Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5 Update incoming

Thread: Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5 Update incoming

Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5 Update incoming

Hi guys,

I just uploaded a new video on youtube in which I talk about the new update (v0.04) for our Lockheed Vega 5. The update will be available on Friday (fingers crossed and thumbs pressed (that's the German version of fingers crossed)). Here's what you can expect of it:

I'm very excited about the new effects that come with the update, they're provided by:

And will look amazing!

I also decided to give my physics engine a name. It shall henceforth be known that the Wing42 Lockheed Vega 5 is powered by:

Please note that the price of the Vega will increase by 5 Euros with this update. If you purchase it before version 0.04 you'll be only pay the introductory price of 25 Euros.

Cheers,
    Vitus

Looking forward to the update. Just curious, would it be possible to keep multiple versions of the Vega with various stages of "reality" installed.

Thanks,
    LouP

Ugh, interesting question. I never though about that...
    So one thing I can tell you straight away: the current version 0.03.2 wont be available for download after the update. That's simply to do with the way the shop software works, it is necessary for me to overwrite the old zip file and replace it with the new one.

The installer itself will simply overwrite the old version of the Vega and that will include any changes you might have made to the aircraft.cfg.

There's two ways you could potentially save the older version:
    1. keep the old installer for later use.
    2. rename the Vega's folder of the old version before installing the new one. Buuuuuuut in that case you should edit the old aircraft.cfg file to mark the old version of the plane.

But keep in mind that there's one shared resource for all the W42 Vegas: the data file, that holds all variables for your next flight! It shouldn't cause any issues, but it's hard to tell if this will also work in the future...

Overall, I don't think it's worthwhile, especially because the updates also take care of some bugs. Like this nasty OOM error that shamefully found it's way into the previous built.

On a side note: I am contemplating including a toggle button to simplify the aircraft - switch off any malfunctions and complications. But I'm not quite sure yet if this will make it into the aircraft any time soon, it would require quite a lot of changes.....

I hope that answers the question... more or less

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    On a side note: I am contemplating including a toggle button to simplify the aircraft - switch off any malfunctions and complications. But I'm not quite sure yet if this will make it into the aircraft any time soon, it would require quite a lot of changes.....

I hope that answers the question... more or less
    That would work, thanks. I can wait for that and fly the more "complex" version till then.

LouP

Great! Is it work with P3D4.3?
    On the website is info about 4.2 only.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    That would work, thanks. I can wait for that and fly the more "complex" version till then.
    At the moment, many of the things that are simulated under the hood don't have much of an effect. Take the heat-exchange as an example: I put a structure together that calculates real-world physics to work out how the energy gets exchanged. At the moment the effects of it are quite small - apart from the starter motor that can burn up when operating it for too long, you can still fly at full power for two hours and everything will be fine.
    But this module paves the way for the next big update, which will be concentrated around the mixture, ignition and combustion of the fuel. That's when all the under the hood calculations will start to really shine - at least if my math is not completely off.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Great! Is it work with P3D4.3?
    On the website is info about 4.2 only.
    Oh man, I have to change that since I get this question a lot... Yes, the aircraft works with P3d4.3. In fact, it will work with any v4 built of p3d, since LM didn't change anything fundamental about the aircraft. I think, next time I update the website I will change it to say "P3D v4.x" to clear this one up.

Members who have read this thread: 0