737 and A320 for P3D v4.3? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 737 and A320 for P3D v4.3?

Yes, you will need to go into the USAF 737 folder, and in the texture folder there are also the VC textures, that look like this: "B737_800_1_C.dds" There are a bunch of 'em. Just copy and paste them into the USN texture folder you brought over from the 8980 download. That should give you VC textures.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Sorry Chief you are having issues, LOL, I know I do and others do here!

I have searched the TDS 737 discussion at Facebook and believe the only TDS model with the cargo door is actually the one for the C-40A. So the simviation USAF model may not have this.

Here is what I suggest:

1. in the 8980 download there is a folder "FSX". In that there is a model folder. Make a copy of it and rename it "model.C40A."
    2. paste that folder into your working USAF 737 airplanes folder. Then change the air.cfg where it says model= , to model = C40A.
    3. you need of course in the air.cfg to have texture = [name of USN paint]
    4. If that works, but you have black VC textures, report back and we'll fix that too.

expat out
    Thanks Expat! When I get home from doc visits at the VA (oh, the joys of getting older......), I will check all this out! NC

I have tried the TDC models several times but there lack of a proper VC I found disqualifying. They may have a good exterior model but at this point in sim evolution I think the interior model is more important than the exterior and if I have to use the VC from the default 737, I will just use the default 737.

I am sure the PMDG is great but the cost in terms of $ and time are a bit much for me given my lack of attention span to spend on a single aircraft.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Yes of course but that's why so many of us merge the very good default 738 VC into the TDS models that are vastly superior and have greater options.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Yes, you will need to go into the USAF 737 folder, and in the texture folder there are also the VC textures, that look like this: "B737_800_1_C.dds" There are a bunch of 'em. Just copy and paste them into the USN texture folder you brought over from the 8980 download. That should give you VC textures.

In the USAF texture folder, none of the textures say B737, and none of them are .dds. They are all .bmp files. NC

Making progress. Have outside of aircraft, but no VC yet;only 2D, which I never, ever use anymore.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-7-20_18-22-31-310.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0