Spitfire IX download - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spitfire IX download

So, if you could get on with that, Baz, no pressure. In time for this Christmas, of course. Lol!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

of course Tom, right away...

Didn't quite escape.
    Christmas? CHRISTMAS?! I want it by tomorrow, Baz!

Ian P
    (who is now hiding under the desk...)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    of course Tom, right away...
    I would definitely buy it!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I would definitely buy it!
    +1!

Priller

Okay. Got my RealAir Spitfire in the mail this morning, all the way from the UK. At first I thought it was Meghan writing to tell me she'd made a mistake with that other fellow and wanted me to take her back, but no joy.

I got it installed but will have to wait till later to wring it out. Very fast service from ebay and the seller. He'll definitely be getting positive feedback.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

I got the Spit package installed. It went in very easily from disc with none of the problems described in the "Speaking of RealAir" thread. The disc arrived very quickly and in mint condition complete with pilot's reference printed on real paper. Funny how retro that seems nowdays.

I haven't spent much time with the XIV model, but I have "flown" the IX several times and it is sweet. Very easy on frame rates as well, which is a big consideration on my aging computer. For this model alone I would recommend the purchase, but in full disclosure, I wouldn't have this a/c if not for an unexpected gift. If you can find one for sale online at a reasonable price, definitely get it.

I am now seriously considering getting a MK.1A, if and when I have the money. Either that or a good Hurricane. I have a soft spot for the Hurri. It's the first model plane I remember building, purchased across the bridge in Canada. To me, the Spit and the Hurri are the Mary and Martha of the Battle of Britain. It's like a family that has two daughters, one very dependable and hard-working, but with a scalding hot younger sister who gets all the attention.

Thanks to all my Sim-Outhouse buddies for responding to this thread.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Didn't quite escape.
    I'd really love a current "state of the art" Hurricane. We have Baz's early ones through JustFlight and Dan Dunn's FCS ones, which are dated and, in some cases, have interesting modelling around the tail (Dan said "It's the second model I ever made!" when I spoke to him about it ) but we don't have anything to the standard of the RAS, A2A or newer AH models.

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 0