737 and A320 for P3D v4.3?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 737 and A320 for P3D v4.3?

737 and A320 for P3D v4.3?

Want to get the two workhorse airliners into P3D v4.3. I have the stock FSX 737-800 in now, but I imagine after all this time there might be a better option. (Would love to find a 737-Max!)

Anyway, curious as to what people like for P3D V4.x for these planes. Freeware would rock, but I'm open to payware if it's really worth it.

Thanks!

Check out TDS for their freeware FSX boeing models that will work in 64 bit v4. You will need to add a VC or just download one already packaged up at simviation (often by Chris Evans).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Yes, for freeware, TDS is tops. Don’t forget the triton.

TDS did not do any Airbus aircraft but only Boeing. They have done or in process of every modern ones, the 727, 737, 767, 777, and 787.

I just tried my Project Airbus A319 using the FSX vc and it seems to work just fine. Many packages are available on Simviation.

TDS Boeing user here with updated VC and ISG gauges for my poor man's PMDG!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks, everyone! Victory103, any specific pointers on the VC/gauges you used?

Possibly the updated VC by Alejandro Rojas.

You can find packages with it already integrated along with all the TDS gauges on the panel. Just be careful because Mr. Chris Evans on Simviation forgets to add the required effects most of the time. Here's a 738 that has them:

https://simviation.com/1/download-fi...p&fileId=54697

From here you can just add repaints as usual.

DennyA, the above posted from Simviation with Alejandro's updated VC. I have the Southwest package by C. Evans and no issues so far, I would just make sure you install the gauges correctly. I'm still learning P3D, but the alternate install outside of the main P3D folder has been working for my add-ons.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I would love to install the TDS Boeing 737 base model, and also the C-40 repaint for it. Can someone please explain how to install it all into P3DV.4.3? I do not understand how the VC install works. Right now, when I attempted installing the TDS 737, it not only did not show up on the screen, it crashed P3D. Thanks. NC

And is there a working cargo door for the TDS C-40 model? Thanks.
    Last edited by Navy Chief; July 17th, 2018 at 14:48.

NC, sounds to me like you have there the FS9 model. That will cause a crash in 64 bit. You need the native FSX model if there is one somewhere. Coincidentally, I am right now flying a TDS BBJ in v4 and just a minute ago tried adding the C-40A skin without success as it is looks to be configured for the TDS FS9 model.

Give the flightsim download below a go and also check here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...58-C-40-by-TDS

and here particularly at post #27: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...released/page2

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern MilitaryFS2004/FSX US Navy Boeing 737-700C
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: tds_boeing_737-700c_usanavy_8980.zip
    Size: 13,843,905 Date: 07-22-2014 Downloads: 2,117

FS2004/FSX US Navy Boeing 737-700C, registration 8980. The B737-700 is developed by Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS). Model features high resolution textures, dynamic flexing wings, nose gear steering, rudder lock, ground spoilers, low speed aileron locks at high speed, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, rolling wheels, animated thrust reversers with reverser block doors, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles and more. Package contains model and all files necessary for immediate flight. Model design by Hiroshi Igami. Flight dynamics design by Nick Wilkinson and David Biggar. Master textures by Kyle Schurb. Repaint by Carlos Eduardo Salas.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Follow up -

Didn't need to retype the textures. The TDS FSX native model you are after is this one: 7B--W2

I am more confused now than when I asked the question............ NC

Download this and install this: tds_boeing_737-700c_usanavy_8980.zip

. . and we'll take from there, a step at a time.

Alternatively, download this at Simviation with a pre-loaded VC and then splash your Navy Clipper paint on it . .

FSX/Prepar3D Boeing C-40B USAF Package (Category: FSX > Military)

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am more confused now than when I asked the question............ NC
    NC, TDS has his own naming conventions for his models to cover the many sub-series of B737-700s.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks all. Does this C-40 model have a animated cargo door? Thanks. NC

I believe this should answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Want to get the two workhorse airliners into P3D v4.3. I have the stock FSX 737-800 in now, but I imagine after all this time there might be a better option. (Would love to find a 737-Max!)

Anyway, curious as to what people like for P3D V4.x for these planes. Freeware would rock, but I'm open to payware if it's really worth it.

Thanks!
    Denny-

If payware is an option, albeit a bit biased, I believe the PMDG NGX is an incredible product. It’s hard to believe it’s the most ancient of their recent offerings, and is very worthy of consideration.

After all these years, I still relish sessions in her VC- superb FDE, amazing modeling, and even better in 4K.

FWIW- C

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Alternatively, download this at Simviation with a pre-loaded VC and then splash your Navy Clipper paint on it . .

FSX/Prepar3D Boeing C-40B USAF Package (Category: FSX > Military)

Do you have a link for just the paint, now that I have the working USAF model installed? Thanks. NC

Hey there NC, glad to hear you are making progress. Clipper paint should be in the flightsim download link in my post # 10 above + here: tds_boeing_737-700c_usanavy_8980.zip

Ok, I am doing something wrong by missing how to install this. I think all I need is the Navy C-40 paint, but what the download you link to includes a complete model, which is not showing up in the P3D menu. If I select it, the sim crashes. NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails navy c40 menu.jpg   Navy C40 in Simobjects.jpg  

Thanks for the recommendation, cavaricooper! The PMDG 737 looks amazing. I had the PMDG 737 for FS2004 10+ years ago and it was great.

Got a couple of other study-level planes to learn, and I might grab it at that point!

I think all I need is the Navy C-40 paint, but what the download you link to includes a complete model, which is not showing up in the P3D menu. If I select it, the sim crashes. NC

If you download this:
    tds_boeing_737-700c_usanavy_8980.zip inside is the USN Clipper paint AND a native FSX model, however, to use that whole install instead of the USAF download you would need to, as many do with the TDS 737's, merge the default 737-800 VC into it.

Sticking with the ALL-IN-1 USAF C40C from simviation, you ought to be able to add 1) the USN paint, and 2) the native FSX model from 8980.zip d/l into your working install. You will need to leave in place the VC interior model and also add the VC textures into your USN paint texture or a common alias texture folder holding these.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post

If you download this:
    tds_boeing_737-700c_usanavy_8980.zip inside is the USN Clipper paint AND a native FSX model, however, to use that whole install instead of the USAF download you would need to, as many do with the TDS 737's, merge the default 737-800 VC into it.

Sticking with the ALL-IN-1 USAF C40C from simviation, you ought to be able to add 1) the USN paint, and 2) the native FSX model from 8980.zip d/l into your working install. You will need to leave in place the VC interior model and also add the VC textures into your USN paint texture or a common alias texture folder holding these.

Well, I tried to simply add the paint, but do not understand how to add the native FSX model from 8980 into the working install. I know how to add repaints; easy enough. But this is a little more complicated; at least it is for me, because (although I am sure I've done it before, it has been a while). Pete

Sorry Chief you are having issues, LOL, I know I do and others do here!

I have searched the TDS 737 discussion at Facebook and believe the only TDS model with the cargo door is actually the one for the C-40A. So the simviation USAF model may not have this.

Here is what I suggest:

1. in the 8980 download there is a folder "FSX". In that there is a model folder. Make a copy of it and rename it "model.C40A."
    2. paste that folder into your working USAF 737 airplanes folder. Then change the air.cfg where it says model= , to model = C40A.
    3. you need of course in the air.cfg to have texture = [name of USN paint]
    4. If that works, but you have black VC textures, report back and we'll fix that too.

expat out

Members who have read this thread: 0