Spitfire IX download
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spitfire IX download

Spitfire IX download

I've been away from flight simulation for a while due to family issues, but now I'm slowly getting back in. I was wondering if there's still an FSX native Spitfire IX available for download anywhere. I would have liked the RealAir model, but I can't find it. I'm somewhat against the grain in that for me it's the IX that's the iconic Spitfire and not the Dunkirk/BoB models. The IX also reminds me of my Jane's WWII Fighters days. I held on to that sim for a long time, until finally me system simply would not tolerate it. Thanks in advance.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

There is still one available here....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flight001-F.../dp/B000Y31ZK2

Cheers,
    Huub

I can wish..

Now if only A2A would allow someone to modify their Spit to a IX...? (probably not a chance)...

didn't they just make a Mk.IX for a museum in the UK?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    There is still one available here....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flight001-F.../dp/B000Y31ZK2

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanks, huub. I saw that one, but they don't deliver to the US. One of those Spit IXs flew right across the bridge from me in Southern Ontario as part of Russell Aviation Group. Go HERE: http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/Airframe...php?Serial=799

I expect one day to find that RealAir Spit in a Goodwill or Salavation Army thrift. I'm not joking. I get a lot of computer equipment from them. I got FSX Gold Edition with its original authenticity codes for 1 USD. I got my Logitech joystick for 2.99 USD, and never had a day of trouble with it. I'd sworn off Logitechs because I had two of them before and they wouldn't keep calibration for more than two weeks, but for 2.99 I decided "why not?" Never had a single problem with it since then.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Now if only A2A would allow someone to modify their Spit to a IX...? (probably not a chance)...
    Not A2A, but, as I've mentioned before, a 3d mesh of the RealAir model has been available to buy on a few of the 3D modelling online stores for a few years now.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/a...spitfire-mk-ix

https://www.highend3d.com/3d-model/s...mk-ix-3d-model

http://animium.com/2015/07/spitfire-3d-model

I assume it has been sanctioned by RealAir as it has not been removed!

(I guess on the other hand RA possibly bought this mesh originally for their project).

It would make a good base for a brand new FSX/P3D high detail MK.IX, with the opportunity to correct the mistakes and improve the original 3D Model.

A2A have done a MK.IX for the Boultbee Flight Academy Spitfire cockpit simulator built by Airtech Simulations as an outside project, but there are no plans to release it for FSX/P3D from what I understand.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Thank you for answering. Yes, I did see that, but the listing disappears when I switch from German to English, which again indicates to me they don't ship this particular product to the US.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Blog Entries
    Hi James,
    It might not be of any interest to you, but have you considered the DCS Spitfire IX?:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...anes/spitfire/

It's without doubt the best Spit out there, but it's a real challenge to taxi the thing!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    Thank you for answering. Yes, I did see that, but the listing disappears when I switch from German to English, which again indicates to me they don't ship this particular product to the US.

JAMES
    According to the text in the Shipping costs section from the Aerosoft site, they ship all over the world (see below):

Remaining Europe and Rest of the World
    The shipping fees for orders within Europe and the rest of the world shall be determined by shipping mode and weight and shall be calculated and stipulated during the order process and prior online-ordering. The ordering process may be cancelled here at any time upon request. Aerosoft additionally offers shipping via registered mail up to shipping weight of 0.5kg. Aerosoft charges a shipping fee of 6.20 euros for deliveries via registered mail within Europe and for the rest of the world. Please be aware that shipping via registered mail may take between 1 and 4 weeks, depending on your destination country. Delivery of hardware shall generally be via UPS due to its nature. Additional custom fees and taxes may apply in the event of ordering and shipping goods outside the European Union that will be due upon arrival of your goods in your country. You shall bear additional custom fees. Custom fees may differ from country to country. Aerosoft thus advises that you contact your local customs center in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    According to the text in the Shipping costs section from the Aerosoft site, they ship all over the world (see below):

Remaining Europe and Rest of the World
    The shipping fees for orders within Europe and the rest of the world shall be determined by shipping mode and weight and shall be calculated and stipulated during the order process and prior online-ordering. The ordering process may be cancelled here at any time upon request. Aerosoft additionally offers shipping via registered mail up to shipping weight of 0.5kg. Aerosoft charges a shipping fee of 6.20 euros for deliveries via registered mail within Europe and for the rest of the world. Please be aware that shipping via registered mail may take between 1 and 4 weeks, depending on your destination country. Delivery of hardware shall generally be via UPS due to its nature. Additional custom fees and taxes may apply in the event of ordering and shipping goods outside the European Union that will be due upon arrival of your goods in your country. You shall bear additional custom fees. Custom fees may differ from country to country. Aerosoft thus advises that you contact your local customs center in advance.
    I've got one coming, huub. One of my allies found it online. My birthday is on Saturday but I don't expect it to be here till the week after.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

That's good news James. Although the model is over 12 years old, its still the best model when you are looking for a Mk.IX or MK.XIV.

Enjoy flying it!
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Hi James,
    It might not be of any interest to you, but have you considered the DCS Spitfire IX?:

It's without doubt the best Spit out there, but it's a real challenge to taxi the thing!

Ian
    This is indeed an excellent Spitfire. The only problem is that you can not fly it anywhere. Even the Normandy map leaves a lot to be desired. Great realism though, as far as the plane is concerned, and you get to dogfight with it too.

Hi James,

Ian
    I've seen a lot of DCS video on YouTube, Ian, but I don't have it. Thanks for the link.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Blog Entries
    I've seen a lot of DCS video on YouTube, Ian, but I don't have it. Thanks for the link.

JAMES
    James,
    You can download and use DCS World for free, you get two aircraft, a Russian SU-25 jet and an un-armed version of the TF-51D Mustang. Give it a try, it's a great sim and you've nothing to lose:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...wnloads/world/

Ian

ps. I think the DCS 2.5 Open Beta is probably the best version.

James,
    You can download and use DCS World for free, you get two aircraft, a Russian SU-25 jet and an un-armed version of the TF-51D Mustang. Give it a try, it's a great sim and you've nothing to lose:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...wnloads/world/

Ian

ps. I think the DCS 2.5 Open Beta is probably the best version.
    I have already considered this. To do what I want in DCS I would probably need a new hard drive and video card, or perhaps even a new computer. Even though I've constantly upgraded, my desktop rig is getting long in the tooth.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Blog Entries
    I have already considered this. To do what I want in DCS I would probably need a new hard drive and video card, or perhaps even a new computer. Even though I've constantly upgraded, my desktop rig is getting long in the tooth.

JAMES
    James,
    My computer is 3-4 years old and it runs DCS far better than it runs P3D and miles better than FSX.

Ian

There is a hole to be filled in regards to the IX, not sure what developer out ther would want to tackle it but I think there would be money to be made
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    There is a hole to be filled in regards to the IX, not sure what developer out ther would want to tackle it but I think there would be money to be made
    Aeroplane Heaven did that great Spitfire pack for FS9. You'd think they'd redo it to the latest standards for FSX.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Aeroplane Heaven did that great Spitfire pack for FS9. You'd think they'd redo it to the latest standards for FSX.
    Aeroplane Heaven did do FSX Spitfires that were sold by Just Flight, but I don't think they did an IX, right now they have an Mk IV and Mk V that have been out for a few years and the new Dunkirk Spit, that is a Mk 1
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

James,
    My computer is 3-4 years old and it runs DCS far better than it runs P3D and miles better than FSX.

Ian
    My computer just turned 7. As I said, I've continually upgraded, but it's beginning to show its age. You don't have to convince me. As soon as practicable, I'll be downloading DCS World.

JAMES

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Aeroplane Heaven did do FSX Spitfires that were sold by Just Flight, but I don't think they did an IX, right now they have an Mk IV and Mk V that have been out for a few years and the new Dunkirk Spit, that is a Mk 1
    Actually we did do a IX. A total of 13 variants through to the 22 if I remember correctly, also the two-seat MkIX trainer. A bit long in the tooth now I suspect.

The statement was in regard to which variants Aeroplane Heaven had done specifically for FSX, as opposed to the FS9 collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Actually we did do a IX. A total of 13 variants through to the 22 if I remember correctly, also the two-seat MkIX trainer. A bit long in the tooth now I suspect.
    Well Baz, perhaps you could put the IX on your list and perhaps the VIII as well? VIII's the same as an IX except it has a retractable tailwheel.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Well Baz, perhaps you could put the IX on your list and perhaps the VIII as well? VIII's the same as an IX except it has a retractable tailwheel.
    Well, there was a little bit more to it than that!

As I said, a high quality FSX MK.IX would be most welcome.

I personally would like to see a whole series starting with the very early F.IXs (1942) up until very late LF & HF.IXs (late 1944/early 1945).

Cheers

Paul

Members who have read this thread: 0