5 +</Code>
    <Lag>25</Lag>
    </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
    <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
    <MouseFlags>LeftSingle</MouseFlags>
    <TooltipText>Auto Slats %((L:H82_SlatsLocked,BOOL))%{if}LOCKED%{else}UNLOC KED%{end}</TooltipText>
    <CallbackCode>(L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool) ! (&gt;L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool)</CallbackCode>
    </MouseRect>
    </PartInfo>
    Last edited by Spad54; July 18th, 2018 at 16:10.

Just for clarification, Spad's code is in FSX native format, not FS9 format so it cannot be used as written.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

True Milton! I believe I got it translated correctly but perhaps Milton could proof read. Milton an assist here? I might add that these deploy automatically when the angle of attach become critical and before the wing stalls

<part>
    <name>DH82_AutoSlatsLock</name>
    <animLength>25</AnimLength>
    <animation>
    <parameter>
    <code>(L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool) 20 * 5 +</code>
    <lag>25</lag>
    </parameter>
    </animation>
    <mouserect>
    <cursor>Hand</cursor>
    <mouse_flags>LeftSingle</mouse_flags>
    <tooltip_text>Auto Slats %((L:H82_SlatsLocked,BOOL))%{if}LOCKED%{else}UNLOC KED%{end}</tooltip_text>
    <callback_code>(L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool) ! (&gt;L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool)</callback_code>
    </mouserect>
    </part>

Here is a discussion on the FS9 syntax. You may have to join the forum to read but its a simple task and well worth it.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...6/#post-739289

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    True Milton! I believe I got it translated correctly but perhaps Milton could proof read. Milton an assist here? I might add that these deploy automatically when the angle of attach become critical and before the wing stalls

<part>
    <name>DH82_AutoSlatsLock</name>
    <animLength>25</AnimLength>
    <animation>
    <parameter>
    <code>(L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool) 20 * 5 +</code>
    <lag>25</lag>
    </parameter>
    </animation>
    <mouserect>
    <cursor>Hand</cursor>
    <mouse_flags>LeftSingle</mouse_flags>
    <tooltip_text>Auto Slats %((L:H82_SlatsLocked,BOOL))%{if}LOCKED%{else}UNLOC KED%{end}</tooltip_text>
    <callback_code>(L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool) ! (&gt;L:H82_SlatsLocked, bool)</callback_code>
    </mouserect>
    </part>

Here is a discussion on the FS9 syntax. You may have to join the forum to read but its a simple task and well worth it.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...6/#post-739289
    That looks good to me Sir :-) Thanks

I did not notice your FSX comment in the original post, my apologies.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0