There needs to be a online P3D Skype tutorial "curriculum"😁

Thread: There needs to be a online P3D Skype tutorial "curriculum"😁

There needs to be a online P3D Skype tutorial "curriculum"😁

I really do not know why a online tutorial curriculum has not ever been created for P3D. There is so much information out there on the internet, spread amongst countless websites, that offer tips and solutions to questions/problems that people have with this sim.

A online meeting place, say on Skype, would allow for people to discuss their questions and possibly get answers and understand how to fix problems?

Heck, I would pay to physically attend classes on how to use Simdirector! NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; July 17th, 2018 at 07:08.

I do agree NC on the info for someone very familiar with previous versions of the old M$ product. I was googling quite alot on tweaks and settings, then coming here to SOH to find out which models worked or not. I still have little things like my ATC window "grayed" out at times, then it works the next??? Trying to figure out why some models will CTD, while others with the same gauges seem to work fine.

I purchased the mission creator programs in FSX, but I'm just now looking over the P3D SDK and Simdirector and understand P3D has many mission rehearsal features built in.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Heck, I would pay to physically attend classes on how to use Simdirector! NC
    I'm with you on this Chief. Because P3D is used for "professional" training there is likely some form of "operating software" training available somewhere. Two (2) years ago I took a couple "WordPress" courses from my local technical college (and then I did my own website...another story). I've been looking for something like my local technical college experience for P3D. Haven't found anything yet except the training stuff on the P3D website. That stuff is too advanced for me....I need more basics.

Please post if you find something and I'll do likewise.

P.S. Have you seen https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/LearningCenter.php ? There is a SimDirector overview page and a SimDirector course page that both contain bunches of information.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Members who have read this thread: 0