Messerschmitts! nah they're not they're 'einkels... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Messerschmitts! nah they're not they're 'einkels...

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    (And like Bazz, I'm surprised to see that "historical marking" are suddenly such a topic here.)
    I'd venture to suggest that the "historical" symbol in question is more openly on display now in some quarters and at some events than it has been in the recent past, and for that reason it may be generating more interest and attention. Not trying (or wanting) to provoke a political discussion, just offering a theory about why the topic is hotter than it has been.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Alan,

Quite recent a thread was started about the Hispano Aviacion Ha 112 Buchon and this tread started with several images which all contained, what we call historical correct markings. Not a single word was spend on them. Over the years I have release plenty of German repaints, in nearly all cases containing historical correct markings. Again no word spend on them. And suddenly in this thread it has become a topic and for me its completely unclear why.

When I still made plastic model kits the swastikas were a huge topic in Germany, but I had the feeling this had slowly faded away.
    So that's why I'm a bit surprised. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics or the German choices.

But the original topic was the new AH Heinkel He.111, perhaps we should stick to this subject.

Cheers,
    Huub

But the original topic was the new AH Heinkel He.111, perhaps we should stick to this subject.
    Agreed. As for the rest - happy to discuss via PM if you'd like (or not - your call). But not here.
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Sailing close to the political line there Bjorn.
    Beause that's what it is, at least within the confines of this country.

I just wanted to offer some (subjective) clarification on the subject since YoYo brought up the recent change in practice. For an official position, the publisher, JF, would have to inquire at the respective authority. But I figure that...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We will produce the model with an alternative and have the genuine article available for download at owners'discretion. That seems to me t be the simplest solution.
    ...this is the simplest solution for everybody involved, no matter what change in practices have occurred or will be occurring.

No further remarks, your honor.

A German person who buys the product at for instance JustFlight, which is registered in the UK, is importing the product into Germany. Often this is not regulated as this is considered only for "private use".
    I think this practice was cracked down upon some years ago. Importing uncensored games from Austria, Switzerland or the UK used to be fairly popular ten plus years ago, until the authorities got wind of that loophole and closed it. Or until changes in digital distribution made it nearly impossible to install or use such software. Maybe both.

As a final clarification on this point, we will be developing this product with an alternative symbol. German customers will receive this (as will everybody else) when they buy. If a customer requires the authentic symbol, they can download the relative texture. This download page will be locked for German customers.

Thanks.

2 new shots.

Pity that no TacPack :

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 1